The Obi One Podcast

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
The Obi One Podcast

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Re: The Obi One Podcast

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

imehjunior wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:52 am
I must admit. Obi has had several coups with guests. Mourinho? That’s amazing
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:51 pm
When you behave well at work, after you leave you can easily call people on the phone and they will run to assist you. Another Nigerian i respect very highly is Mike Emenalo. Him and Mikel knew exactly how to work in "corporate America," built their network and it will continue to pay off for them for the rest of their lives.

I wouldnt be surprised if Roman had shown up to this podcast, but for the fact that he is stuck in Russia. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:51 pm
That’s his Daddy sha, and Daddy said he would do anything for his ‘boys’ hehe…that was a really weird exchange sha lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Listening to the interview and the part that impacted me the most was when he said that with that Chelsea team, he knew that at half-time, he could have a go at them, shout at them and in the second half, they will react. But today, with players of nowadays, he had to adapt because if he did that, many of them will go on the pitch and be shattered! They'd be hiding from the ball, afraid to make mistakes.

This is one reason I have hatred for football of nowadays. The players are weak, mentally, and absolutely lily livered. Tufiakwa! Look at Nigeria, in our entire squad, we have only 2 mentally tough as nails players. How an we win with that sh1t???!!!! :-x :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Got a much better insight on Boniface its crazy (but not surprising) to believe he was a midfielder before moving to Europe. Kid has really been through a lot mentally in such a short period of time, we just have to wish him the best in overcoming another injury setback
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 pm Got a much better insight on Boniface its crazy (but not surprising) to believe he was a midfielder before moving to Europe. Kid has really been through a lot mentally in such a short period of time, we just have to wish him the best in overcoming another injury setback
Thanks! I am watching it now. One thing I like that Boniface said about Xabi: "He wants to change my mentality; he wants me to be a fighter . . ."

Thank you Xabi! This is heaven for me. That is one of the most important part of the game, mentality! He admitted that before going to Leverkusen, he just loved to play football and enjoy himself, but Xabi wants that to change! He needs to be a "killer!" He needs to be a fighter! If he wants to enjoy himself, he should wait until he gets home and play video game! Go into every game and demand to win! Nothing less. :clap: :clap: If Xabi can make him a killer like Osimhen, we will be lucky to have two of them face any team in world football.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:48 am
Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 pm Got a much better insight on Boniface its crazy (but not surprising) to believe he was a midfielder before moving to Europe. Kid has really been through a lot mentally in such a short period of time, we just have to wish him the best in overcoming another injury setback
Thanks! I am watching it now. One thing I like that Boniface said about Xabi: "He wants to change my mentality; he wants me to be a fighter . . ."

Thank you Xabi! This is heaven for me. That is one of the most important part of the game, mentality! He admitted that before going to Leverkusen, he just loved to play football and enjoy himself, but Xabi wants that to change! He needs to be a "killer!" He needs to be a fighter! If he wants to enjoy himself, he should wait until he gets home and play video game! Go into every game and demand to win! Nothing less. :clap: :clap: If Xabi can make him a killer like Osimhen, we will be lucky to have two of them face any team in world football.
What you're describing is that Kobe Bryant mamba mentality. Yes, I would like to see all our players have it.

To be honest, I love Boniface but the guy strolls a lot in matches. I'm not sure Mourinho will let that slide. We saw what he did to Hazard and so many players when they fulfil their defensive duties.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

packerland wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:02 am

What you're describing is that Kobe Bryant mamba mentality. Yes, I would like to see all our players have it.

To be honest, I love Boniface but the guy strolls a lot in matches. I'm not sure Mourinho will let that slide. We saw what he did to Hazard and so many players when they fulfil their defensive duties.
You sure about that? In the Bundesliga, Boniface is among the top 3 in assists and goals. Infact many of his assists came through the midfield, meaning he often falls back to create these assists. That doesn't sound like a lazy player to me.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:19 am
packerland wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:02 am

You sure about that? In the Bundesliga, Boniface is among the top 3 in assists and goals. Infact many of his assists came through the midfield, meaning he often falls back to create these assists. That doesn't sound like a lazy player to me.

Falling back to pickup the ball when your team has the ball is different from when the opponent has the ball or when you’re dispossessed. Watch him closely. Other posters here on CE have noticed his effort when his team does t have the ball. See links below 👇

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=315019&p=5926484&hi ... e#p5926484

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=314970&p=5925470&hi ... e#p5925470

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=314939&p=5924423&hi ... e#p5924423

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=314527&p=5918018&hi ... e#p5918018
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:37 pm
Just listened to this. Might be the best one yet.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:47 pm
These podcast are lit
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 pm
These podcast are lit
Yes. I’m very impressed.

PS. Is this the first time you and I have agreed on anything on this forum? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:22 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 pm
These podcast are lit
Yes. I’m very impressed.

PS. Is this the first time you and I have agreed on anything on this forum? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
you know you've said the same thing on numerous occasion . :thumb:
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Another one! Kai such a good podcast, Eden is such a cool and funny guy, what a guy! What a podcast

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!