OFFICIAL: Michael Folorunsho Signs For Verona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
OFFICIAL: Michael Folorunsho Signs For Verona

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: OFFICIAL: Michael Folorunsho Signs For Verona

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope he gets a national team call up
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:59 pm I hope he gets a national team call up
Keep hoping.

SE is currently a shambles being run by morons. Hate to always be so pessimistic, but it is what it is.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Would he actually make us better? Have never watched him play but I'm suspicion of a player that bounces around Serie A teams on loan like his last name is Mortgage. He's not better than Nwakali.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:54 am Would he actually make us better? Have never watched him play but I'm suspicion of a player that bounces around Serie A teams on loan like his last name is Mortgage. He's not better than Nwakali.
I've watched him since his season with Bari in the Seria B and he was always the standout player for them, drives the ball forward well with purpose and is a decent passer so he can effectively play that b2b role, just imagine a better version of prime Onazi. He and Nwakali don't play the same position so there's no basis for comparison.

I believe he was bounced around on loans because of he wasn't s starter at a fairly stacked Napoli squad so he was loaned out to a few clubs to develop his game, and he developed well in the Seria B and looks to be a starter for Hellas Verona in the Seria A after a successful pre-seaon.

I'll take him alongside Nwakali, Samson Tidjani (back in form now) to anchor that midfield in hopefully friendly matches and against Sao Tome so we can test our depth. Ndidi and Aribo can't continue to be the mainstay of our midfield in 2023.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:42 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:59 pm I hope he gets a national team call up
Keep hoping.

SE is currently a shambles being run by morons. Hate to always be so pessimistic, but it is what it is.
We have a new sports minister so let's hope we get some sanity back in our football, but I'm not holding my hopes up on that happening.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Has he even declared for Nigeria ?

I watched him yesterday and he was nothing special. But it can't hurt to try new players.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:58 pm Has he even declared for Nigeria ?

I watched him yesterday and he was nothing special. But it can't hurt to try new players.
According to quotes attributed to him, he hopes to catch the eyes of the SE selectors
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:11 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:58 pm Has he even declared for Nigeria ?

According to quotes attributed to him, he hopes to catch the eyes of the SE selectors
:clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:04 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:54 am Would he actually make us better? Have never watched him play but I'm suspicion of a player that bounces around Serie A teams on loan like his last name is Mortgage. He's not better than Nwakali.
I've watched him since his season with Bari in the Seria B and he was always the standout player for them, drives the ball forward well with purpose and is a decent passer so he can effectively play that b2b role, just imagine a better version of prime Onazi. He and Nwakali don't play the same position so there's no basis for comparison.

I believe he was bounced around on loans because of he wasn't s starter at a fairly stacked Napoli squad so he was loaned out to a few clubs to develop his game, and he developed well in the Seria B and looks to be a starter for Hellas Verona in the Seria A after a successful pre-seaon.

I'll take him alongside Nwakali, Samson Tidjani (back in form now) to anchor that midfield in hopefully friendly matches and against Sao Tome so we can test our depth. Ndidi and Aribo can't continue to be the mainstay of our midfield in 2023.
Hopefully NFF is watching…but I doubt it…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It'll be tough to break into one of the 3 or 4 midfield spots in the squad.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

When was Nwakali ever a benchmark for the SE?
This kid has for the most part of his career played in the Serie A and is currently doing so.

Remind us which club or league is Nwakali playing in again?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:32 pm When was Nwakali ever a benchmark for the SE?
This kid has for the most part of his career played in the Serie A and is currently doing so.

Actually he’s been constantly loaned in Serie B I believe…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:02 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:32 pm When was Nwakali ever a benchmark for the SE?

Actually he’s been constantly loaned in Serie B I believe…
And just made his Serie A debut despite being owned by Napoli since 2019
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:49 pm It'll be tough to break into one of the 3 or 4 midfield spots in the squad.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

To lose this guy because someone who now no longer coaches us, didnt care to select players on merit is truly a disgrace!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 am To lose this guy because someone who now no longer coaches us, didnt care to select players on merit is truly a disgrace!
I’ve changed my mind on him, he’s better than most of our MF, likely the best MF option we have. Onyeka and Iwobi are good but hustle can only take us so far.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 am To lose this guy because someone who now no longer coaches us, didnt care to select players on merit is truly a disgrace!
God will punish Shitseiro honestly, this 80's mafia boss looking clown was so cowardly to experiment with new players...annoying part is that there was a really chance Folorunsho would have considered Nigeria while he was still in the fringes of football going by several reports. This fool and Ahmed Musa will tell us how much was shared between them soon for better prospects to be ignored.

All the best of Folrunsho, deserved call up for him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:44 am
I’ve changed my mind on him, he’s better than most of our MF, likely the best MF option we have. Onyeka and Iwobi are good but hustle can only take us so far.
Onyeka (God bless his AFCON grits) is all brawn and average football brains, just your typical gidigbo type of player (which every team needs since destroyers aren't out of style yet)...but truth is we need more cerebral and technical players to dictate the tempo of our midfield...we can't keep depending on Iwobi. This friendly would have been a good chance to look at Ifeanyi Matthew who is having a terrific season in Zurich, also Ibrahim Olawoyin (another baller ), and Obinna Nwobodo. But of course we have typically low IQ administrators who just can't grasp the whole point of a friendly game.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:56 am
God will punish Shitseiro honestly, this 80's mafia boss looking clown was so cowardly to experiment with new players...annoying part is that there was a really chance Folorunsho would have considered Nigeria while he was still in the fringes of football going by several reports. This fool and Ahmed Musa will tell us how much was shared between them soon for better prospects to be ignored.
Everyone is complaining that we lost Folorunsho.
But are you sure that he wanted to play for Nigeria?
If he just feels italian, Italy is the right national team for him!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Yup. He’s lost to Italy. Just called up for their next game. He would’ve made a difference to SE MF. At this point I think the person that shépé for us has died. We have no coach and we’re leaking top talent. We need fasting and prayers for the devil to forgive us before we even pray to God at this point.

Midfielders: Nicolo Barella (Inter), Giacomo Bonaventura (Fiorentina), Michael Folorunsho (Verona), Davide Frattesi (Inter), Jorginho (Arsenal), Manuel Locatelli (Juventus), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma).

https://dailysports.net/news/there-are- ... onal-team/
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:25 am Yup. He’s lost to Italy. Just called up for their next game. He would’ve made a difference to SE MF. At this point I think the person that shépé for us has died. We have no coach and we’re leaking top talent. We need fasting and prayers for the devil to forgive us before we even pray to God at this point.

Midfielders: Nicolo Barella (Inter), Giacomo Bonaventura (Fiorentina), Michael Folorunsho (Verona), Davide Frattesi (Inter), Jorginho (Arsenal), Manuel Locatelli (Juventus), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma).

https://dailysports.net/news/there-are- ... onal-team/
We have a better chance at getting Olise, Ugochukwu, and Chukwuemeka...but will NFF get its act together and appoint a good coach without unnecessary drama?