Throw back Thursday : Argentina vs. Nigeria | Intercontinental Cup 1995

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Throw back Thursday : Argentina vs. Nigeria | Intercontinental Cup 1995

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:38 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:43 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:32 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:24 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:00 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:57 pm Chei….I thought I’d watch just a few minutes but I ended watching the whole game. I really shouldn’t have watched this game because it just makes me sad about where we are right now. :cry:

Few observations

1, Was this team really as bad defensively as commentators always pointed out or was the defense better under Amodu?
2, One of the greatest Injustices in NFF history was never giving Amodu a chance to go to the WC.
3, Rufai was a very good keeper in his prime, the only top goalies we’ve had since then are Vince, Ike and perhaps Ejide. Look where we are now in that dept. SAD!
4, JJ’s game matured a lot over the years but the guy killed birds for decades.
5, Imagine if we had a player like Amokachi playing behind Osihmen.
6, See MF. Look at how Amunike and Siasia supported the MF and attack effortlessly. Lookman and Chukwueze should watch this game 20 times and receive 2 lashes of koboko for every cap they have for SE.
7, Gentle giant Uche is one of our most underrated defenders ever, his calmness and composure were top notch.
8, When did playing from the back become a problem for SE?
9, our players don’t have to play a the Top 5 league to have a good team.
10, Who cursed Nigerian football? Did we owe a player or coach long ago that took our matter to the village?
The thing we did twice towards Amodu.. still dey ontop our head

The commentator was clueless, he had no clue about the SE of 94 .. he later hushed as the game went on..Now for AMokachi, i was wondering if we can deploy Boniface like that..that team had power

Nff needs to call his family and settle them nicely, Keshi’s family too. Amodu died broke, he was never allowed to reap the fruits of his labor for SE. Income from 2 world cups would have made a difference to his family. And, they even owed him at the time he died. Eagles have not really flown since they both died, na 1 wahala after another.

Boniface doesn’t have the work rate of Amokachi, the guy rarely makes it to the center circle. Amo style of play is 70% heart and 30% skill. Do we have a forward that built like a tank, runs all day, supports MF, defense and scores goals? I can’t think of any.

look at the hustle by the SE, even though we lost this game..chei...
Is that the same Senegal that made it to the WC quarter finals? Nff sacked Amodu, dismantled his team and handed his WC ticket to another coach.
The Sports Minister dismantled the team because he claimed Oliseh was rude to him during the 2002 AFCON. The NFF sheepishly allowed it to happen
The sad thing , the sports minister died not too long after . Was it in a plane crash or so?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:57 pm Chei….I thought I’d watch just a few minutes but I ended watching the whole game. I really shouldn’t have watched this game because it just makes me sad about where we are right now. :cry:

Few observations

1, Was this team really as bad defensively as commentators always pointed out or was the defense better under Amodu?
2, One of the greatest Injustices in NFF history was never giving Amodu a chance to go to the WC.
3, Rufai was a very good keeper in his prime, the only top goalies we’ve had since then are Vince, Ike and perhaps Ejide. Look where we are now in that dept. SAD!
6, See MF. Look at how Amunike and Siasia supported the MF and attack effortlessly. Lookman and Chukwueze should watch this game 20 times and receive 2 lashes of koboko for every cap they have for SE.
7, Gentle giant Uche is one of our most underrated defenders ever, his calmness and composure were top notch.
10, Who cursed Nigerian football? Did we owe a player or coach long ago that took our matter to the village?
Nothing more to add
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Few observations

Tell this to the likes of Damunk who think having Big Five and Big This and That defines best Nigerian team. 😆 🤣 😂 Our current team is just a sham when you compare it to that era.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Few observations

...no una owe your FA chiefs of the past and present serious punishment.
They are ruining Nigeria football, but because of money they make and throw around, glutenous Nigerians look the other way.
Their corrupt practices and tendencies do trickle down to the aforementioned, players and coaches.