We must figure a way for all 3 starting for the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
We must figure a way for all 3 starting for the SE

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We must figure a way for all 3 starting for the SE

Post by danfo driver »

You can play a hybrid of what Man City is playing, but I do not think we should force the 3 of them in the 11. There is a need to bring in a fresh player who will torment tired defenders.

In the Man City line up. I'll put some players names in the line up, because of their characteristics. For instance, you have player like Bassey who in the defensive phase, closes in like Nathan Ake or Gvardiol or Akanji; but when the team is attacking, he can give width.

--------------------------------------------GK----------------------------------------------

----------------CB-------------------Abarabioyo (Diaz)---------------------Bassey (Gvardiol)---------------------

---RWB (Walker)----------------------------CDM (Rodri)--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------Iwobi (or a defensive minded CM) (Kovacic)---------------------

----------------------Chukwueze (Bernando Silva)------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Boniface (Grealish)--------------

-------------------------------Awoniyi (Alvarez)-----------------Osimhen (Haaland)------------------------------------

I know Alvarez plays behind Haaland, but we can choose to play both side by side.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You can play a hybrid of what Man City is playing, but I do not think we should force the 3 of them in the 11. There is a need to bring in a fresh player who will torment tired defenders.

In the Man City line up. I'll put some players names in the line up, because of their characteristics. For instance, you have player like Bassey who in the defensive phase, closes in like Nathan Ake or Gvardiol or Akanji; but when the team is attacking, he can give width.

--------------------------------------------GK----------------------------------------------

----------------CB-------------------Abarabioyo (Diaz)---------------------Bassey (Gvardiol)---------------------

---RWB (Walker)----------------------------CDM (Rodri)--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------Iwobi (or a defensive minded CM) (Kovacic)---------------------

----------------------Chukwueze (Bernando Silva)------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Boniface (Grealish)--------------

-------------------------------Awoniyi (Alvarez)-----------------Osimhen (Haaland)------------------------------------

I know Alvarez plays behind Haaland, but we can choose to play both side by side.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:00 pm You can play a hybrid of what Man City is playing, but I do not think we should force the 3 of them in the 11. There is a need to bring in a fresh player who will torment tired defenders.

This is Pretty impressive .. I think we can actually run a formation like this , now a CDM that will sit back and let the wide players push forward and overwhelm the opposition . I also noticed City actually crosses the ball a lot now when the middle gets jammed up
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:46 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:00 pm You can play a hybrid of what Man City is playing, but I do not think we should force the 3 of them in the 11. There is a need to bring in a fresh player who will torment tired defenders.

This is Pretty impressive .. I think we can actually run a formation like this , now a CDM that will sit back and let the wide players push forward and overwhelm the opposition . I also noticed City actually crosses the ball a lot now when the middle gets jammed up
Excuse me Sir, will we still play like man city in our cattle field with Salisu the master tactician as our coach?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:26 am

Excuse me Sir, will we still play like man city in our cattle field with Salisu the master tactician as our coach?

Why are u detailing the thread with reality?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:27 am

Formation =/= equal tactics. Hopefully, you know that. :oops:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:52 am

Mr football Einstein, do you realize we haven’t paid a coach on a timely manner in 10yrs or more? I believe the last SE coach to get paid as agreed was Lagerback. Anyway sha, the tactics are interesting and fun to talk about online. I would love to see it happen.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:26 am

my goodness you are so infatuated with bigpokey, as i said i will be moving into your house, and kicking you out by the time i am done everything in there will have my last name , and this is the song they all will be singing while i dominate. By the time i am done, you will finally figure out why they call me Bigpokey 8-)

watch this space
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:26 am

Mr football Einstein, do you realize we haven’t paid a coach on a timely manner in 10yrs or more? I believe the last SE coach to get paid as agreed was Lagerback. Anyway sha, the tactics are interesting and fun to talk about online. I would love to see it happen.
FInally you get it. Just like my 23 man squad thread, its only theory. We will NEVER see this formation or any tactics anything near to Pep's. Nigeria does not hire coaches with the capacity to see outside a box. You know that, I know that and we all know that. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Eguavoen is here! So we return to 4-4-2, with flying wingers! FInidi! Amunike, Amokachi will play 8 and Yekini will play 9. Piam piam piam! :lol: :lol:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

352 may be our best formation with the players at our disposal

Bold - starter
() - other options

RCB: Torunariga (Awaziem, Omeruo, Akpoguma)
CB: Adarabioyo (Torunariga, Awaziem, Omeruo)
LCB: Bassey

RWB: Samuel (Ebuehi, Aina, Chukwueze)
LWB: Aina (Sanusi, Onyeamachi, Bassey, Simon)

DM: Ndidi (Onyedika, Nwobodo, Yusuf, Onyeka)
CM: Aribo (Yusuf, Nwobodo, Onyeka, Nwakali, Folorunsho, Iwobi)
AM: Iwobi (Akpom, Lookman, Tella, Folorunsho, Nwakali, Aribo, Dennis)

SS: Orban (Lookman, Boniface, Tella, Awoniyi, Chukwueze, Dennis, Moffi, Iheanacho)
ST: Osimehn (undisputed)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:13 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:26 am

FInally you get it. Just like my 23 man squad thread, its only theory. We will NEVER see this formation or any tactics anything near to Pep's. Nigeria does not hire coaches with the capacity to see outside a box. You know that, I know that and we all know that. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Eguavoen is here! So we return to 4-4-2, with flying wingers! FInidi! Amunike, Amokachi will play 8 and Yekini will play 9. Piam piam piam! :lol: :lol:
you know one thing i have noticed when the SE plays against teams that play so deep, why can't we just rotate the ball around the 18 and then start pumping crosses. We have players who can take on full backs etc. If you noticed, City's first goal vs Sheff United, they ended up pumping crosses. We've go the height in Vic etc... now the issue will be our wide players who do not whip balls in
SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

There are benefits to being stacked upfront that go beyond trying to force players into the XI.
How many tournaments have we had a critical forward injured? The SE are now in a position where we are now for the first time in my memory, injury-proof upfront. We are also bigman-proof. It doesn't matter how bigheaded any upfront player wants to be now, we have enough players to cover upfrront. If any striker wants to forget their way to the airport, that is their business, they can even forget their passport if they want. We have options.

We have competition. Only those who truly respect the flag will be taken seriously. No begging anybody to play upfront. You don't want to play? Go on vacation. Your position is covered.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The website is slow, easy to make duplicate posts now.

But let me edit this post to say that the reverse is true. If any goalkeeper should be in form, that goalkeeper will receive the inverse treatment. They will be treated like a King. If they should forget their way to the airport, we will charter a private jet for them. If they should fancy their teammates girl (like Thibaut Courtois), we will have to arrange something. Anything they want they must have. Beggers cannot be choosers. :taunt: :taunt:

As for the strikers, if we give them peak milk for hydration, I don't want to hear pim about "But I only take Gatorade".

Nah the law of supply and demand. Simples! We get too much supply for that position, so dem no fi demand nothing.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:16 am 352 may be our best formation with the players at our disposal

Bold - starter
() - other options

RCB: Torunariga (Awaziem, Omeruo, Akpoguma)
CB: Adarabioyo (Torunariga, Awaziem, Omeruo)
LCB: Bassey

RWB: Samuel (Ebuehi, Aina, Chukwueze)
LWB: Aina (Sanusi, Onyeamachi, Bassey, Simon)

DM: Ndidi (Onyedika, Nwobodo, Yusuf, Onyeka)
CM: Aribo (Yusuf, Nwobodo, Onyeka, Nwakali, Folorunsho, Iwobi)
AM: Iwobi (Akpom, Lookman, Tella, Folorunsho, Nwakali, Aribo, Dennis)

SS: Orban (Lookman, Boniface, Tella, Awoniyi, Chukwueze, Dennis, Moffi, Iheanacho)
ST: Osimehn (undisputed)
The 3-5-2 thing is increasingly looking like the only way to make the use of our personnel.

I suspect you’d play 2 ball winners in the middle of the park so a third one would link attack and defence and free the wing backs to really join the attack. On that basis, Osei becomes really important as he’s probably the best attacker of our wing-backs. Aina on the other side I guess.

If you could go with a third central midfielder who can genuinely link attack and defence, you could be really aggressive and play two big men. But I don’t think we have that person (Iwobi? Lookman?). So I think you end up with a line up as you’ve outlined, or play someone like Samu as a second striker who drifts wide.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:34 pm
Very possible ! This reminds me of Westerhof playing the combination Yekini, Siasia, and Amokachi. Very deadly attack then.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey's starting 11

Awoniyi (eventhough deep down he doesn't rate him)
Boniface
Osimhen
Gift
Moffi
Nacho
Dennis
Dessers
Akor
Musa
Sadiq (in goal till he regains match fitness)

:mad: :mad: :???: :???: :twisted: :twisted: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Big belle Pokey, we are waiting on your comments on this your starting 11 since we must start every player that scores at his club at once.

Please don't derail this thread. I have paid my cabal dues and I am now back in the cabal.
1naija wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:56 pm Bigpokey's starting 11

Boniface
Osimhen
Gift
Moffi
Nacho
Dennis
Dessers
Akor
Musa

Last edited by 1naija on Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

onovo wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:29 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:34 pm
Very possible ! This reminds me of Westerhof playing the combination Yekini, Siasia, and Amokachi. Very deadly attack then.
The dead rubber games is a great example to test such
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And your own first 11 will be:

Lawrence Ewards
Godswill Abong
Ini-Adom Amefiong
Ukeme Williams
Ibinabo Joseph Adokime
Naibe Akposiri
Ubaikpom Akpemkpom
Yoborime Josephiong
Atumkpom Ekpeyong
Godsfavor Adokiye
Abegeneweri Finito

Tribalism no good o :oops: :oops:

Boniface
Osimhen
Gift
Moffi
Nacho
Dennis
Dessers
Akor
Musa

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:27 pm And your own first 11 will be:

Lawrence Ewards
Godswill Abong
Ini-Adom Amefiong
Ukeme Williams
Ibinabo Joseph Adokime
Naibe Akposiri
Ubaikpom Akpemkpom
Yoborime Josephiong
Atumkpom Ekpeyong
Godsfavor Adokiye
Abegeneweri Finito

Tribalism no good o :oops: :oops:

Boniface
Osimhen
Gift
Moffi
Nacho
Dennis
Dessers
Akor
Musa

:rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The reality is that football is a 2-way game: Defending and scoring. To use 3 dedicated strikers on a team is committing suicide and I do not care whether each of them scores 100 goals for their respective clubs in a season. After all, in each game there will be one ball and all three must play with that singular ball; and within 90 minutes. The bottom-line is that the most a modern team will attempt is use two strikers and even then, one of those must assume heavier defensive duties than the other.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics