DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN BAYER LEVERKUSEN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DONE DEAL - VICTOR BONIFACE WILL JOIN LEVERKUSEN

Post by Dammy »

We have one of the best strike forces in world football! The issue now is where are we going to get the midfielders to service the strike force?
Eletu, Daga and Akinsanmiro are too young and inexperienced, Eletu, contrary to what we were led to believe, has not been included in AC Milan’s pre season squad on their USA tour.
We really need to make a serious push for the likes of Olise, Ugochukwu, Nmecha etc. These are midfielders who are ready while we allow the youngsters to grow without pressure
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 pm
    EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:19 pm Good move! Though we haven’t had much luck with our players in Germany performing well for SE with the exception of Oliseh they just seem to fade out but I like this player, I think he should play on the left side of the attack in a 433 alongside Vic and Chukwueze. Hopefully, we can start to phase out the dancing midgets from SE. :thumb:
    So you rate this guy highly enough to break into our loaded frontline.
    Interesting, considering the competition.

Chai, we might risk losing Orban at this rate o. I thought this guy plays centrally like the rest….Moffi, Awoniyi, Nacho, Sadiq, and of course Osimhen.
    I even feel like I’ve left someone out…
    My bro, Boniface is the real deal! He is good enough to start for Nigeria.
    I watched him several times last season and he has everything, strength, skill, speed, vision. I’m glad he has stepped up because it will be difficult to ignore him now
    I am happy
    Lolly
    Flying Eagle
    Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:19 pm Good move! Though we haven’t had much luck with our players in Germany performing well for SE with the exception of Oliseh they just seem to fade out but I like this player, I think he should play on the left side of the attack in a 433 alongside Vic and Chukwueze. Hopefully, we can start to phase out the dancing midgets from SE. :thumb:
    Akpoborie
    "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
    olu
    Egg
    Egg

Post by olu »

With everyone healthy, I'll go:

1. Osimhen
    2. Sadiq
    3. Moffi
    4. Iheanacho (cause He offers something different with his passing ability when played in a front two).

Btw, Orban and Boniface, particularly, Boniface should be invited for the Sao Tome game. We need to start testing them ASAP.
    EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:50 pm

Chai, we might risk losing Orban at this rate o. I thought this guy plays centrally like the rest….Moffi, Awoniyi, Nacho, Sadiq, and of course Osimhen.
      He can play off the left side in a 433 but he’s a striker, same for Orban. We’re so stacked at the No 9 position and Osihmen is such a rock that most of the strikers making moves might not see a SE a jersey anytime soon.

Pick 3 strikers for Afcon.

1, Osihmen
      Last edited by olu on Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Tobi17
      Egg
      Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:24 pm We have one of the best strike forces in world football! The issue now is where are we going to get the midfielders to service the strike force?
      Eletu, Daga and Akinsanmiro are too young and inexperienced, Eletu, contrary to what we were led to believe, has not been included in AC Milan’s pre season squad on their USA tour.
      We really need to make a serious push for the likes of Olise, Ugochukwu, Nmecha etc. These are midfielders who are ready while we allow the youngsters to grow without pressure
      Olise will be very tough, he's already established in the youth system for France and seems keen on playing for France.

Nmecha has been capped by Germany right? except I'm confusing the two Nmecha brothers
      bret- hart
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:24 pm We have one of the best strike forces in world football! The issue now is where are we going to get the midfielders to service the strike force?
      Nonsense. How "experienced" was Deborah Abiodun when she pocketed the Canadian midfield a few days ago? How will these players get experience??? Capping them in the NT will increase their value in the eyes of their clubs. If Eletu starts getting callups to the SE, Milan will be forced to start playing him in their 1st team. This is how its done. The fact that the likes of Orban and Boniface has yet to play for Nigeria is a big shame.

