Kelechi Nwakali…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

kawawa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:39 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm Came off the bench while his team were down by 2 goals to push them to an inspiring comeback to register their first point of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:
That’s what he does. :clap: :clap: :clap:
When has he? Examples will help. I am just pointing out selective non-data driven hype. He started the first 4 games and is now on the bench for a team that is not scoring or winning. Why would they not want this great dead ball, ball winning, assist making midfield general.
Haba..kilode gaaan? The boy tiff sontin from you?

There's nothing unusual about a coach changing tactics, dropping players etc when the team is not performing, particularly at the start ofvthe session. The team was not scoring so he took off a CM for a winger/forward, that's what happened. It doesn't mean Kelechi wasn't performing, he just had to do something different and it seems to be working. The fact that kelechi still features off the bench even though his duties are primarily defensive shows how much the coach likes him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 pm
kawawa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:39 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm Came off the bench while his team were down by 2 goals to push them to an inspiring comeback to register their first point of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:
That’s what he does. :clap: :clap: :clap:
When has he? Examples will help. I am just pointing out selective non-data driven hype. He started the first 4 games and is now on the bench for a team that is not scoring or winning. Why would they not want this great dead ball, ball winning, assist making midfield general.
Haba..kilode gaaan? The boy tiff sontin from you?

There's nothing unusual about a coach changing tactics, dropping players etc when the team is not performing, particularly at the start ofvthe session. The team was not scoring so he took off a CM for a winger/forward, that's what happened. It doesn't mean Kelechi wasn't performing, he just had to do something different and it seems to be working. The fact that kelechi still features off the bench even though his duties are primarily defensive shows how much the coach likes him.
seems you spoke to the coach :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Who does this guy play for now? He's just OK, not SE starting material. I hope he improves to the potential folks here expect him to get to
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:18 pm Who does this guy play for now? He's just OK, not SE starting material. I hope he improves to the potential folks here expect him to get to
We have been talking about this guy's "potential" for nearly 10 years now. Still waiting.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

kbt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:41 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:18 pm Who does this guy play for now? He's just OK, not SE starting material. I hope he improves to the potential folks here expect him to get to
We have been talking about this guy's "potential" for nearly 10 years now. Still waiting.
My brother, I tire oh. Even at U-17 level, I rate Ifeanyi Matthew pass am. Ifeanyi Matthew was an exact replica of Oliseh, Long range pass and Shot that year. His not participating at the world cup in UAE possibly affected his development. He was my best player in that 2013 U-17 Eaglet.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:35 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:44 amJust goes to show how trajectories and fortunes have such a wide variation.
In fact, I recall reading somewhere back then that even Alampasu was a late replacement for another 'keeper who was the real no 1 for that set. For whatever reason he was dropped, never to be heard of again.

Then Wilfred Ndidi who had to be dropped because ofchanges in his MRI findings never made the U17 World Cup with Nacho and Awoniyi.
He must have been devastated at the time, I'm sure.
Adeyinka Adewale, who was injured between the U17 AFCON and the U17 WC…
He was called up by Peseiro for the Super Eagles’ friendlies against Mexico and Ecuador last year.

PS: Savior Godwin, another Peseiro cap, was also part of the 2013 U17 squad.
Thanks Gotti.
You are the true undisputed Encyclopedia Supereaglica. :thumb:

One day Gotti will be exposed as a bot running in some supercomputing lab in Wakanda. :)
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nwakali with an assist from a corner
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:29 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:35 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:44 amJust goes to show how trajectories and fortunes have such a wide variation.
In fact, I recall reading somewhere back then that even Alampasu was a late replacement for another 'keeper who was the real no 1 for that set. For whatever reason he was dropped, never to be heard of again.

Then Wilfred Ndidi who had to be dropped because ofchanges in his MRI findings never made the U17 World Cup with Nacho and Awoniyi.
He must have been devastated at the time, I'm sure.
Adeyinka Adewale, who was injured between the U17 AFCON and the U17 WC…
He was called up by Peseiro for the Super Eagles’ friendlies against Mexico and Ecuador last year.

PS: Savior Godwin, another Peseiro cap, was also part of the 2013 U17 squad.
Thanks Gotti.
You are the true undisputed Encyclopedia Supereaglica. :thumb:

One day Gotti will be exposed as a bot running in some supercomputing lab in Wakanda. :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Some days I feel like one tbh…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

He had another good game today., best player on the pitch for his club. If Fisayo can get a call playing in Turkey, it's time for Kelechi Nwakali to get another call.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:16 pm He had another good game today., best player on the pitch for his club. If Fisayo can get a call playing in Turkey, it's time for Kelechi Nwakali to get another call.
Is this your opinion or factual ratings?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:55 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:16 pm He had another good game today., best player on the pitch for his club. If Fisayo can get a call playing in Turkey, it's time for Kelechi Nwakali to get another call.
Rating on whoscored

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/17484 ... il-Vicente
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:24 pm
Rating on whoscored

I think Peseiro will call him as a last minute replacement for Onyedika who suffered a knock from his last game, also makes sense to invite Nwakali since the friendly games are in Portugal where he's based
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:24 pm
Rating on whoscored

Thanks Chief!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I agree.

Na another "Cult of Ibrahim Rabiu"...

Dude just has cult followers...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:44 am
I agree.

Let’s not forget that some of “us” dismissed Mikel as a “sideways passer”, lol. Make no mistake, Nwakali’s got game and he belongs in the SuperEagles🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:37 pm
I agree.

Let’s not forget that some of “us” dismissed Mikel as a “sideways passer”, lol. Make no mistake, Nwakali’s got game and he belongs in the SuperEagles🤔❗️

Cheers.
This is true. But I believe the difference was that Mikel was delivering on all fronts and obviously strictly sticking to instructions
Nwakali on the other hands has been patchy in output and not convincing any of his several managers to trust him in his role.
Hopefully, this appears to be changing and once his confidence is sufficiently reinforced, he will become the top player we have all been waiting for.
Let us pray….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

To be fair. He is playing well for his club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:13 pm
I agree.

Cheers.
This is true. But I believe the difference was that Mikel was delivering on all fronts and obviously strictly sticking to instructions
Nwakali on the other hands has been patchy in output and not convincing any of his several managers to trust him in his role.
Hopefully, this appears to be changing and once his confidence is sufficiently reinforced, he will become the top player we have all been waiting for.
Let us pray….
So how many of our current midfielders are better than him on current form? Two of our main Midfielders play in division 2 and one of our current midfielders that starts every game for the super eagles hardly makes the bench for his division 2 club! To be clear, we don’t have any midfielder that's a top player at the moment, so why reject one that is currently playing well and in good form? I don't understand.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

It’s crazy he plays in our coaches country but even with good performances the coach is still picking 2nd division bench warmers like Aribo over him…You can’t say with a straight face that he’s not SE quality and yet you are fine with the likes of Aribo getting invited…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:06 pm It’s crazy he plays in our coaches country but even with good performances the coach is still picking 2nd division bench warmers like Aribo over him…You can’t say with a straight face that he’s not SE quality and yet you are fine with the likes of Aribo getting invited…
I tire oh! Sometimes I wonder for what exactly that guy is paid 70k a month
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

gochino wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:58 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:13 pm
I agree.

Cheers.
Let us pray….
So how many of our current midfielders are better than him on current form? Two of our main Midfielders play in division 2 and one of our current midfielders that starts every game for the super eagles hardly makes the bench for his division 2 club! To be clear, we don’t have any midfielder that's a top player at the moment, so why reject one that is currently playing well and in good form? I don't understand.
Did someone just compare Mikel and Nwakali or even mention two of them in the same sentence?

the midfield of SE includes: Ndidi, Onyeka, Iwobi, Onyedika......Nwakali is not on the same level as any of them.

Aribo on the other hand might not be in the best of forms but i still believe he is better than him.

the likes of Fisayo, Alhassan have better claim than him...thats my opinion though
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:06 pm It’s crazy he plays in our coaches country but even with good performances the coach is still picking 2nd division bench warmers like Aribo over him…You can’t say with a straight face that he’s not SE quality and yet you are fine with the likes of Aribo getting invited…
The problem is, hardly anyone thinks Aribo is still SE quality.
I can’t think of anyone here that is “fine with it”.
But that doesn’t mean we are “fine” with Nwakali either.

To be fair, he seems to be building a case for his invitation more recently.
His invite will come. He better seize it once it does.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "