Who was at fault for that goal ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who was at fault for that goal ?

Post by vancity eagle »

Our defence (and keeper of course) just seems so fragile and easy to score on

Lesotho scored on us

Mozambique scored 2 despite being a man down

Saudi scored 2

This is just poor. You cannot give up goals so easily, even against poor sides, and expect to achieve anything.

WHO WAS AT FAULT DOR THAT GOAL ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who was at fault for that goal ?

Post by vancity eagle »

Did Uzoho have any part of the blame ? If so he should honestly be flogged and not even called up going forward. He is such a disgrace.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 pm Did Uzoho have any part of the blame ? If so he should honestly be flogged and not even called up going forward. He is such a disgrace.
Uzoho is rubbish, but he was the least of our problems today.

We really need to start worrying about that attack, these guys do so well at their clubs but stink up the joint in the SE, is it pressure or is there more to it? the chances Boniface and Awoniyi missed today make me really worried.

I don't even know if the likes of Orban and Akor will do any better honestly
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Poor marking by out defenders. Can't blame Uzoho.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

In all honesty, today's goal conceded by the SE was mainly due to poor defensive cover.
I wouldn't lay the blame on Uzoho. On the contrary, he made a couple of nice saves today, though he still has a lot to work on.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Uzoho wasn't at fault. The Lesotho player had a free header in the box. Poor marking/communication by the defenders on the corner.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Let’s just say a good keeper would have grabbed that ball in the air.
Last edited by Synopsis on Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:05 pm Let’s just sat a good keeper would have grabbed that ball in the air.
It was in his 6 yard I felt he should have contested for that ball.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 pm Our defence (and keeper of course) just seems so fragile and easy to score on

Lesotho scored on us

Mozambique scored 2 despite being a man down

Saudi scored 2

This is just poor. You cannot give up goals so easily, even against poor sides, and expect to achieve anything.

WHO WAS AT FAULT DOR THAT GOAL ?
...na Musa o!
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Keeper should have gone for the ball. He's tall but decided to flap like early Enyeama and Rufai.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:51 pm Poor marking by out defenders. Can't blame Uzoho.
KPOM. This had nothing to do with Uzoho.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

eyan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:52 pm Keeper should have gone for the ball. He's tall but decided to flap like early Enyeama and Rufai.
If him flap I for happy self maybe would have put off the striker. He was caught in 2 minds and stayed back
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

I lost interest in Nigeria football years ago, hardly follow our players and can hardly name seven starters. Gave up since we sacked Siasia years ago.
A country that fields Uzoho, Ajayi has no business at the World Cup. Iwobi is not a center midfielder and Onyeka although not good enough being a lone defensive midfielder what do you expect.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to some reports, Bassey lost his man for the Lesotho goal.
It seems our opponents don’t need many chances to score against us. Lesotho had 2 shots on target and one was a goal. This worrisome pattern has been going on for a while. A member of the forum predicted correctly that we were going to concede a goal despite our dominance
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:59 pm According to some reports, Bassey lost his man for the Lesotho goal.
It seems our opponents don’t need many chances to score against us. Lesotho had 2 shots on target and one was a goal. This worrisome pattern has been going on for a while. A member of the forum predicted correctly that we were going to concede a goal despite our dominance
Our defence/goalkeeper have been soft for a while. It is a long trend of giving up cheap goals despite possession dominance.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

soma wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:23 pm I lost interest in Nigeria football years ago, hardly follow our players and can hardly name seven starters. Gave up since we sacked Siasia years ago.
A country that fields Uzoho, Ajayi has no business at the World Cup. Iwobi is not a center midfielder and Onyeka although not good enough being a lone defensive midfielder what do you expect.
Kpom!! It's all clear as day if we peel away the emotions
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

IMO, the best Nigerian central defenders are Igoh Ogbu and Gabe Osho, and it’s ironic that they’re not involved with the SE and unlikely to be selected for AFCON
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:13 pm
eyan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:52 pm Keeper should have gone for the ball. He's tall but decided to flap like early Enyeama and Rufai.
If him flap I for happy self maybe would have put off the striker. He was caught in 2 minds and stayed back
That’s a lack of confidence.
Unless it was obvious he couldn’t get there, a self-assured keeper would have gone for it and diverted it if he couldn’t catch it.
That’s not to exonerate the defenders.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:43 am IMO, the best Nigerian central defenders are Igoh Ogbu and Gabe Osho, and it’s ironic that they’re not involved with the SE and unlikely to be selected for AFCON
Ogbu’s omission I can’t understand, but Osho is only just popping up on the radar and there will be many like me who would rather watch for now because he hasn’t stood out as far as I am concerned.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:52 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:43 am IMO, the best Nigerian central defenders are Igoh Ogbu and Gabe Osho, and it’s ironic that they’re not involved with the SE and unlikely to be selected for AFCON
Ogbu’s omission I can’t understand, but Osho is only just popping up on the radar and there will be many like me who would rather watch for now because he hasn’t stood out as far as I am concerned.
How else can Osho stand out after keeping Salah and Rashford quiet in successive matches?
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 am
How else can Osho stand out after keeping Salah and Rashford quiet in successive matches?
It takes more than two matches to fully assess a player. The same Luton has been chopping goals before their last two games.

This is how we start to call players world class after a couple of games. Boniface, Moffi, Orban are typical examples. Very average players who flatter to deceive.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:00 pm
It takes more than two matches to fully assess a player. The same Luton has been chopping goals before their last two games.

This is how we start to call players world class after a couple of games. Boniface, Moffi, Orban are typical examples. Very average players who flatter to deceive.
He was injured in the earlier part of the season and has only played in Luton’s last 3 matches and played the full 90 minutes in the last two matches. His presence has stabilised the Luton Town defence and he’s much better than Bassey, who plays in the same league
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:37 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:00 pm

He was injured in the earlier part of the season and has only played in Luton’s last 3 matches and played the full 90 minutes in the last two matches. His presence has stabilised the Luton Town defence and he’s much better than Bassey, who plays in the same league
...another thing is, these are players understand their team mates (at club level), at SE the players don't understand each other even when they pretend to.
2 or 3 days together doesn't gel a team, especially when they are foreign based looking to show off what they brought back from abroad to hungry folks at home.
Note, you saw how that local base goalie was snubbed at the training facility gate, if na a foreign based player no be siren and police go dey wail all the way in.