We are finished and a disgrace to Africa!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We are finished and a disgrace to Africa!

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:08 am Naija do well
General Rawlings! Na you be dat? How body?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:20 pm
Undertaker wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:55 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:49 pm NFF have to sack Peseiro before the AFCON, we're not winning a single game in that group so let's not waste our time
I don't even think we can get a draw in that group. All three teams will beat this yeye Eagles! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I understand your frustration which is very well placed, but I doubt you and all others are correct with your believes.
I hope I am wrong my brother. Let's see what they do tomorrow morning. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:02 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:49 pm NFF have to sack Peseiro before the AFCON, we're not winning a single game in that group so let's not waste our time
I don't even think we can get a draw in that group. All three teams will beat this yeye Eagles! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I understand your frustration which is very well placed, but I doubt you and all others are correct with your believes.
I hope I am wrong my brother. Let's see what they do tomorrow morning. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
You are definitely wrong but it’s understandable that you have to protect yourself and by trying to have zero expectations, that is how you are doing it.
But don’t be fooled.
Regardless of what you say or try and convince yourself to believe, you STILL have expectations and a desire.

You can’t really run away from your heart because, as the old song goes “the heart is not so smart”
:idea:
Try not to worry too much.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You are definitely wrong but it’s understandable that you have to protect yourself and by trying to have zero expectations, that is how you are doing it.
But don’t be fooled.
Regardless of what you say or try and convince yourself to believe, you STILL have expectations and a desire.

You can’t really run away from your heart because, as the old song goes “the heart is not so smart”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

But don’t be fooled.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

But don’t be fooled.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

But don’t be fooled.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:16 am
But don’t be fooled.

Chief Damunk, na wetin dey happon betwin your Computa and dis awa Site? E be like say the Site no wan let you post wetin you write or wan tok, so you com vex, com begin dey click the 'submit' bottin many-many taims :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Odas wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:53 am
But don’t be fooled.

Chief Damunk, na wetin dey happon betwin your Computa and dis awa Site? E be like say the Site no wan let you post wetin you write or wan tok, so you com vex, com begin dey click the 'submit' bottin many-many taims :lol: :lol:
His heart must have vex him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:13 pm
bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 pm Thunder fire Jeep Pajero and those useless players :curse: :curse:
The fat angel* will be gone by Sunday, time for an interim manager to suit up and take over
I hope not. That will mean that we lost to Zimbabwe. They won’t fire him if he wins on Sunday. I’ll rather lose all games at the AFCON than dropping these crucial WCQ matches. I have never been to a WC games before and I want to go to one that is being held in my backyard.
Last edited by packerland on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yeah! I also hope you are wrong; bro., but if in the end it turns out negative for us, then so be it.

Personally, I have learned to expect the worse and so, barely watch our games, live. Based on such, if we win, I will jubilate, but if we do poorly, my pain will not be massive, or depress me. That is how I cope these days, instead.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:27 pm Checkout how good teams take care of minor teams in Asia!

Japan vs Myanmar 5-0
South Korea vs Singapore 5-0
Qatar vs Afghanistan 8-1
UAE vs Nepal 4-0
Australia vs Bangladesh 7-0
Iraq vs Indonesia 5-1
Saudi Arabia vs Pakistan 4-0
Oman vs Taiwan 3-0
Iran vs Hong Kong 4-0
With all due respect.

Lesotho is better than all those teams.

CIV beat Seychelles 9-0 BUT REMIND ME AGAIN WHAT THAT SAME CIV DID AT HOME VS LESOTHO.

Oh yeah it was 1-0.

Lesotho drew CIV in the reverse fixture

Lesotho is much better than Seychelles, Djibouti, etc.

The Sao Tome that Tunisia beat 4-0 did we not beat them 10-0 and 6-0 ?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

But don’t be fooled.

You need to post this one more time! :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

Blame Kunle Soname for foisting Poseiro on us towards his own selfish end. Again and again.

Only thing Poseiro has going for him is that he is white.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

You guys don’t realize that our group is very dangerous. We historically struggle with Southern Africa team - they play fast one touch football with nimble naturally gifted skillful players. Our group has at least 3 team from that region. Goodbye to 2026 WC. Not with this group of player. Not happening.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:05 am
Bell wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:33 am NIGERIANS WANT TO CUT CORNERS TO GLORY

They hate to do the hard and dirty work. Instead of developing a stable of capable indigenous coaches, they seek the ready made foreign coach; instead of developing local talent, they're perfecting plans to snag foreign born players. The irony is that this approach will only delay the day Nigeria can start peforming reliably in tounaments.
Bell
Really?
Who does that? At what level?
‘Develop’ as in exactly how? Send them to school?
Which school?
In di abroad?
In Praccourt?

For anyone at the grassroots level that wants to ‘develop’ in coaching in Nigeria, there are places to go. I read somewhere that you can even access through JAMB.
https://fcaan.org/courses/
https://nis.gov.ng/department-of-coaching-and-training/
Then there are higher licensing programmes.

But beyond a certain level, you are on your own.
Wedda na Spanish government send Guardiola go school or na Queen Elizabeth send Southgate.

I THOUGHT WE HAD A DISCUSSION ON THIS NOT TOO LONG AGO

Really?
Yes, really. When as a country do you embrace self-reliance? For crying loud, Nigeria has been playing football over and over 60 years. Is it not time take on this responsibility instead of treating it like rocket science?

Those who have an official role in Nigerian soccer and others - Fed govt, NFF, Min of sports, Min of Educ. As discussed peviously, this can be assigned to a university.

Yep, send them to school for a program that includes mandatory classwork, seminars and internship.

Which school?
A designated Nigerian university (or, if in collaboration with other African countries, then institutions in those countries may be considered).

In di abroad?
See above.

In Praccourt?
See above.

Those in charge should understand that there mostly is no short cut to success. The sooner they start, the sooner they'll get there
Bell
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm You guys don’t realize that our group is very dangerous. We historically struggle with Southern Africa team - they play fast one touch football with nimble naturally gifted skillful players. Our group has at least 3 team from that region. Goodbye to 2026 WC. Not with this group of player. Not happening.
Kai! See how our standards are dropping. We got handed an easy group. Last WCQ we got handed a Ghana team that was at their lowest in the history of their football and we still couldn’t slay them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bell wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:42 am

They hate to do the hard and dirty work. Instead of developing a stable of capable indigenous coaches, they seek the ready made foreign coach; instead of developing local talent, they're perfecting plans to snag foreign born players. The irony is that this approach will only delay the day Nigeria can start peforming reliably in tounaments.
Bell
Really?
Which school?
In di abroad?
In Praccourt?

For anyone at the grassroots level that wants to ‘develop’ in coaching in Nigeria, there are places to go. I read somewhere that you can even access through JAMB.

Wedda na Spanish government send Guardiola go school or na Queen Elizabeth send Southgate.

Really?
Yes, really. When as a country do you embrace self-reliance? For crying loud, Nigeria has been playing football over and over 60 years. Is it not time take on this responsibility instead of treating it like rocket science?

Those who have an official role in Nigerian soccer and others - Fed govt, NFF, Min of sports, Min of Educ. As discussed peviously, this can be assigned to a university.

Yep, send them to school for a program that includes mandatory classwork, seminars and internship.

Which school?
A designated Nigerian university (or, if in collaboration with other African countries, then institutions in those countries may be considered).

In di abroad?
See above.

In Praccourt?
See above.

Those in charge should understand that there mostly is no short cut to success. The sooner they start, the sooner they'll get there
Bell
I, amongst others, have proposed the idea of a sports academy, perhaps housed in an already existing institution of higher learning, which caters to all levels of sports management🤔❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm You guys don’t realize that our group is very dangerous. We historically struggle with Southern Africa team - they play fast one touch football with nimble naturally gifted skillful players. Our group has at least 3 team from that region. Goodbye to 2026 WC. Not with this group of player. Not happening.
Not true. We have always bullied them. Its the North Africans and fellow west Africans that give us hell. This group is very easy. It is the useless coach and foolish players that are messing this thing up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:59 am
Not true. We have always bullied them. Its the North Africans and fellow west Africans that give us hell. This group is very easy. It is the useless coach and foolish players that are messing this thing up.
Exactly, Southern African teams have never been a problem for us until...under shitseiro and his team
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:21 pm
Rawlings wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:08 am Naija do well
General Rawlings! Na you be dat? How body?
His Royal Highness, Odas
How bodi?
Congratulate Naija for me. 2 games 0 defeat.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:57 am
Bell wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:42 am

Bell
Really?
Which school?
In di abroad?
In Praccourt?

Really?

Which school?

In di abroad?
See above.

In Praccourt?
See above.

Bell
I, amongst others, have proposed the idea of a sports academy, perhaps housed in an already existing institution of higher learning, which caters to all levels of sports management🤔❗️

Cheers.
THERE ARE MANY MODELS THAT CAN WORK

When self-confident people come together and say enough to this mentality of dependence, they can decide which one works best. The only one that doesn't work is the fire brigade approach of dashing to Europe to look for unaccomplished journeymen coaches. (Good thing Nigeria did not qualify for Qatar 22 - they'd have been the only African country with a foreign coach)
Bell
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Uzoho must be made to sit on the bench from now on.
It is time we started inviting the young lads plying overseas and Nigeria, and try them out. Let serious search begin now.