The Club from the North sitting at the top of the NPFL table - DOMA United (Privately owned)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Club from the North sitting at the top of the NPFL table - DOMA United (Privately owned)

Post by Sunset »

They were one of the biggest surprises in their debut NPFL season where they narrowly missed out on a spot in the Playoffs and have taken it a step further this season with their current exploits.

As they boast one of the toughest defences in the league not to mention recording the highest away victory margin (0-3) against neighbours Gombe UTD in the derby.

Founded in 1994 which makes make them the oldest running Privately owned NPFL side so far which makes it clear that this is a long-term project rather that those overnight successes that won't make it past a decade. And their fan turnout is probably only second to Kano Pillars

Their website isn't too bad same with their social media presence
https://domaunitedfc.com

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Club from the North sitting at the top of the NPFL table - DOMA United (Privately owned)

Post by jette1 »

what is the PLO flag doing up there in crowd
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Club from the North sitting at the top of the NPFL table - DOMA United (Privately owned)

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:20 pm They were one of the biggest surprises in their debut NPFL season where they narrowly missed out on a spot in the Playoffs and have taken it a step further this season with their current exploits.

As they boast one of the toughest defences in the league not to mention recording the highest away victory margin (0-3) against neighbours Gombe UTD in the derby.

Founded in 1994 which makes make them the oldest running Privately owned NPFL side so far which makes it clear that this is a long-term project rather that those overnight successes that won't make it past a decade. And their fan turnout is probably only second to Kano Pillars

Their website isn't too bad same with their social media presence
https://domaunitedfc.com

Sunset

Slowly but surely, Nigeria is getting there. I wish I will live to see when NPFL is majority private clubs. How I wish these state owned clubs can go into oblivion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Great news.
I wish them all the best.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

They are doing well but this season's title belongs to Shooting Stars of Africa! 8-)
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Doma Utd goalkeeper Kingdom Osayi is very good. I dont understand why he isnt in the mix of Goalkeepers.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:46 pm Doma Utd goalkeeper Kingdom Osayi is very good. I dont understand why he isnt in the mix of Goalkeepers.
Not just him, there are so many good goalkeepers in the NPF. I don't know why NFF and Peserio prefer Uzoho who's not even the best goalkeeper we have playing outside Nigeria.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:05 pm
bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:46 pm Doma Utd goalkeeper Kingdom Osayi is very good. I dont understand why he isnt in the mix of Goalkeepers.
Not just him, there are so many good goalkeepers in the NPF. I don't know why NFF and Peserio prefer Uzoho who's not even the best goalkeeper we have playing outside Nigeria.
Ive been watching clips of Doma Utd I think the guy might even be better than Obasogie and Nwoke. Truly Pasero is a lazy bum. Overseas the likes of Okonkwo, Nwabali, Rasheed, Ejeheri and Apkan Udoh are ahead of Uzoho yet non of them are even in the mix.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

jette1 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:53 pm what is the PLO flag doing up there in crowd
Is that all you can find in the crowd? You just can't hide your prejudice.
Would you have wondered if that was an Israeli flag on display?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think the Remo Stars GK bankole got potential. They should bring him in as a camp body to learn from national team coaches.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Club from the North sitting at the top of the NPFL table - DOMA United (Privately owne

Post by ohenhen1 »

Also the insurance and Doma GK is good. We have good goalkeepers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Well done to them. The current defending champion is publicly owned
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

He definitely has a lot of potential.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lets pray this trend continues with the private clubs heading the table.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

joao wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:25 pm
jette1 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:53 pm what is the PLO flag doing up there in crowd
Is that all you can find in the crowd? You just can't hide your prejudice.
Would you have wondered if that was an Israeli flag on display?
the irony of it all.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

See what getting a point away vs Remo Stars (who have Top goal scorer & Leading assist provider) means to coach Akinade Onigbinde 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿 :rotf: