NPFL introduces U-17 youth League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
NPFL introduces U-17 youth League

Post by Sunset »

NPFL introduces U-19 youth league
https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/03/npfl-in ... %20develop.
Published on November 3, 2023 By Taiwo Adesanya

The Nigeria Premier Football League has concluded plans to introduce the U-19 youth league.

The teams will be divided into six zones across the country.

The announcement was made in a letter sent to all the NPFL clubs.

The youth league is aimed at nurturing young talent and providing a platform for them to develop.

DAILY POST recalls that the league already had an U15 tournament called the NPFL/Laliga U-15 Youth League.

Remo Stars Academy, Boys Beyond Limits, won the 2023 edition of the competition in May.
Last edited by Sunset on Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL introduces U-19 youth League

Post by jette1 »

Does the NPFL organize the women league as well or is there even one ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

jette1 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:26 am Does the NPFL organize the women league as well or is there even one ?
The organisers of the Women's league are the NWFL. This season (2023/24) kicks off next weekend.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:26 am Does the NPFL organize the women league as well or is there even one ?
Jette1

From your interest in the Falcons, I thought you already knew the answer. I am surprised.

In any case, yes the NPFL organizes a 2-tier for women's clubs across the country.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:41 pm
Jette1

From your interest in the Falcons, I thought you already knew the answer. I am surprised.

In any case, yes the NPFL organizes a 2-tier for women's clubs across the country.
I’ve said it that many of these folks only follow SFs and our female NTs when there’s a tournament or high-profile game…
The NPFL does NOT organize the female league. Rather, it is organized by the Nigeria Women Football League (the NWFL).

Furthermore, there’s actually 3 tiers of female ‘league’ football in Nigeria - the NWFL Premiership, NWFL Championship and NWFL Nationwide League (which, following the most recent NWFL AGA, is being reorganized as the States’ League).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:54 am

The Nigeria Premier Football League has concluded plans to introduce the U-19 youth league.

The youth league is aimed at nurturing young talent and providing a platform for them to develop.

DAILY POST recalls that the league already had an U15 tournament called the NPFL/Laliga U-15 Youth League.

Remo Stars Academy, Boys Beyond Limits, won the 2023 edition of the competition in May.
Finally! It was apparent that the half-hearted previous attempts to get clubs to start youth teams was not working. With a true league, it may force the clubs to get a bit serious. I also like the fact that zones are employed to try to deal with the ridiculous travel distancers in Nigeria and curb expenditure. I am hopeful, that the NFL forces the clubs to pay for these teams not allow them to simply reach some useless rental agreements with youth teams in their areas. ..... Hopefully, they can also force any club wishing to play at the NPFL level to have a women's team/affiliate as well. This may assist in funding the women's teams the way SAFA is approaching this issue in South Africa.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:20 am
Jette1

I’ve said it that many of these folks only follow SFs and our female NTs when there’s a tournament or high-profile game…
The NPFL does NOT organize the female league. Rather, it is organized by the Nigeria Women Football League (the NWFL).

Furthermore, there’s actually 3 tiers of female ‘league’ football in Nigeria - the NWFL Premiership, NWFL Championship and NWFL Nationwide League (which, following the most recent NWFL AGA, is being reorganized as the States’ League).
I was not even aware of the Nationwide level for women clubs. I had just followed the premiership and Championship....on the narrow focus on the NT by many, you are CORRECT. This is why many seem to think there are no talents beyond those playing professionally in Europe. It is a tunnel vision that has led to the belief that the 2nd and third choice goalies in Europe are the only ones available for Nigerian goalkeeping.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:52 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:54 am

Finally! It was apparent that the half-hearted previous attempts to get clubs to start youth teams was not working. With a true league, it may force the clubs to get a bit serious. I also like the fact that zones are employed to try to deal with the ridiculous travel distancers in Nigeria and curb expenditure. I am hopeful, that the NFL forces the clubs to pay for these teams not allow them to simply reach some useless rental agreements with youth teams in their areas. ..... Hopefully, they can also force any club wishing to play at the NPFL level to have a women's team/affiliate as well. This may assist in funding the women's teams the way SAFA is approaching this issue in South Africa.
DEVIL IN THE DETAILS, BUT...

...this is an E X C E L L E N T idea. If well managed, this could go a long way to identifying and grooming kids for the clubs and national assignment. I hope it would be stocked primarily with high school kids also eligible to play for their schools.

This and the U15 version consisting of elementary school children should plug all the holes from the youth to the senior levels. I can see kids motivated to get involved in hope of someday becoming pros. I hope they get the coaching, facilities, equipment and competitive environment they will need.

Interestingly, this was to be the third tier in the reforms I proposed for the domestic league - I called it the Municipal league, indicating their playing radius, and would be made up of capable aspiring high school kids. I wonder what role the NFF played to get this going but it should surely be a great feeder resource for their teams. Hopefully, the dividends will be evident in the not too distant future.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

LOBI STARS UNDER 17 TEAM THRASHES YOUNG STARS IN A FRIENDLY MATCH

Ahead of the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) Under 17 Zonal Playoff in Lafia, the Lobi Stars Under 17 team has intensified preparation by humiliating Young Stars FC of Yaiko 12-1 in their first friendly game played today Friday at McCarthy Stadium, Makurdi.

The Lobi Junior team came from a goal down and produced a superlative performance scoring 5 times to end the first half 5-1.

Returning from the break, the coach of the youth side Japhet Agaadi overhauled the first team and introduced new faces for the last stanza game.

The teenagers replicated the faith trusted in them by scoring seven goals without any response from the visitors as the tie ended 12-1 upon the final whistle.

Speaking shortly after the final whistle, Coach Agaadi expressed his happiness with the outing of his side, saying they are in the building process to get the best talents that would make Benue State proud at the zonal playoff coming up soon in Lafia. He said he has lined up good matches that would help the lads get good match fitness before the main activity.
Lobi Stars Media.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Youth teams of the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) would be arriving their designated centres for the zonal qualifiers from tomorrow, January 30 for kick-off on February 1.

Chairman of the NPFL Youth League Committee, Pastor Emeka Inyama disclosed that the start of the tournament will be preceded by the screening exercise on January 31 to ensure proper documentation of players.

The 20 NPFL Clubs have been zoned on regional basis for preliminary qualifying matches in five centres. The centres are Lafia for clubs in North Central, Kaduna will host clubs from the Nortgwest and Northeast, Ekiti is the centre for Southwest clubs while Enugu is host to Southeast clubs and Port Harcourt for South South clubs.

According to fixtures sighted by MPFL Media, matches at each centre will commence at 8am and concluded at noon.

In the words of Inyama, “we want to get it right at building a stronger NPFL through setting up a proper Youth League culture which is the future of elite leagues all over the world”.

He commended the Chairman of the NPFL, Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye and the Board members for the foresight in setting up Youth League and the support to his committee’s work.

“I can tell you that we are all set for the start of the Youth League season and are looking forward to a very healthy competition.

“It must be reiterated that participation is compulsory for all 20 NPFL Clubs as there would serious consequences for any club that fails to be part of this”, Inyama emphasised.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

With all the leagues in the country it makes no sense if your best team cannot beat Simba of Tanzania over 2 legs.
Some other forms of restructuring are needed.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL introduces U-17 youth League

Post by Sunset »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Robotnik wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:10 pm With all the leagues in the country it makes no sense if your best team cannot beat Simba of Tanzania over 2 legs.
Some other forms of restructuring are needed.
Huh?! :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Remo really sent their U15 side to this competition and they're doing pretty well
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:54 pm
Jette1

I was not even aware of the Nationwide level for women clubs. I had just followed the premiership and Championship....on the narrow focus on the NT by many, you are CORRECT. This is why many seem to think there are no talents beyond those playing professionally in Europe. It is a tunnel vision that has led to the belief that the 2nd and third choice goalies in Europe are the only ones available for Nigerian goalkeeping.
You never give up, Prof :rotf:

If the NT had followed your "tunnel vision" of home based talents treatises, we won't have Nwabali in SE now. While you your penchant has been that solutions are in Nigeria local scene, the people you accuse actually want the best Nigerian talent from anywhere available.

Unfortunately, the
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:54 pm
Jette1

You never give up, Prof :rotf:

If the NT had followed your "tunnel vision" of home based talents treatises, we won't have Nwabali in SE now. While you your penchant has been that solutions are in Nigeria local scene, the people you accuse actually want the best Nigerian talent from anywhere available.

Unfortunately, the talents you keep harping on in abstract, like some of these youth players need some specialized coaching to groom them. If they don't get them the Europe you love to loathe will do them for us and you'd keep writing abstracts.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:52 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:54 am ..
This is a very good initiative. I hope it has staying power and consistency over the long term.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anointed wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:46 pmYou never give up, Prof :rotf:

Dude…er…Nwabili made his SE debut in 2021 against Mexico as a HOME-BASED player with Katsina United…
What’s so difficult judging players as INDIVIDUALS, rather than the inferiority complex of insisting they must play with Oyibo?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:58 pm
anointed wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:46 pmYou never give up, Prof :rotf:

Dude…er…Nwabili made his SE debut in 2021 against Mexico as a HOME-BASED player with Katsina United…
What’s so difficult judging players as INDIVIDUALS, rather than the inferiority complex of insisting they must play with Oyibo?!
It's no news when Nwabali made his debut. I'm talking of now. Would he have made the AFCON team if Enugu II was given the prerogative of selecting the goalies? I doubt it cos the gentle Prof would just have selected home based goalies only.

And thanks for helping to make my point. Select the best INDIVIDUAL players regadless of where they play.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...