Chelsea midfield could be Naija midfield

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Chelsea midfield could be Naija midfield

Post by nzeogwu »

If Ilise decides to play for Naija and he ends up at Chelsea, we may eventually end up with a cohesive midfield in Ugochukwu, Olise and Carney.

What are the odds that all three would play for Naija?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea midfield could be Naija midfield

Post by Damunk »

nzeogwu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:35 pm If Ilise decides to play for Naija and he ends up at Chelsea, we may eventually end up with a cohesive midfield in Ugochukwu, Olise and Carney.

Zero.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

nzeogwu wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:35 pm If Ilise decides to play for Naija and he ends up at Chelsea, we may eventually end up with a cohesive midfield in Ugochukwu, Olise and Carney.

I think you should be asking the odds of any of the three playing for Nigeria. I think still close to zero unless of course their chances dry up elsewhere.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:43 pm

Zero.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Our best shot was Eze. I never had any hope of Olise playing for us with him eligible to play for 3 or is it 4 other countries.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Olise has already committed to France.

Chukwuemeka is already an England U20 player.

Ugochukwu is our best chance but he also is a France youth player.

To answer your question. the chances all 3 playing for SE is as good as Bigpokey not opening another rubbish thread on CE.

It's over. :laugh: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Surely England and France are too stacked already and can't have all our dual nationals in Chelsea right? here's me holding on to some shred of hope that the likes of Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu, and Olise will have to have super amazing seasons for them to make the England and France national teams....
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Some people in this forum are intentionally chosing to be stupid or intentionally ignorant. So sad. These foreign Nigerians ( Vancity's favorite flavor) have not even signaled their interest in playing for Nigeria or have even played for their respective countries in age competitions. Don't you guys have an iota of self respect? You keep parading their names like they're about to play for Nigeria just because they have a Nigerian sounding name or heritage.If these players want to play for Nigeria, it will be easily known. Even the blind could see it. Why don't we focus on the players that want to play for SE or home based players? Una mumu never do?
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Our standard must be if they are not as good as Victor Osimhen, they should be the one begging to be considered by Naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cmoke wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:55 am Our standard must be if they are not as good as Victor Osimhen, they should be the one begging to be considered by Naija
None of them are . Our Osimhen is way above these bench warmers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cmoke wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:55 am Our standard must be if they are not as good as Victor Osimhen, they should be the one begging to be considered by Naija
Osimhen is not a midfielder.

Nothing wrong with speculating and hoping that we get some more good players from the foreign-born lot.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Lolly wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:24 am

Nothing wrong with speculating and hoping that we get some more good players from the foreign-born lot.

I think what he meant is their quality and not their position of play.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

You obviously dont get it!

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cmoke wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:00 pm You obviously dont get it!

He didn't read your post properly. nah old age. Please take it easy on him.
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

onovo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:25 pm

I think what he meant is their quality and not their position of play.
We can’t set such standards if our present players in other positions (midfield, defenders & goal keepers) are no where Osimhen’s level.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:56 am Surely England and France are too stacked already and can't have all our dual nationals in Chelsea right? here's me holding on to some shred of hope that the likes of Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu, and Olise will have to have super amazing seasons for them to make the England and France national teams....
We keep saying that those teams are stacked but are we not doing the same thing with all the strikers we have? Some countries will die to have the likes of Awoniyi, Denis, Akor, Orban etc who are presently not make our starting 11. England and France will continue to add and drop players based on form.

I said this before that missing the last World Cup will affect our ability to recruit players. What do we have to entice these players? We are not sure bet to qualify for the WC compared to England and France, we don’t pay our players on time, our officials are clueless, and we sure don’t have world class infrastructures. Like Emir said, we want them to come play for free in hot weather 😂
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Of the three, Lesley Ugochukwu, is probably the most likely - but only if not capped by France…

As Onyekachi Apam’s nephew (he was only born in France because Onyekachi brought his sister over to France to live with him and reportedly prepare Naija food for him), he most likely would have grown up with some stories and awareness of the Super Eagles in particular and playing for Nigeria in general. If not for Onyekachi’s transfer to Nice after his Flying Eagles’ U20 appearance, Lesley probably would have currently been playing for the “indomitable” Enugu Rangers International!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

packerland wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:51 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:56 am Surely England and France are too stacked already and can't have all our dual nationals in Chelsea right? here's me holding on to some shred of hope that the likes of Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu, and Olise will have to have super amazing seasons for them to make the England and France national teams....
We keep saying that those teams are stacked but are we not doing the same thing with all the strikers we have? Some countries will die to have the likes of Awoniyi, Denis, Akor, Orban etc who are presently not make our starting 11. England and France will continue to add and drop players based on form.

I said this before that missing the last World Cup will affect our ability to recruit players. What do we have to entice these players? We are not sure bet to qualify for the WC compared to England and France, we don’t pay our players on time, our officials are clueless, and we sure don’t have world class infrastructures. Like Emir said, we want them to come play for free in hot weather 😂
Nigeria is not the only country characterised with this problem, most developing countries of African and South America also have. However some of these countries still manage to get their best foreign born talents, eg Senegal and Ivory coast. I don't subscribe to the idea that a foreign born player should be lured to our national team with an already secured world cup ticket. If such a player is not ready to go through the rigours of the qualification in Africa, they are also not fit to play in the world cup. Nah who wan cook the food when dem wan chop.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

onovo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:03 pm

Nigeria is not the only country characterised with this problem, most developing countries of African and South America also have. However some of these countries still manage to get their best foreign born talents, eg Senegal and Ivory coast. I don't subscribe to the idea that a foreign born player should be lured to our national team with an already secured world cup ticket. If such a player is not ready to go through the rigours of the qualification in Africa, they are also not fit to play in the world cup. Nah who wan cook the food when dem wan chop.
But the question is: Why are other countries (Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal, and even the less playing nations) more successful in doing this and Naija not. Are their FAs better than NFF (ok, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder)? Or simply, Naija is cursed?! I would so much like to know this..

Thx
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Next wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:06 pm

But the question is: Why are other countries (Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal, and even the less playing nations) more successful in doing this and Naija not. Are their FAs better than NFF (ok, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder)? Or simply, Naija is cursed?! I would so much like to know this..

Thx
This is a very easy question to answer. Nigerians are the only people on the internet that constantly abuse the country. No one in their rightful minds will want to even take a look at naija with the constant abuse by the so called citizens, who are so good at blaming everyone else except themselves. ( for years they've been bullied by their leaders , and they constantly accept it. Elections are won by the failed ruling party over and over again)

Just read comments about Nigeria, 99% of the people bad mouthing Nigeria are Nigerians. This is why many people hardly visit Nigeria as a tourist destination. Even Wodemaya the ghana youtuber called this out on a nigerian radio station .

I do not blame these abroad recruits who reject Nigeria. I also hope they continue to. Yall should finally get this. IF they want to play for Nigeria , they will make that move.

Nigerians do not sell the positives of Nigeria, but they are pros when it comes to selling the negatives. CE has many pros
SuperEagles

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:57 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:56 am

Thx
This is a very easy question to answer. Nigerians are the only people on the internet that constantly abuse the country. No one in their rightful minds will want to even take a look at naija with the constant abuse by the so called citizens, who are so good at blaming everyone else except themselves. ( for years they've been bullied by their leaders , and they constantly accept it. Elections are won by the failed ruling party over and over again)

Just read comments about Nigeria, 99% of the people bad mouthing Nigeria are Nigerians. This is why many people hardly visit Nigeria as a tourist destination. Even Wodemaya the ghana youtuber called this out on a nigerian radio station .

I do not blame these abroad recruits who reject Nigeria. I also hope they continue to. Yall should finally get this. IF they want to play for Nigeria , they will make that move.

Nigerians do not sell the positives of Nigeria, but they are pros when it comes to selling the negatives. CE has many pros
You have absolutely nailed it. I have travelled far and wide. Senegal and Ivory coast don't have better infrastructure or welfare package than Nigeria. However, their foreign born internationals believe and pride themselves in their country. However in Nigeria's case, a Nigerian born in England sees himself as superior to a Nigerian born and brought up in Nigeria just because of British accent and also the bad picture of Nigeria sold to them by their parents. They would rather make friends with white Europeans than a Nigerian born. This is the unfortunate situation of Saka, Tammy, Tomori, etc.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

onovo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:49 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:56 am

Thx

You have absolutely nailed it. I have travelled far and wide. Senegal and Ivory coast don't have better infrastructure or welfare package than Nigeria. However, their foreign born internationals believe and pride themselves in their country. However in Nigeria's case, a Nigerian born in England sees himself as superior to a Nigerian born and brought up in Nigeria just because of British accent and also the bad picture of Nigeria sold to them by their parents. They would rather make friends with white Europeans than a Nigerian born. This is the unfortunate situation of Saka, Tammy, Tomori, etc.
But also they are running their footie better than Nigeria, esp the likes of Senegal. It’s not just that they don’t bad mouth their country (which I think is besides the point), their federation runs it’s footie properly and identifies them in a timely manner and starts conversations with them. Even with that they still only get a small portion of them, especially those that France already identified trained and have plans for. They don’t have the same squabbles and issues, they pay on time, they have a long term goal and stick to their plan (not firing coaches Willy nilly), so for ex. all the players that **** started talking to, once he’s fired it goes silent on that end. There’s a fire brigade approach by us, with short term thinking and no long term planning that would be attractive for players putting their long term international career into the NFFs hands. There is literally no upside to going with thirds world country if you have a good chance of playing for a top one. And then ontop of that if they are sh1t at running their footie federation it’s like what is the point?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Thx

Maybe because there is so much to bad mouth but frankly it is not just Nigerians. Most of Africa know what we all know and what we say openly about Nigeria. Nigeria should be the regional power house in every respect: Resources, population, education, commerce but every institution is corrupt NFF included. It is just what it is. Ghana, Senegal and even Ivory Coast where the head of state was threatening to flog the national team a couple of decades ago has moved ahead. Frankly I am not surprised that the only ones who will play for us are those who are cannot hack it in the West. Tell me BP, if you have kids born in Houston who are good enough for the US would they really play for Nigeria?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:05 pm

Thx

Maybe because there is so much to bad mouth but frankly it is not just Nigerians. Most of Africa know what we all know and what we say openly about Nigeria. Nigeria should be the regional power house in every respect: Resources, population, education, commerce but every institution is corrupt NFF included. It is just what it is. Ghana, Senegal and even Ivory Coast where the head of state was threatening to flog the national team a couple of decades ago has moved ahead. Frankly I am not surprised that the only ones who will play for us are those who are cannot hack it in the West. Tell me BP, if you have kids born in Houston who are good enough for the US would they really play for Nigeria?
This is because Nigerians are kings of bad mouthing Nigeria. Have these other Africans been to Nigerian to experience whatever exaggerated rants by Nigerians? NO, they hear it all from the bad mouths of Nigerians who thinks they are excluded from the rants they are yelling about Nigeria. This cracks me up . Nigerians are Nigeria's worst enemies. They complain the economy is bad, no water, no light etc...but still they vote in the same party/government playing them kalo kalo.

Why should anyone give two flying rats about people who are too lazy to fix their own issues. The world is moving on , Nigerians are still voting those who started our republic before many of us were even born.

Nobody will fix Nigeria but Nigerians .
SuperEagles