I hope Indiscipline doesn't kick Falcons out of the World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
I hope Indiscipline doesn't kick Falcons out of the World Cup

Post by ahidjo2 »

Two needless tackles by Ayinde and Ajibade was all that the Moroccans needed to stretch the game to penalties and won. Ayinda launched a vicious ankle tackle on a Moroccan and was sent off. Ajibade did not learn anything from that incident and went on to repeat exactly the same on another Moroccan player and was equally sent off. The game was needlessly stretched to extra time and Moroccans won the penalty shoot out that ensued. It was a dogged fight by the nine-woman Super Falcons as they absorbed about 60 minutes of relentless pressure to stretch the game to penalty shootout. It was a game that Nigeria due to recklessness and carelessness by players. Again, in the last game against Canada, the same indiscipline took over. Ordega went reckless inside the box with and ankle strike and feigned ignorance of what she did. Demehin did another reckless tackle, so also did Alozie. Then came the most reckless and dangerous of them all, the Abiodun tackle. One wonders if anybody has had the time to talk to the girls about these acts. THis is something under their control and if not properly addressed and controlled, the Super falcons will see their efforts go up in ruins due to indiscipline. Btw, I expect Oshoala and Ordega to be dropped from the starting line up against Australia. Oshaola has proved again and again that she can not deliver for Nigeria. She puts in minimal and half-hearted efforts every time she plays.