From a trusted NFF source

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
From a trusted NFF source

Post by Tobi17 »

I joined a Twitter space hosted by a key member of the NFF and here's the situation report on where they are regarding Pisseiro and here are the vital takeaways:

NFF currently don't have the money to pay off Pisseiro, but consultations with the Sports minister are ongoing on the next decision to be made which will be made public in a few days. So far as things stand, in the event Pisseiro sees out his contract per agreed upon in meeting the AFCON target set for him which is to reach the semi-final at the very least. Since his contract ends after January so we will have time with a new coach Post-AFCON to press the reset button after the angel* is gone.

The NFF will become more influential in the player selections for the AFCON and limit the power of Peseiro to pick his own squad, essentially NFF will pick the players for the AFCON based on popular demands (so lots of new players who haven't gotten their chance at international football will be called up), while some of the deadweights in this current team will be dropped. Pisseiro is more or less now a ceremonial manager who will just see out his contract with little or no coaching decisions till his contract ends in a few months. And from all indications a Nigerian coach (name wasn't stated) will be given control of this player selections and will play more influential roles from the touch line. Essentially Pisseiro will be relegated to the background, he will be seen but not noticed or acknowledged (if that makes sense) until his contract is up in a few months and then he will be let go.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: From a trusted NFF source

Post by 1naija »

This is much better....picking players by popular demand. Shey, you want Peseiro fired at all cost right? Enjoy the outcome.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse…
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

If he’s still coach, they should let him have full control. If he reaches the semifinal goal, who will get the credit? Would he get blamed if Nigeria performs poorly?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:11 pm This is much better....picking players by popular demand. Shey, you want Peseiro fired at all cost right? Enjoy the outcome.
Not a fan of picking players based on popular demand.

But pick players who are actively playing for their teams.

If you are a bench rider you should not be anywhere near the Naijarian Senior Men's National Team.

How hard is that?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:05 pm I joined a Twitter space hosted by a key member of the NFF and here's the situation report on where they are regarding Pisseiro and here are the vital takeaways:

NFF currently don't have the money to pay off Pisseiro, but consultations with the Sports minister are ongoing on the next decision to be made which will be made public in a few days. So far as things stand, in the event Pisseiro sees out his contract per agreed upon in meeting the AFCON target set for him which is to reach the semi-final at the very least. Since his contract ends after January so we will have time with a new coach Post-AFCON to press the reset button after the angel* is gone.

The NFF will become more influential in the player selections for the AFCON and limit the power of Peseiro to pick his own squad, essentially NFF will pick the players for the AFCON based on popular demands (so lots of new players who haven't gotten their chance at international football will be called up), while some of the deadweights in this current team will be dropped. Pisseiro is more or less now a ceremonial manager who will just see out his contract with little or no coaching decisions till his contract ends in a few months. And from all indications a Nigerian coach (name wasn't stated) will be given control of this player selections and will play more influential roles from the touch line. Essentially Pisseiro will be relegated to the background, he will be seen but not noticed or acknowledged (if that makes sense) until his contract is up in a few months and then he will be let go.
This makes no sense. Where does this kind of arrangement ever work? Africans!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:05 pm I joined a Twitter space hosted by a key member of the NFF and here's the situation report on where they are regarding Pisseiro and here are the vital takeaways:

That's not how football works.

If the coach fails, let him fail by his own hand. Somewhere in his contract, he has a target. If doesn't meet the target, he gets fired. By doing what you suggest, you're removing responsibility for any results from the coach. Not going to work. I can only assume that's just beer parlour gossip from people who don't understand how these contracts work.

The AFCON will be the key test for Peseiro. I really do hope they enshrined a Semi-Final target in his contract. If he fails to reach the SF, he should be fired.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:46 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:11 pm This is much better....picking players by popular demand. Shey, you want Peseiro fired at all cost right? Enjoy the outcome.

If you are a bench rider you should not be anywhere near the Naijarian Senior Men's National Team.

How hard is that?
The highlighted is the biggest BS that I have ever read. No one should be picking players based on popular demand or demand from fans. That is rubbish and a straight road to hell. Fans can criticize but the Manager must have 100% authority to pick his/her own team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:04 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:46 pm

How hard is that?
The highlighted is the biggest BS that I have ever read. No one should be picking players based on popular demand or demand from fans. That is rubbish and a straight road to hell. Fans can criticize but the Manager must have 100% authority to pick his/her own team.
It’s a uniquely Nigerian solution!😁😁
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Though alot can change in the coming weeks, cause the rumors of Pisseiro wanting to join Zamalek seems to be heating up.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

These are the type of people running our football ... :curse: :curse:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

NFF to pick players based on popular demand? LoL.
Expect to see Michael Uchebo, Michael Babatunde, Fegor Ogude and the likes soon.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

All I hope is that there are new midfielders and a new goalkeeper. If you give Peseiro a chance he will play 5 strikers.

Who is the best player in the NPFL?

There is so much wrong, no player from u23 or U20 can transition like aghahowa, ihenancho etc
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“Popular demand” :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:15 am “Popular demand” :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Doc,

you can laugh all you want (and trust me it's funny enough) but if popular demand means we see a much needed change especially in that midfield and the dropping of certain players not playing regularly at their championship level clubs, then I'm all for it. The fact that a professional coach in 2023 doesn't understand that playing 424 with 10 strikers and only 4 midfielders can't win you games in modern football deserves the intervention of popular demands.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is ridiculous!

Does anyone have direct contact to the NFF chairman? If Peseiro's contract ends on January 31 and he earns USD50k per month. That means the NFF has to pay him USD150k. If he is owed 3 months prior to November, that means, all in all, his contract can be bought out for USD300k.

I can give the NFF $100k for free + an additional interest bearing loan of $200k, at a low 0.5%/per month compound interest to be repaid over a 24 months period (and if we qualify for the world cup, the interest will increase to 1% per month compound). They can use this money to fire Peseiro.

Let me know if anyone knows the NFF chairman and if they are okay with my terms. I am ready and willing to get this done this week.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 am This is ridiculous!

Does anyone have direct contact to the NFF chairman? If Peseiro's contract ends on January 31 and he earns USD50k per month. That means the NFF has to pay him USD150k. If he is owed 3 months prior to November, that means, all in all, his contract can be bought out for USD300k.

I can give the NFF $100k for free + an additional interest bearing loan of $200k, at a low 0.5%/per month compound interest to be repaid over a 24 months period (and if we qualify for the world cup, the interest will increase to 1% per month compound). They can use this money to fire Peseiro.

Let me know if anyone knows the NFF chairman and if they are okay with my terms. I am ready and willing to get this done this week.
Make a thread on this and I'm sure some admins here with access to the NFF will extend your proposal to the right source. And I'm willing to support in my little way, anything to get this Johnny bravo looking clown out of my National team.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:03 am

Make a thread on this and I'm sure some admins here with access to the NFF will extend your proposal to the right source. And I'm willing to support in my little way, anything to get this Johnny bravo looking clown out of my National team.
Are you that naive? He’s talking about Zimbabwe $.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Lol @ Popular demand.

Sounds like Junk News to me.

No offense @Tobi17
Peter Obi For President 2023
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Peseiro has not been paid in well over a year.

The shameless NFF owe him close to $1M but the guy has been working. The story is that it was the Sports ministry that said they will pay for a new coach, after they fired Rohr and Eguavoen failed in the two deliverables - AFCON and WC. But of course, that was when the angel* Dare was Minister. Now, with the new government, the purse strings have been tightened and the new Minister is not about to be burdened by the decision of his stupid predecessor.
The NFF confirmed they have no money and are waiting for the Sports Ministry to release funds to pay the man. Yet the man has been quiet and refused to discuss his salary wahala in public. He even took a paycut (from $70k to $50k per month) without complaint.

If he is fired now, Nigeria will pay through their nostrils to settle the man. All that talk of the NFF picking the AFCON team is a whole load of BS! Peseiro will be picking his team for AFCON, unless the NFF are ready to be sued and dragged in mud (his contract states he will be picking his team and anything else will be a breach of contract on the part of the NFF).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:03 am

I cant unsee this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is complicated. See below.
Otitokoro wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:39 am Peseiro has not been paid in well over a year.

The shameless NFF owe him close to $1M but the guy has been working. The story is that it was the Sports ministry that said they will pay for a new coach, after they fired Rohr and Eguavoen failed in the two deliverables - AFCON and WC. But of course, that was when the angel* Dare was Minister. Now, with the new government, the purse strings have been tightened and the new Minister is not about to be burdened by the decision of his stupid predecessor.
The NFF confirmed they have no money and are waiting for the Sports Ministry to release funds to pay the man. Yet the man has been quiet and refused to discuss his salary wahala in public. He even took a paycut (from $70k to $50k per month) without complaint.
There is a school of thought in business - and it never fails. In fact, after an M&A or PE deal is completed, the buyers usually hire a Post-deal integration team, which analyzes the business. One thing that never fails, especially African businesses, when people arent paid their salaries and they remain in the job (they refused to leave). Those people are ALWAYS stealing or committing fraud! There is absolutely no person who will stay in a job for 1 year, without pay, and not be stealing or making money under the table. How is he feeding himself and his family??
If he is fired now, Nigeria will pay through their nostrils to settle the man. All that talk of the NFF picking the AFCON team is a whole load of BS! Peseiro will be picking his team for AFCON, unless the NFF are ready to be sued and dragged in mud (his contract states he will be picking his team and anything else will be a breach of contract on the part of the NFF).
This doesn't make much sense to me. So, if we fire him now, we will have to pay him? You do realize that whenever he leaves (whether we fire him or he quits or whatever) we are still gonna pay him? right? So we eighter pay him his $1m now or we pay him 1 point something in the next few months. Which do you prefer?

Additionally, we dont have to pay him entirely now. Thats why they have negotiations, we can pay him over a period of time.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

These are the people running our football. Power drunk dweebs. What arrant nonsense. If you keep him on the job you better let him be!!!