PS can some of you folks stop mentioning the likes of Olise here. The guy does not want to play for Nigeria. Leave am alone. Is not by force. Develop and give our home grown ballers the opportunity.
      I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
      EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:40 pm
      Akpoborie
      Akpoborie could barely get a game for SE but he did well in Germany. Ironically, Utah and Agali also did well in Germany but not so much for SE. Hopefully, Boniface changes the trend.
      OCCUPY NFF!!
      Damunk
      Flying Eagle
      Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:38 pm
      Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
      He could try his place in the midfield where we are a bit deficient at the moment, same with Orban. Orban could be tried as an Attacking midfielder. Afterall Finidi was converted from the midfield to the Wing as the midfield was then very competitive and with Finidi having a blistering pace. Even Siasia had to be accommodated as a wing/attacking midfielder. That is what I suggest.
      Interesting point.
      I was going through a few of his YouTube videos and it seems like he started off as an AM in his Nigeria U20 days about 2 years ago.
      They must have quickly converted him to a striker - and very successfully.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
      onovo
      Egg
      Egg

Post by onovo »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:48 pm
      Nonsense. How "experienced" was Deborah Abiodun when she pocketed the Canadian midfield a few days ago? How will these players get experience??? Capping them in the NT will increase their value in the eyes of their clubs. If Eletu starts getting callups to the SE, Milan will be forced to start playing him in their 1st team. This is how its done. The fact that the likes of Orban and Boniface has yet to play for Nigeria is a big shame.

PS can some of you folks stop mentioning the likes of Olise here. The guy does not want to play for Nigeria. Leave am alone. Is not by force. Develop and give our home grown ballers the opportunity.
      The dynamics of female football is different. If for example if these lads you mentioned gets invited, and they make a terrible mistake during a game. The criticism they would receive could have a devasting impact on their career. I would advise we thread with caution.
      onovo
      Egg
      Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:59 pm
      Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm I don't mind Simon Moses in the expanded AFCON squad, one thing he brings to the team is work-rate, I saw how Simon tracked back countless times against Salone to help defend-
      He could try his place in the midfield where we are a bit deficient at the moment, same with Orban. Orban could be tried as an Attacking midfielder. Afterall Finidi was converted from the midfield to the Wing as the midfield was then very competitive and with Finidi having a blistering pace. Even Siasia had to be accommodated as a wing/attacking midfielder. That is what I suggest.
      Interesting point.
      I was going through a few of his YouTube videos and it seems like he started off as an AM in his Nigeria U20 days about 2 years ago.

This is why I believe we don't have to be too fixated with our players. We are already loaded in attack. Some of our attacking players should be converted to midfielders, as we are weak in that area. In the 90's we were loaded in midfield, and a midfielder was converted to a winger (Finidi) another to a left full back (Iroha). We have to be dynamic.
      Dammy
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:03 pm

The dynamics of female football is different. If for example if these lads you mentioned gets invited, and they make a terrible mistake during a game. The criticism they would receive could have a devasting impact on their career. I would advise we thread with caution.
      :clap: :clap:
      I am happy
      danfo driver
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:55 pm
      danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:45 pm
      We are not "deficient" in midfield. Because your coach and your NFF are incapable of scouting and performing their duties does not mean we are deficient in midfield. Do not be like the coach/NFF, allow your mind to think outside the small box that they have put you. I truly feel bad for Nigerians. Our horrible government make our citizens unable to see the possibilities. Tufiakwa!

2 weeks ago, no one was opening thread for Boniface to be in the SE, talkless of a starter. I am sure tomorrow, if a midfielder signs for a good European club, he will automatically become available for the SE. :oops:
      I understand you, which good midfielders can you recommend for the team at the moment ? I feel Orban should be made to compete with Iwobi in the attacking Midfield, while Simon compete in any of the midfield position. That is the reality of things at the moment.
      My brother, I do not work for the NFF or the coach. They get paid enough to do this job and report to ME/US - we are their bosses.

As for Orban. He is a striker-- actually one of the deadliest in European football - with his record. It will be a bad decision to force a square peg into a round hole because the coach/NFF is afraid (or have taken bribe from) to drop players who are less than him.

And why are you forcing simon to "compete in any midfield position?" Does his father own the team? if he cant compete with people in his position, why should be he be forced on the team?

P.s-- this is me just having a conversation with you. I know Musa and Simon will walk into the team and we will drop deserving players. I also know that there will be no scouting for the midfield position and we will take 4 midfielders with us to the AFCON. I have made my peace and moved on. I dont care anymore :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
      "it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
      metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
      danfo driver
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If the coach was doing his job, we wont be mentioning Oise and Nmecha. There are several very good and talented Nigerian midfielders out there.

Akinsanmiro went from playing kindergarten football in Nigeria to being named in the Inter Milan squad within 1 year. :rotf: :rotf: Tells you all you need to know.

We are so focked!! kaii! We are so focked! We have the capacity to research, review, scout out the right way. But we refuse! Our culture is one of severe laziness. I remember a thread I opened about Dortmund preparing for the next season, 6 months before hand and a lot of CE members were mocking them that "they will still not win." Does that matter? What matters is the preparation culture. The desire to do the work properly and strive to succeed by doing things the right way. We are not ready. Out culture is decayed to the bone marrow. Not just our leaders, out fellow citizens.
      "it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
      metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
      onovo
      Egg
      Egg

Post by onovo »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:21 pm
      onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:55 pm
      danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:45 pm
      We are not "deficient" in midfield. Because your coach and your NFF are incapable of scouting and performing their duties does not mean we are deficient in midfield. Do not be like the coach/NFF, allow your mind to think outside the small box that they have put you. I truly feel bad for Nigerians. Our horrible government make our citizens unable to see the possibilities. Tufiakwa!

2 weeks ago, no one was opening thread for Boniface to be in the SE, talkless of a starter. I am sure tomorrow, if a midfielder signs for a good European club, he will automatically become available for the SE. :oops:
      I understand you, which good midfielders can you recommend for the team at the moment ? I feel Orban should be made to compete with Iwobi in the attacking Midfield, while Simon compete in any of the midfield position. That is the reality of things at the moment.
      My brother, I do not work for the NFF or the coach. They get paid enough to do this job and report to ME/US - we are their bosses.

As for Orban. He is a striker-- actually one of the deadliest in European football - with his record. It will be a bad decision to force a square peg into a round hole because the coach/NFF is afraid (or have taken bribe from) to drop players who are less than him.

And why are you forcing simon to "compete in any midfield position?" Does his father own the team? if he cant compete with people in his position, why should be he be forced on the team?

P.s-- this is me just having a conversation with you. I know Musa and Simon will walk into the team and we will drop deserving players. I also know that there will be no scouting for the midfield position and we will take 4 midfielders with us to the AFCON. I have made my peace and moved on. I dont care anymore :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
      I am not a fan of Simon, I was only responding to one of his fan who wanted him in the team because of his work rate. I only offered an opinion that if Simon was to be considered because of his work rate, then he would need to join the midfield and compete there as he is not needed in the attack in my opinion, and we are deficient currently in midfield. Thank you.
      Scipio Africanus
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Have you forgotten that JJ, Ikpeba and Osimhen played in Germany? Do you even watch football? :shock:

Wha choo looking at?!
      EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:44 pm
      Have you forgotten that JJ, Ikpeba and Osimhen played in Germany? Do you even watch football? :shock:

It’s not who played but who did well for SE while playing in Germany. Osihmen couldn’t get on the pitch with Wolfsburg let alone do well, JJ did well and Ikpeba was ok.
      OCCUPY NFF!!
      bret- hart
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

How would you know if you dont give them an opportunity? You are talking as if we have prime Xavi and Iniesta in our ranks. We dont so the sooner we start giving these youngsters the opportunity the better for us all.
      I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
      vancity eagle
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont mind him in the squad. He shouldn't be starting though.

He would soon be phased out though.

Musa isn't even in the top 20 players in his position.
      packerland
      Egg
      Egg

Post by packerland »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:09 am

How would you know if you dont give them an opportunity? You are talking as if we have prime Xavi and Iniesta in our ranks. We dont so the sooner we start giving these youngsters the opportunity the better for us all.
      Brethart,

I like those boys but they are not ready. If the NFF insist on imposing players on the coach then impose players like Eletu & Daga. I agree that we should look past Olise. I thought we had a shot with Eze but not Olise.

Once I found out that Olise was eligible to play for 3 countries including France, I said forget it. We can’t compete with France. The French team is stacked but if Mousa Sissoko can have 71 caps for France then I can’t blame Olise for dreaming.
      "Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
      Tobi17
      Egg
      Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:26 am
      bret- hart wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:09 am

Brethart,

I like those boys but they are not ready. If the NFF insist on imposing players on the coach then impose players like Eletu & Daga. I agree that we should look past Olise. I thought we had a shot with Eze but not Olise.

Once I found out that Olise was eligible to play for 3 countries including France, I said forget it. We can’t compete with France. The French team is stacked but if Mousa Sissoko can have 71 caps for France then I can’t blame Olise for dreaming.
      We can never know if the likes of Eletu, Daga etc are ready or not until we feature them in a couple of games? the dead rubber game against Sao Tome can be used to test these new kids at no cost or risk, as well as other friendly matches that I hope we get within the year. The Nicholas Jackson kid who is the rave of the moment for Chelsea and Senegal made his international debut at just 18 yrs old...apparently it's only in Nigeria that you have to be 20+ yrs with grown man beards before you're deemed ready for senior football no matter how good you are. A player like Akinsanmiro is already in the Inter Milan first team and he will definitely make cameo appearances here and there, why not start grooming him slowly into the team? he can train with the big boys and make late subs from the bench, Marcus Abraham got promoter to Porto's first team as well...there are some talented midfielders in Remo stars as well that can be looked at. We will never win anything with a midfield anchor of Aribo/Ndidi...Iwobi needs help cause we can't keep heaping the creative burden on him...
      Last edited by Tobi17 on Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
      vancity eagle
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:28 pm

I watched him several times last season and he has everything, strength, skill, speed, vision. I’m glad he has stepped up because it will be difficult to ignore him now
        Our dumb coach will say that Boniface is a striker, and that Musa is a winger. So that's why he wasn't called. But Musa sef was also a striker. Any coach who cannot figure out that Boniface or Orban can be used as a wide forward is an angel*. Or was that just what he had to say to justify Musas inclusion.
        vancity eagle
        Eaglet
        Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:15 pm
        Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:59 pm
        Interesting point.

This is why I believe we don't have to be too fixated with our players. We are already loaded in attack. Some of our attacking players should be converted to midfielders, as we are weak in that area. In the 90's we were loaded in midfield, and a midfielder was converted to a winger (Finidi) another to a left full back (Iroha). We have to be dynamic.
        I said this a while back that with all our strikers and wingers somebody needed to be converted to a #10.

I had hoped it could be Ejuke. I still think even Lookman or Boniface could be a possibility.
        packerland
        Egg
        Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 am
        Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:28 pm

Our dumb coach will say that Boniface is a striker, and that Musa is a winger. So that's why he wasn't called. But Musa sef was also a striker. Any coach who cannot figure out that Boniface or Orban can be used as a wide forward is an angel*. Or was that just what he had to say to justify Musas inclusion.
          If we continue to play 4-4-2 then the likes of Boniface and Orban will not make the team and if they somehow make the team, they will be used at LM/RM.

God! Maybe we do have coaches that are not smart. I remember when prime Musa was scoring left and right for CSK Moscow as a striker but SE coaches continued to use him as a winger. Musa couldn’t cross the ball to save his life.
          "Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .