DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN BAYER LEVERKUSEN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN LEVERKUSEN

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:50 am
onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:15 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:59 pm
onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:38 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
He could try his place in the midfield where we are a bit deficient at the moment, same with Orban. Orban could be tried as an Attacking midfielder. Afterall Finidi was converted from the midfield to the Wing as the midfield was then very competitive and with Finidi having a blistering pace. Even Siasia had to be accommodated as a wing/attacking midfielder. That is what I suggest.
Interesting point.
I was going through a few of his YouTube videos and it seems like he started off as an AM in his Nigeria U20 days about 2 years ago.
They must have quickly converted him to a striker - and very successfully.

This is why I believe we don't have to be too fixated with our players. We are already loaded in attack. Some of our attacking players should be converted to midfielders, as we are weak in that area. In the 90's we were loaded in midfield, and a midfielder was converted to a winger (Finidi) another to a left full back (Iroha). We have to be dynamic.
I said this a while back that with all our strikers and wingers somebody needed to be converted to a #10.

I had hoped it could be Ejuke. I still think even Lookman or Boniface could be a possibility.
It will be difficult for Ejuke or Emmanuel Dennis to get called up again for the SE except there is an upturn in their club careers otherwise they would end up like Onyekuru
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:17 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
He could try his place in the midfield where we are a bit deficient at the moment, same with Orban. Orban could be tried as an Attacking midfielder. Afterall Finidi was converted from the midfield to the Wing as the midfield was then very competitive and with Finidi having a blistering pace. Even Siasia had to be accommodated as a wing/attacking midfielder. That is what I suggest.
Interesting point.
I was going through a few of his YouTube videos and it seems like he started off as an AM in his Nigeria U20 days about 2 years ago.

This is why I believe we don't have to be too fixated with our players. We are already loaded in attack. Some of our attacking players should be converted to midfielders, as we are weak in that area. In the 90's we were loaded in midfield, and a midfielder was converted to a winger (Finidi) another to a left full back (Iroha). We have to be dynamic.
I said this a while back that with all our strikers and wingers somebody needed to be converted to a #10.

I had hoped it could be Ejuke. I still think even Lookman or Boniface could be a possibility.
It will be difficult for Ejuke or Emmanuel Dennis to get called up again for the SE except there is an upturn in their club careers otherwise they would end up like Onyekuru
I read somewhere that Atalanta are trying to get Emmanuel Dennis, not sure if it's a tier 1 source
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

:taunt:
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:31 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:24 pm We have one of the best strike forces in world football! The issue now is where are we going to get the midfielders to service the strike force?
Eletu, Daga and Akinsanmiro are too young and inexperienced, Eletu, contrary to what we were led to believe, has not been included in AC Milan’s pre season squad on their USA tour.
We really need to make a serious push for the likes of Olise, Ugochukwu, Nmecha etc. These are midfielders who are ready while we allow the youngsters to grow without pressure
If the coach was doing his job, we wont be mentioning Oise and Nmecha. There are several very good and talented Nigerian midfielders out there.

Akinsanmiro went from playing kindergarten football in Nigeria to being named in the Inter Milan squad within 1 year. :rotf: :rotf: Tells you all you need to know.

We are so focked!! kaii! We are so focked! We have the capacity to research, review, scout out the right way. But we refuse! Our culture is one of severe laziness. I remember a thread I opened about Dortmund preparing for the next season, 6 months before hand and a lot of CE members were mocking them that "they will still not win." Does that matter? What matters is the preparation culture. The desire to do the work properly and strive to succeed by doing things the right way. We are not ready. Out culture is decayed to the bone marrow. Not just our leaders, out fellow citizens.
Akinsanmiro has been left out of Inter Milan’s pre season squad for their tour to Japan
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:28 am :taunt:
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:31 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:24 pm We have one of the best strike forces in world football! The issue now is where are we going to get the midfielders to service the strike force?
Eletu, Daga and Akinsanmiro are too young and inexperienced, Eletu, contrary to what we were led to believe, has not been included in AC Milan’s pre season squad on their USA tour.
We really need to make a serious push for the likes of Olise, Ugochukwu, Nmecha etc. These are midfielders who are ready while we allow the youngsters to grow without pressure
If the coach was doing his job, we wont be mentioning Oise and Nmecha. There are several very good and talented Nigerian midfielders out there.

Akinsanmiro went from playing kindergarten football in Nigeria to being named in the Inter Milan squad within 1 year. :rotf: :rotf: Tells you all you need to know.

We are so focked!! kaii! We are so focked! We have the capacity to research, review, scout out the right way. But we refuse! Our culture is one of severe laziness. I remember a thread I opened about Dortmund preparing for the next season, 6 months before hand and a lot of CE members were mocking them that "they will still not win." Does that matter? What matters is the preparation culture. The desire to do the work properly and strive to succeed by doing things the right way. We are not ready. Out culture is decayed to the bone marrow. Not just our leaders, out fellow citizens.
Akinsanmiro has been left out of Inter Milan’s pre season squad for their tour to Japan
I wonder if it’s passport issues or if he’s being loaned out.

Either way, he needs first team football this season and he should push for a Belgian loan. The step up from primavera football to first grade competitive football is massive. We saw the likes of Sadiq, Oduamadi dominate at that level. Oduamadi never made it at the top level and Sadiq’s journey from primavera domination to top-5 first division football lasted 5 years.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN BAYER LEVERKUSEN

Post by marutimon »

I would love a front with Osimhen, Chukweuze, Gift Orban and very likely Boniface with Orban as a second striker/AM.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Interesting point.

It shouldn't take much tbh. It's not like we have so many quality wide players.

Simon and Musa are basically half of our options, and that is garbage.

Chuks and Lookman are the only quality wide players we really have.

Boniface and Orban are strikers who hopefully can be successful for us out wide, but we will see. Tella is another option that should be tried.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:16 pm
Interesting point.

It shouldn't take much tbh. It's not like we have so many quality wide players.

Simon and Musa are basically half of our options, and that is garbage.

Chuks and Lookman are the only quality wide players we really have.

Boniface and Orban are strikers who hopefully can be successful for us out wide, but we will see. Tella is another option that should be tried.
VE,

Dammy is likely correct, at least under Peseiro. There is no way a player like Ejuke or Dennis will get in. Dennis has already been tried under this manager and did not cut it. As for Ejuke, it is highly unlikely given his type of ball. I look at this team, the manager (if he survives AFCON usual fallout following a poor result) will like continue most likely to seek a goalkeeper, central defenders, central mids and one or two wide players to strengthen the WCQ phase but it will not be those mentioned here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:25 pm
Thank God! His mother had to come from Nigeria to drag her son from the curse of Bushboy! The poor woman did it for us all! God bless her :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Some Ghanaian is trying to claim him for Ghana 🇬🇭

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Victor was very unwise to get involved in that melee against Dortmund on Saturday. He was lucky that VAR intervened to rescind his red card. In a non VAR match with a lot at stake, his red card would have stood, and he would have been needlessly sent off and suspended.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

wiseone wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 am Victor was very unwise to get involved in that melee against Dortmund on Saturday. He was lucky that VAR intervened to rescind his red card. In a non VAR match with a lot at stake, his red card would have stood, and he would have been needlessly sent off and suspended.
But it was a VAR match. Players know that and that knowledge determines how players act on the field. Out of all the players involved in the melee, Victor was the least involved.

As far as Nigerian players are concerned, Boniface is very clean with 4 yc in his last 55 matches in Europe.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!