Randy Waldrum: Could American stay on as boss of Nigeria women?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Randy Waldrum: Could American stay on as boss of Nigeria women?

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:55 pmDon't mind these comedians :lol: . Waldrum’s team just won the "Best National Team Of The Year (Women)" few minutes ago.
Shame there wasn’t a “National Team COACH of the Year (Women)” Award…oh, wait! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Or that Team of the Year refers to the TEAM and performances in all of 2023, including those under Madugu. Real comedy!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I go call am like I see am. The main advantage the Americans have over Nigeria is the amount of money they invest in the women game. Nigeria is a sleeping giant. We don't need Waldrum. What we need is investment in the game. Have a viable league. Organize several friendlies for the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:54 am
iworo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:55 pmDon't mind these comedians :lol: . Waldrum’s team just won the "Best National Team Of The Year (Women)" few minutes ago.
Shame there wasn’t a “National Team COACH of the Year (Women)” Award…oh, wait! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Or that Team of the Year refers to the TEAM and performances in all of 2023, including those under Madugu. Real comedy!
Don’t get your response. The south African coach won the award. They weren’t going to give it to someone who is not African.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

packerland wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:27 am

Don’t get your response. The south African coach won the award. They weren’t going to give it to someone who is not African.
Don’t mind him. He’s too smart by half :winking:.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:17 am
packerland wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:27 am

Or that Team of the Year refers to the TEAM and performances in all of 2023, including those under Madugu. Real comedy
Don’t mind him. He’s too smart by half :winking:.
Cultists comedy!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It’s NOT “African-Born Coach of the Year”! Harve Renard won CAF Coach of the Year THREE TIMES!!

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:08 am I go call am like I see am. The main advantage the Americans have over Nigeria is the amount of money they invest in the women game. Nigeria is a sleeping giant. We don't need Waldrum. What we need is investment in the game. Have a viable league. Organize several friendlies for the team.
So how, or what, do you call the NFF paying the Falcons 2/3 of their WC prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld? Robbing Peter to pay Paul?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Thunder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:02 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:08 am I go call am like I see am. The main advantage the Americans have over Nigeria is the amount of money they invest in the women game. Nigeria is a sleeping giant. We don't need Waldrum. What we need is investment in the game. Have a viable league. Organize several friendlies for the team.
So how, or what, do you call the NFF paying the Falcons 2/3 of their WC prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld? Robbing Peter to pay Paul?
I heard FIFA paid the players directly. The issue was over the extra bonuses the NFF normally pay. The English women also had the same issues with their FA. Let look at the facts. All this talk about the return of Waldrum is like you putting lipstick on a pig expecting the pig to win miss Universe. We know the solution to our problems. WOWO is childish.

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:15 pm
I heard FIFA paid the players directly. The issue was over the extra bonuses the NFF normally pay. The English women also had the same issues with their FA. Let look at the facts. All this talk about the return of Waldrum is like you putting lipstick on a pig expecting the pig to win miss Universe. We know the solution to our problems. WOWO is childish.
You heard wrong. FIFA changed its stance, and the prize money was funneled to the players thru their FAs. The Glass House has only paid the each of the ladies $40,000 of the promised $60,000 prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld. The NFF needs to come clean, and be transparent.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:15 pm
You heard wrong. FIFA changed its stance, and the prize money was funneled to the players thru their FAs. The Glass House has only paid the each of the ladies $40,000 of the promised $60,000 prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld. The NFF needs to come clean, and be transparent.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I heard and saw. one of the FIFA exec from Africa go into the Falcons locker room after the Australia win and clearly say FIFA will pay them directly.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:01 am I heard and saw. one of the FIFA exec from Africa go into the Falcons locker room after the Australia win and clearly say FIFA will pay them directly.
You need to stop doubling down when you’re so obviously wrong. It makes you look foolish🤔❗️

Cheers.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:01 am I heard and saw. one of the FIFA exec from Africa go into the Falcons locker room after the Australia win and clearly say FIFA will pay them directly.
https://www.thecable.ng/wwc-fifa-didnt- ... -clarifies

https://www.africanews.com/amp/2023/07/ ... derations/

Women's World Cup player payments will be distributed by federations

By Rédaction Africanews and Agencies
Last updated: 19/07/2023

FIFA President Gianni Infantino said that he plans to engage with member federations to make sure that the $30,000 payments designated for every player at the Women's World Cup reach the athletes.

Speaking at a news conference on Wednesday ahead of the tournament's opening match between hosts New Zealand and Norway on Thursday, Infantino said there are complications including residency and taxation that are best handled by federations.

Infantino said that the Women's World Cup is expected to generate a half-billion in revenue — despite the prize money boost — and the organization will break even. For the first time, the commercial rights for the Women's World Cup were sold separately from the men's tournament.

"I think we have been taking some groundbreaking moves here and decisions and is by far not yet the end of the story. We are looking to work together with the associations and the players to have a smooth World Cup in this respect as well. And then as of the 21st of August, we will start to focus on the future as well, and on this matter as well. And again, also this is a path also this is a is a journey. And as part of the agreement that we have been able to reach in Europe with the European countries, with the European Broadcasting Union, for example, I want to take this just as an example, but it's something that will accompany us globally as part of the agreement. We have added a very significant element on the promotion of the women's game. We want to see all over the world, at least, I don't know, one hour a week of women's football streamed in the main broadcasters. Because that's the only way you can promote the game."

The payments will go to the individual federations, which are in turn expected to pay the players — but there is no mechanism to directly pay the players the sum, which could be life-changing for some.

FIFA had previously confirmed that the 732 players participating in the World Cup will be paid at least $30,000 each. The paycheck rises if teams do well, with each player for the winning team earning $270,000.

The $30,000 payment is a significant payday for many players: The average annual salary worldwide for women who play professionally is $14,000.

FIFA’s agreement means that half of the total World Cup prize money fund of $110 million will be paid to the players in the 32 teams. The prize pool is more than three times the $30 million prize fund FIFA paid out at the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France.

The players’ union, known as FIFPRO, helped push for FIFA to dedicate a percentage of the prize money to the players themselves. The union sent a letter to FIFA in October on behalf of players from 25 national teams calling for more equitable conditions and prize money.

The prize money fund is still far below the $440 million paid to the men who played in the World Cup last year in Qatar. Infantino said the goal is to equalize the prize money by the 2026 men's World Cup and the 2027 women's edition.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Ohen, you heard wrong & you saw nothing. The NFF needs to pay the ladies their full prize money, and , or explain the $20,000 withheld from each player.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:34 pm
Ohen, you heard wrong & you saw nothing. The NFF needs to pay the ladies their full prize money, and , or explain the $20,000 withheld from each player.

Like the article you posted said. The plan was to pay the players directly and I heard what they told the Falcons in the Locker room. I don’t know if the NFF is owing the players or not. If they are FIFA need to step in. But that is actually part of the problem. The lack of investment or incentive for the players. We don’t need Waldrum.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 amYou heard wrong. FIFA changed its stance, and the prize money was funneled to the players thru their FAs. The Glass House has only paid the each of the ladies $40,000 of the promised $60,000 prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld. The NFF needs to come clean, and be transparent.
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:34 pmOhen, you heard wrong & you saw nothing. The NFF needs to pay the ladies their full prize money, and , or explain the $20,000 withheld from each player.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:46 pmYou need to stop doubling down when you’re so obviously wrong. It makes you look foolish🤔❗️
Abegi, enough witn the beer parlor rumor mongering… :D

The WWC appearance bonuses were subject to 32.5% Australian Tax, deducted at SOURCE, for ALL teams that played in Australia (as opposed to the teams that played in New Zealand). That deduction at SOURCE was part of the agreement between FIFA and the Australian government in respect of the hosting rights. In fact, some teams (such as South Africa) would likely be subjected to their own national taxation in addition to the withheld Australian tax.

The Falcons’ Uchenna Kanu is even quoted in this UK Guardian article about the Australian tax deductions.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... match-fees
https://theathletic.com/5117702/2023/12 ... australia/
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:52 am
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 amYou heard wrong. FIFA changed its stance, and the prize money was funneled to the players thru their FAs. The Glass House has only paid the each of the ladies $40,000 of the promised $60,000 prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld. The NFF needs to come clean, and be transparent.
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:34 pmOhen, you heard wrong & you saw nothing. The NFF needs to pay the ladies their full prize money, and , or explain the $20,000 withheld from each player.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:46 pmYou need to stop doubling down when you’re so obviously wrong. It makes you look foolish🤔❗️

The WWC appearance bonuses were subject to 32.5% Australian Tax, deducted at SOURCE, for ALL teams that played in Australia (as opposed to the teams that played in New Zealand). That deduction at SOURCE was part of the agreement between FIFA and the Australian government in respect of the hosting rights. In fact, some teams (such as South Africa) would likely be subjected to their own national taxation in addition to the withheld Australian tax.

The Falcons’ Uchenna Kanu is even quoted in this UK Guardian article about the Australian tax deductions.
Thanks Gotti. Just heard some FAs pay the taxes for their players. Nuff respekt, bro!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:19 am

Thanks Gotti. Just heard some FAs pay the taxes for their players. Nuff respekt, bro!!!
No problem bro.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Perpetually sleeping, abi na coma?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Do we read any meaning into Waldrum’s “May God bless you all and looking forward to seeing you all soon”.?

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You saw the sign on the wall behind him and what it says
Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:56 pm Do we read any meaning into Waldrum’s “May God bless you all and looking forward to seeing you all soon”.?

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:02 pm You saw the sign on the wall behind him and what it says
Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:56 pm Do we read any meaning into Waldrum’s “May God bless you all and looking forward to seeing you all soon”.?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Wow. Didn’t see that!
Well spotted! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

You are talking out of context. The issue is wether FIFA made the payments directly to the players or through their respective FAs. Obviously ohenhen1 was wrong on that score so, I don’t know what you mean by “beer parlor rumor mongering”.

Now, if there was a tax issue that prevented the girls from getting the full bonuses promised then FIFA and the NFF should have been transparent about it by offering a timely explanation🤔❗️

Cheers.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

The minute we get some confirmation that he's staying on as coach, then I go buy ticket go Paris Olympics. Anybody else in charge will be the same old poor tactics, sent packing early due to poor performance etc. Not worth flying across the Atlantic for.