LOL @ Amunike - I am not surprised

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
LOL @ Amunike - I am not surprised

Post by danfo driver »

And this one wants to be SE coach? Shameless man! Like I said, Nigerians have this thing in them. And we all saw it during the Balon D'or, including on CE. So this doesn't surprise me. Their hatred for their fellow citizen and the "if its not me, then I dont want it to be you," never surprises. And as we all know and found out during the Balon D'or, they have this shameless belief that "if I am against my own, people will think I am an intellectual, I can be dispassionate and I am very straightforward." No, you are unintelligent, shameless and do not understand how the world works.

Just like the story of the boy whose father is the coach. . . it never fails!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: LOL @ Amunike - I am not surprised

Post by naijaguy »

Amuneke is a disgrace. Big one.
On what grounds is Salah anywhere close to being the best player last season?

Watch him come out later to say he was only being sarcastic.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I know his kind. Big disgrace. People like him want to prove silliness -- "Oh! I can be impartial, look at me! look at me!" :roll:
If it was Balon D'or, where there was another better performer, I can understand. But what did Salah do? Salah that his club couldnt even qualify for CL??? Anyway, Amuneke is a well known Agbado supporter, so it all makes sense. :oops: :oops:

He will never coach the SE again.
naijaguy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:07 am Amuneke is a disgrace. Big one.
On what grounds is Salah anywhere close to being the best player last season?

Watch him come out later to say he was only being sarcastic.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Unfair editing!

Your conclusion is useless without us listening to the question!

Suppose he was asked "who do you think will win?'

versus

"Who do you think should win?"

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:02 am And this one wants to be SE coach? Shameless man! Like I said, Nigerians have this thing in them. And we all saw it during the Balon D'or, including on CE. So this doesn't surprise me. Their hatred for their fellow citizen and the "if its not me, then I dont want it to be you," never surprises. And as we all know and found out during the Balon D'or, they have this shameless belief that "if I am against my own, people will think I am an intellectual, I can be dispassionate and I am very straightforward." No, you are unintelligent, shameless and do not understand how the world works.

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I dont follow the emotional response to what Amunike said
That's his choice and it shouldnt be criticized from a "jealousy" or "snubbing his own" standpoint
I dont agree with him but I wont analyse it further than that because none of us know what his mindset is
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

akamoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:19 am I dont follow the emotional response to what Amunike said
That's his choice and it shouldnt be criticized from a "jealousy" or "snubbing his own" standpoint
I dont agree with him but I wont analyse it further than that because none of us know what his mindset is
His mindset is the same mindset that most Nigerians have - and the same mindset that a lot of Nigerians who refused to vote for Victor for Balon D'Or and the ones here on CE have, as well. I know their kind. Like I said during the Balon D'Or, the story of the boy whose father is the coach never fails. There are people in this world who are so fragile within that they need the world to see them in a certain light - "oh! Look at me, I can be impartial." Its not just a football thing. Many people are like that! They take a very hardline against their own children and maltreat people close to them, just to prove to others that "I am different." :oops:

Anyway, when Osimhen stepped on the podium, who was the first person he thanked? Amunike! You could see how embarrassed Amunike looked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Even looking at his face when he said "Salah," it was like "Yes, I said it, beat me!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Go and give the award to Salah nah! With his head like saucer! :roll:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

There is a separate video where Amunike said he wanted Osimhen to win. I watched that one live and there was no funny editing there.

Cmoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:47 am Unfair editing!

versus

[quote="danfo driver" post_id=<chrome_annotation data-index="2" data-data="75d158c3-7429-44f7-8de2-93f231de202f" data-annotation="5929684" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">5929684</chrome_annotation> time=<chrome_annotation data-index="3" data-data="9e299e49-4baa-4e81-bf1b-fe16a6cddd57" data-annotation="1702335734" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">1702335734</chrome_annotation> user_id=152902]
And this one wants to be SE coach? Shameless man! Like I said, Nigerians have this thing in them. And we all saw it during the Balon D'or, including on CE. So this doesn't surprise me. Their hatred for their fellow citizen and the "if its not me, then I dont want it to be you," never surprises. And as we all know and found out during the Balon D'or, they have this shameless belief that "if I am against my own, people will think I am an intellectual, I can be dispassionate and I am very straightforward." No, you are unintelligent, shameless and do not understand how the world works.

[/quote]
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Danfo,

I really do not believe that Amuneke has any hatred of Victor. What you are asking him to do is be partisan. He chose not to be in this case but to make a neutral evaluation and one that is partial to performance in Africa or for an African team. I definitely support a similar position and have done so for years. You remember when Sam Kuffour nearly won the AFOY, finishing second without either playing for Ghana or a Ghanaian club!! That is the problem with focusing on production for an European team.

I am, and I believe Amuneke is, definitely happy for Osimhen winning and you make a good point on his performance for Nigeria in the qualifiers. That definitely reflects a key point. However, you have to compare that to Morocco being the first African team to get to the semis of the World Cup. That is a historical feat. Now, one may argue that in spite of that feat, the team did not have one star that reflected that or led that charge. It was a strictly team effort. Then in Salah's case, he clearly was the leader of that Egyptian team and he was dominant at the AFCON. I believe the only thing that may have hurt his case is that Egypt did not win the AFCON and Senegal's Sane was really, performance-wise, not at a similar level this year. But performance at AFCON finals surely trumps what Victor did at the qualifying stages.

In any case, all that is water that has passed under the bridge and I am elated that Victlor won and I bet Amuneke is likely highly elated. Victor gave him props at the event as he should. I do not think any malice was intended, at all, by Amuneke. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Here is the vid where Amunike openly supported Osimhen even going as far as saying "Osimhen was developed under me"
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

versus

you should read the caption:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:57 am Here is the vid where Amunike openly supported Osimhen even going as far as saying "Osimhen was developed under me"

But when it was time to say it in front of other legends, he chose Salah, abi? :rotf: :rotf:

"Osimhen was developed by me." Talk about arrogance and thievery! You want to take glory when you chose someone else?

Shebi he wants to be SE coach? We are here waiting for him. He will never touch that seat again!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:35 am Danfo,

I really do not believe that Amuneke has any hatred of Victor. What you are asking him to do is be partisan.
CAF said Osimhen was the BEST African footballer this year! How is that partizan? CAF has ruled who the best was and everyone knows who the FACTUAL best was. Hell! Even Algerian refused to show up and said they wont because "Salah and Hakimi" was chosen ahead of Mahrez. Algeria didnt mention Osimhen, because even Algeria knows who the best was :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not asked AMuneke to be partisan, I have simply asked him not to treat Osimhen like "the boy whose father is the coach."

He chose not to be in this case but to make a neutral evaluation and one that is partial to performance in Africa or for an African team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Osimhen scored 10 goals in AFCON qualifier, Salah scored 2. HIGHEST GOALSCORER IN THE AFCON QUALIFIER! Tell me more about performance in Africa or an African team. Afterall, AFCON qualifier is in Europe and Nigeria is a Bangladeshi team :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:35 am you have to compare that to Morocco being the first African team to get to the semis of the World Cup. That is a historical feat.

Did Morocco win Team of the Year or Not? Did you want Morocco to be name AFOY?
Then in Salah's case, he clearly was the leader of that Egyptian team and he was dominant at the AFCON. I believe the only thing that may have hurt his case is that Egypt did not win the AFCON and Senegal's Sane was really, performance-wise, not at a similar level this year. But performance at AFCON finals surely trumps what Victor did at the qualifying stages.
I am so confused. Are you joking with this??????!! The AFCON you are referring to was in January - February 2022. Why are you so determined to use 2022 to judge 2023? What is going on here??? The AFCON you are speaking about was in 2022 Sane led his team to that AFCON and CAF gave Sane the AFOY for that -- Salah lost out!

I am so sorry, but someone needs to explain this to me. You are literally going to tell me that your reason for thinking Salah performed better than Victor is that Salah "performed at the AFCON" last year??? A period that CAF does NOT look at for the 2023 awards? :rotf: I have gotta be dreaming! :lol:

Uncle, this is actually weird and its giving a lot of "Let me prove so hard that I am impartial, so I am going to screw over the person who is close to me and give the award to someone else who did not perform this year-- but hey! He performed last year." :lol: :lol:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

U so gullible!
U fell for sensational caption and clickbait!
You no even ask why they edited out the question?

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:59 am

versus

you should read the caption:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Give Amuneke his due credit, bro!
I guess Osimhen was a Chelsea U-17 star player when Amuneke selected him for the world cup

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 am
niyi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:57 am Here is the vid where Amunike openly supported Osimhen even going as far as saying "Osimhen was developed under me"

But when it was time to say it in front of other legends, he chose Salah, abi? :rotf: :rotf:

"Osimhen was developed by me." Talk about arrogance and thievery! You want to take glory when you chose someone else?

Shebi he wants to be SE coach? We are here waiting for him. He will never touch that seat again!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cmoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:00 am U so gullible!
U fell for sensational caption and clickbait!
You no even ask why they edited out the question?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even when the person (the organization) that asked the question, writes out the question, you refuse to accept it. Yea, i cant help you here :lol: :lol:

I dont need to ask why the question was edited out, because I know what marketing/promotional videos look like. That is CAF - an official body - marketing their event. So, they ask a question, get a bunch of people to respond and then create a "collage" of the responses. Then they post it on social media and then write out the question. Uncle I know sey you be baby boomer, so you arent used to tik tok, instagram or all these Gen Z things, but thats how you prepare and post a marketing/promotional video. You dont do 1970 style of having a newscaster show up and say " My name is Frank Olize, I am here with 30 African legends. I am going to ask them one by one who they want to win the APOY. Okay, here we are with Emmanuel Amuneke. Good evening Sir! How are you? So, who . . ." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is social media age bro! its people will not even watch that video passed 10 seconds. :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

he doesnt need my credit. After all, he already took the credit for himself :lol: And Osimehn gave him the credit from the podium.
Cmoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:04 am Give Amuneke his due credit, bro!
I guess Osimhen was a Chelsea U-17 star player when Amuneke selected him for the world cup

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:01 am

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Danfo Driver, why are you so emotional?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:28 am
akamoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:19 am I dont follow the emotional response to what Amunike said
His mindset is the same mindset that most Nigerians have - and the same mindset that a lot of Nigerians who refused to vote for Victor for Balon D'Or and the ones here on CE have, as well. I know their kind. Like I said during the Balon D'Or, the story of the boy whose father is the coach never fails. There are people in this world who are so fragile within that they need the world to see them in a certain light - "oh! Look at me, I can be impartial." It’s not just a football thing. Many people are like that! They take a very hardline against their own children and maltreat people close to them, just to prove to others that "I am different." :oops:

Anyway, when Osimhen stepped on the podium, who was the first person he thanked? Amunike! You could see how embarrassed Amunike looked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I understand your problem now. Your own popsi repeatedly disowned you in public of igwe mmadu and refused to have anything to do with you. It is no wonder you respond like a rabid dog at random posts :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ANC wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:52 am Danfo Driver, why are you so emotional?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

What was the question he responded to?

And the other video where he clearly stated that he wanted Osimhen to win nullifies the other one. Nothing here.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I still love all my SE players . Now we must ensure our SE flourishes. We go into Afcon as one of the favorites to win. We must perform
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved