UZOHO just visited this site.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
UZOHO just visited this site.......

Post by Enugu II »

I am informed by my nephew who knows Francis Uzoho quite well that the latter just visited this site and has visited here a few times previously. To make a long story short.....He is not happy. He believes, and I quote: "I have served and continue to serve this continue as best as I can. Many of these guys,, so called fans, have not lifted a finger in service of Nigeria. Yet, they can hide behind their computers to type rubbish." He has gone on to add: "How many of them can face what I have faced?"

I feel for this lad but the truth be told, it is time to move on but he is truly embittered by it all. He beliefs that many people here are not true fans of the Super Eagles. In fact, he mentioned that some countries previously approached him to change citizenship. Unfortunately, it is too late to do so now given FIFA's rules. He is now tied to Nigeria.

.....But he has not been pilloried as Nigerians pilloried one of our own who was at Orlando Pirates (Daniel Akpeyi) and had represented this country with all he had. Somewhat, we have all been spoiled by a long line of great goalkeepers that have represented this country. In fact, at one time we had three magnificent goalkeepers at the same time.

If I have the opportunity to talk with Mr. Uzoho directly I will simply tell him that the criticism comes with the territory. His service is not in vain but maybe, just maybe, taking a hiatus could help. But I wonder if he will be happy to hear such an advice from me but it may do him some good. That is just my tuppence worth of talk.

Pun intended in the above write -up
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UZOHO just visited this site.......

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:59 pm
I am informed by my nephew who knows Francis Uzoho quite well that the latter just visited this site and has visited here a few times previously. To make a long story short.....He is not happy. He believes, and I quote: "I have served and continue to serve this continue as best as I can. Many of these guys,, so called fans, have not lifted a finger in service of Nigeria. Yet, they can hide behind their computers to type rubbish." He has gone on to add: "How many of them can face what I have faced?"

I feel for this lad but the truth be told, it is time to move on but he is truly embittered by it all. He beliefs that many people here are not true fans of the Super Eagles. In fact, he mentioned that some countries previously approached him to change citizenship. Unfortunately, it is too late to do so now given FIFA's rules. He is now tied to Nigeria.

.....But he has not been pilloried as Nigerians pilloried one of our own who was at Orlando Pirates (Daniel Akpeyi) and had represented this country with all he had. Somewhat, we have all been spoiled by a long line of great goalkeepers that have represented this country. In fact, at one time we had three magnificent goalkeepers at the same time.

If I have the opportunity to talk with Mr. Uzoho directly I will simply tell him that the criticism comes with the territory. His service is not in vain but maybe, just maybe, taking a hiatus could help. But I wonder if he will be happy to hear such an advice from me but it may do him some good. That is just my tuppence worth of talk.

He is fortunate. He should check what they've wished on Musa. He should asked what Vancity did to Keshi and Amodu. He wished and prayed for the their death.

Same fans want foreign born players to switch allegiance!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:13 pm

He is fortunate. He should check what they've wished on Musa. He should asked what Vancity did to Keshi and Amodu. He wished and prayed for the their death.

The Keshi hate was vile especially the death wish from the likes of VE, same for Musa but why's it a crime for fans to express their feelings? football as a sport is probably the one thing that UNITES us in this fragile nation...so It's not farfetched for fans of the SE to be emotionally invested in the affairs of the team, especially when certain players who are simply not good enough or past it are always forced on the team. Fans will be fans, happens everywhere in football, some football clubs even have ultras that tend to be very violent and ideological to a level of fanaticism. That's what football does.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:21 pm

The Keshi hate was vile especially the death wish from the likes of VE, same for Musa but why's it a crime for fans to express their feelings? football as a sport is probably the one thing that UNITES us in this fragile nation...so It's not farfetched for fans of the SE to be emotionally invested in the affairs of the team, especially when certain players who are simply not good enough or past it are always forced on the team. Fans will be fans, happens everywhere in football, some football clubs even have ultras that tend to be very violent and ideological to a level of fanaticism. That's what football does.
It's not a crime to express your feelings. However some fans are DESPICABLE as evident by Vancity Eagle.

Whatever your opinion about a player is:

1) He HONOURED invitation by his country
2) He is making a sacrifice.

If you are not happy with his invitation, blame those inviting him and the coach that is giving him playing time.

Criticize the performance and not destroy the person.

If you are in employment, how will you want feedback to be given to you by clients, colleagues etc even IF it is a negative feedback.

If same players refused to honor national call we complain. If they chose another country, we complain.

Fans need to be HUMANE. Some are a disgrace to humanity.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Chief, I believe that things are a lot better in this era than in the 90's, trust me. Goalkeeper Abiodun Baruwa played a big role during the France 98 qualifiers by covering for the Injured Dosu Joseph. Baruwa was supposed to be the first choice goalkeeper in France 98, as Dosu Joseph and Ike Shorunmu, where ruled out due to injury. However, Baruwa's mistake against Yugoslavia in a friendly match, not only cost him his position as the first choice goalkeeper for the world cup, but subsequently his place in the National Team.

Uzoho is not even as decent as Baruwa, as well as the likes of Alloysius Agu, and Wilfred Agbonavbare, who were heavily criticised to the extent that Rufai was brought back to the National team to displace them.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

onovo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:46 pm

Chief, I believe that things are a lot better in this era than in the 90's, trust me. Goalkeeper Abiodun Baruwa played a big role during the France 98 qualifiers by covering for the Injured Dosu Joseph. Baruwa was supposed to be the first choice goalkeeper in France 98, as Dosu Joseph and Ike Shorunmu, where ruled out due to injury. However, Baruwa's mistake against Yugoslavia in a friendly match, not only cost him his position as the first choice goalkeeper for the world cup, but subsequently his place in the National Team.

Uzoho is not even as decent as Baruwa, as well as the likes of Alloysius Agu, and Wilfred Agbonavbare, who were heavily criticised to the extent that Rufai was brought back to the National team to displace them.
Baruwa was a showboater who got criticized mercilessly after his mistake against Yugoslavia. Which ended his SE career. Alloy Agu got his front teeth kicked out by a Cameroon player in The ‘92 Natinkns Cup. That didn’t stop us from criticizing him. One of the criticism of Alloy Agu is that he dives acrobatically after the ball has already gone into the net. Wilfred’s nickname was Agbonibasket. We even had a song for him growing up.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:59 pm Pun intended in the above write -up
Where was the pun?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

His quotes don’t sound anything like a professional footballer. Criticism is part of the territory and much better players have to endure worse.

I’d suggest he see someone (psychologist) for this because it appears his confidence is shot to bits.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Shouldn’t he be practicing how to catch the damn ball?what kind of jagbajantis is this? He caused us the WC and 2 victories, now he’s on CE complaining about the rubbish the makes CE thrive. What does he want people like Fatpokie to do with their time when he’s constantly opening yansh for our opponents? He berra take his time or we’ll send VE to Cyprus to have a word with him. Mscheeeew! Nonsense and ingredients. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II,
Please try to wait 5 hours after smoking indian hemp before posting.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

niyi wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:42 am Enugu II,

Chai Chineke God of Umuahia :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Peter Obi For President 2023
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:33 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, Vancity-eagle, Na wa-ooooooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

No player likes public criticism. He’s not the first or the last.

But as fans, it’s really not our business what he likes. It’s not about whether we think it’s easy or not. We simply don’t think he’s good enough currently. He just didn’t let in goals. He let in embarrassing goals.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Yall do realise E2 is just playing, right? I mean like he said, it’s an intended pun.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

E don dribu us. Kai….see stepover to the right while man don run go left like i Dey chase free amala.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:03 am

E don dribu us. Kai….see stepover to the right while man don run go left like i Dey chase free amala.
No be dribu. Becos e tok am. Na pass e pass. Him even tell you say him dey pass bol, show you whish side pass dey go. Onle say una no fit trap simpu pass, na why bol come toros you.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tell your nephew that I said He is a b45st4rd! I hve almost ignored him for years, but he has now invited my wrath! Arrogant piece of sh1t b45t4rd! I dont blame him. This is what Nigerians in power do. They have scorn and hatred for Nigerians and dare us to "try it!" We know what they think of us. Now you have this bench warming b45tard, whose mates are playing for Barca, City, Madrid, Bayern, while he is benchwarming in Cyprus! Shamelesss 1mb3c1le!

I dont blame him! Our coaches and fans accept benchwarmers and div 2 players, so how wont a wretched crap player open mouth and talk to us any how.

He has drawn the battle line abi?!!! Tell your nephew to tell him that he is done in the Eagles! He never jam. He is finished!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:35 pm
Where was the pun?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:46 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:35 pm
Where was the pun?
Bia Enugu

You sabi wetin be pun? :roll:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)