NPFL Week #1: Goals Rain.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NPFL Week #1: Goals Rain.......

Post by Enugu II »

Three observations from NPFL opening day games
https://sportsration.com/osho-reveals-w ... united-fc/
Caretaker Follow on Twitter3 hours ago0 149 1 minute read

The 2023/2024 Nigeria Premier Football League – NPFL season kicked off on Saturday, September 30, 2023. Here are three observations from the opening day.

GOAL RAIN

Twenty-one goals were scored in seven matches on the 2023/2024 Nigeria Premier Football League season opening day.

It is noteworthy that all twenty-one goals came from open play (zero penalty) , with the Bayelsa United FC vs Akwa United FC match producing the highest number of goals (8).

FIRST HAT-TRICK ON THE OPENING DAY

Bayelsa United FC striker Robert Mizo scored a hat-trick to help Bayelsa United FC defeat Akwa United FC 5-3 at the Samson Siasia Stadium, Yenegoa on Saturday, September 30.

A statement of his intention to gun for the NPFL top-scorer award.

TV FRIENDLY MATCH VENUES

The opening day matches were streamed live. Whether, it is the effects from camera used or a sign that NPFL clubs have worked on their playing turf, truth is , fans really enjoyed TV Friendly match venues.

A particular example is the Umuahia Township Stadium, which played host to the Abia Warriors vs Niger Tornadoes game, the environment was clean unlike past years.

RESULTS

Shooting stars 2-1 Plateau Utd
Bayelsa United 5-3 Akwa Utd
Abia warriors 1-0 Niger Tornadoes
Heartland FC 2-2 Lobi Stars
Sunshine stars 1-0 Kano Pillars
Enugu Rangers 2-1 Doma united
Katsina Utd 1-0 Kwara Utd

NEXT: There are three more games to conclude matchday one. Sporting Lagos vs Gombe United FC plus the games involving CAF Confederation Cup campaigners, Rivers United FC and Bendel Insurance FC.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: NPFL Week #1: Goals Rain.......

Post by Agbako »

Prof. you are not perturbed that the same sickness is still in place? All home games won or drawn? Is this really a League?

Sometimes I wonder are we really fdan of this Game in Nigeria? I am just totally Speachless......
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Agbako wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:44 pm Prof. you are not perturbed that the same sickness is still in place? All home games won or drawn? Is this really a League?

Sometimes I wonder are we really fdan of this Game in Nigeria? I am just totally Speachless......
Agbako,

I am not concerned about that, at this point. Here are reasons why?

1. These games did not feature any controversial last minute pk for the home side.
2. None of the home wins could be considered a surprise... at least not yet!
3. This is just Week 1. You need a mathematical calculation at the end of the season, compared to an expected outcome of home wins to determine whether the NPFL results are abnormal.
4. Having all home wins in just one week, after several weeks of games, will not be considered abnormal.,
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Agbako wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:44 pm Prof. you are not perturbed that the same sickness is still in place? All home games won or drawn? Is this really a League?

What the devil are you talking about? Unless there is a huge disparity between two teams, the home team always has a tremendous advantage and will win better than 70% of the time. That’s a statistical fact. Your emotions have nothing to do with anything🤔❗️

Cheers.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Isn't Remo in the NPFL?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!