Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

And stop using those UGLY dull green jerseys of the past. We have NEVER won a WC game wearing those uuuuuuugggliieeeee dull green jerseys! Not a single WC game! We can even alternate this beautiful jersey with black shorts or green shorts, paired with this beautiful shade of green.

Just look at the beautiful sight of that jersey! Look how wonderfully the color of the jersey complements the skin tone as well! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner here! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! We should make this the standard SE color jersey!

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:43 pm And stop using those UGLY dull green jerseys of the past. We can even alternate with black shorts or green shorts, paired with this beautiful shade of green.

Just look at the beautiful sight of that jersey! Look how wonderfully the color of the jersey complements the skin tone as well! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner here! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You showed more Canadian jersey than ours. 😂 I think the jersey looked good with the ladies but I’m not sure it will have the same effect on our guys. Just my opinion. We need something beautiful and also intimidating. When I see the Cameroonian jersey, I know we are in for a war.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! We should make this the standard SE color jersey!

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:48 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:43 pm And stop using those UGLY dull green jerseys of the past. We can even alternate with black shorts or green shorts, paired with this beautiful shade of green.

You showed more Canadian jersey than ours. 😂 I think the jersey looked good with the ladies but I’m not sure it will have the same effect on our guys. Just my opinion. We need something beautiful and also intimidating. When I see the Cameroonian jersey, I know we are in for a war.
Trust me, our boys will look like fashion models with THIS particular color jersey, especially when paired with black shorts with the NFF circle logo on the lower left side of the shorts, with player numbers rendered in white.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Di tin n'eti gbaaaaaaaaa ka onwa! :clap: :clap: :clap: O na eti gbaaaaaaaaaa! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I approve this! This jersey is actually pleasing to the eye and will look damn good on our SE players, NFF should make this light green our official jersey.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:31 pm I approve this! This jersey is actually pleasing to the eye and will look damn good on our SE players, NFF should make this light green our official jersey.
Those dark green jerseys, no matter the design, are bad for black business.
I’ll keep saying it.
I just don’t have the time to put the full statistical evidence together to back up my theory.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:31 pm I approve this! This jersey is actually pleasing to the eye and will look damn good on our SE players, NFF should make this light green our official jersey.
Ehen! :clap: :clap: You get correct sense! :thumbs: :thumbs: These jerseys have massive potential to become iconic football classics like only a few other jerseys in world football. Honestly I didn't think it would be possible with green color. I always thought green was rather limited but I am ecstatic to be proven wrong! Quite ecstatic! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:04 pm
I’ll keep saying it.
I just don’t have the time to put the full statistical evidence together to back up my theory.
No need for stats. Look at our World Cup record. Not a single game won using those dull green jerseys. My theory is that the color blends too much with the grass and reduces reaction time and sharpness in our players, as well as being just plain ooooogggglieeee and depressing to look at! :boo:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Post by Tobi17 »

Check out Awoniyi in the jersey and you get the point as to why darker skins go with lighter green, NFF really need to employ young fashion-minded people to run their brands honestly.

hestonap
Egg
Egg
Re: Look how beautiful this jersey is! This should be THE standard SE color jersey!

Post by hestonap »

is this not the same hue of green we wore at the World Cup in 2002 if I recall. Maybe our poor performance in that tourney built in a dislike and my bias against this color. Got to say it looks good though
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:38 pm
I’ll keep saying it.
No need for stats. Look at our World Cup record. Not a single game won using those dull green jerseys. My theory is that the color blends too much with the grass and reduces reaction time and sharpness in our players, as well as being just plain ooooogggglieeee and depressing to look at! :boo:
There are those who will laugh at your hypothesis, or even at the simple suggestion that jersey colour might have any impact on outcomes at all.
But up until about two years ago I was collecting SE data which appeared to back my observation.
And one of my theories was that peripheral vision might be a key factor.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:45 am [quote="Scipio Africanus" post_id=5893128 time=<a href="tel:1689975495">1689975495</a> user_id=42]
[quote=Damunk post_id=5893114 time=<a href="tel:1689973442">1689973442</a> user_id=146]
[quote=Tobi17 post_id=5893109 time=<a href="tel:1689971490">1689971490</a> user_id=153807]
I approve this! This jersey is actually pleasing to the eye and will look damn good on our SE players, NFF should make this light green our official jersey.
I’ll keep saying it.
[/quote]
[/quote]There are those who will laugh at your hypothesis, or even at the simple suggestion that jersey colour might have any impact on outcomes at all.
But up until about two years ago I was collecting SE data which appeared to back my observation.
And one of my theories was that peripheral vision might be a key factor.
[/quote]
Which is extremely important 👏🏾👍🏾
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

I’ll keep saying it.
...so na jersey dey win matches now?
We get too many blind excuses, while the real culprits (the nfa) go scot-free.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

We used that jersey in 2002. 21 years ago. Several on this forum complained about the shade of green.

If memory serves me right some went as far as to ask why Italy wears blue when blue is not in their flag….
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:13 am
I’ll keep saying it.
Jeezos. Don’t be ridiculous, guy.
If nor be you, I for yab you nor be small.
You sound like one of those guys that would laugh at those wishing to make a scientific approach to performance analysis.
Sebi na to kick ball inside net? :rotf:
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Jersey just look bright. Though feminine in my view.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We should pick one shade of Green and stick with it. The national color green should be the shade on the national flag.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

nzeogwu wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:04 pm We used that jersey in 2002. 21 years ago. Several on this forum complained about the shade of green.

If memory serves me right some went as far as to ask why Italy wears blue when blue is not in their flag….
Not just several but very many. Ironically, some of the same guys who complained vehemently about that jersey are now having seismic orgasms over it. Go figure🤔❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:27 pm
I’ll keep saying it.
You sound like one of those guys that would laugh at those wishing to make a scientific approach to performance analysis.
...I can understand the type and quality of material but not this constant color mussing thing.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:30 pm We should pick one shade of Green and stick with it. The national color green should be the shade on the national flag.
What is even our national color green? I’ve seen in books where the color is bright green and others where it’s dark green.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:27 pm
I’ll keep saying it.
...I can understand the type and quality of material but not this constant color mussing thing.
Then maybe you need to read up?
Firstly, there's a whole load of stuff on the psychology of color in sport.
But my theory is nothing to do with all that.
I'm saying it's more to with visibility.
Dark green jersey on a black player on a green field.
- Reduced contrast.
- Reduced visibility in the peripheral visual field.
Those tiny margins could translate to statistically significant outcomes in a large study.

Its worth considering. :idea:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:45 pm Then maybe you need to read up?
- Reduced contrast.

Those tiny margins could translate to statistically significant outcomes in a large study.

...oh boy, well we've been toying with it since ages still can't come up with what green match a black skin.
We are in huge trouble.
Bad NFA
Bad players selection
Bad nepotism, tribalism
Now bad color combo :shock:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:57 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:45 pm Then maybe you need to read up?
- Reduced contrast.

...oh boy, well we've been toying with it since ages still can't come up with what green match a black skin.
We are in huge trouble.
Bad NFA
Bad players selection
Bad nepotism, tribalism
Now bad color combo :shock:
It’s not in-your-face obvious.
I don’t believe anyone anywhere has done any research on this subject; research on matters affecting black people is always at the bottom of the pile.
Na we go do am by ourself and then report and act on any findings of significance.
Part of our problem is that we always ridicule ourselves when someone is looking into something unusual or obscure.

Until Oyibo tells us their findings on black studies, na laugh we go dey laugh….