Dominic Solanke wants to play for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Dominic Solanke wants to play for Nigeria

Post by Tobi17 »

And with his current form this season? only a disingenuous person will be opposed to that switch happening...yes we have a plethora of forwards BUT Solanke brings something different stylistically from what we have, my boy can dribble, pass intelligently, hold up play brilliantly and finish with aplomb. Solanke's versatility means he can also play as a CAM and even as a winger effectively and majority of his goals this season have come from different positions around the 18 yrd box.

I say NFF fast-track him into the NT once everything is valid.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Dominic Solanke wants to play for Nigeria

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:46 pm And with his current form this season? only a disingenuous person will be opposed to that switch happening...yes we have a plethora of forwards BUT Solanke brings something different stylistically from what we have, my boy can dribble, pass intelligently, hold up play brilliantly and finish with aplomb. Solanke's versatility means he can also play as a CAM and even as a winger effectively and majority of his goals this season have come from different positions around the 18 yrd box.

He should goan apply to get his Naija passport.
Then write an application (in septuplicate).
Retain a column of reporters.
Hire Tobi17 and other non-disingenuous (earnest) people to promote him on CE.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:46 pm And with his current form this season? only a disingenuous person will be opposed to that switch happening...yes we have a plethora of forwards BUT Solanke brings something different stylistically from what we have, my boy can dribble, pass intelligently, hold up play brilliantly and finish with aplomb. Solanke's versatility means he can also play as a CAM and even as a winger effectively and majority of his goals this season have come from different positions around the 18 yrd box.

Tobi, please tell me you are joking.
A take God beg you.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Midfielders, defenders, or goal keepers please.

Hell I'll even take a good winger.

We don't need any more strikers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:03 pm

He should goan apply to get his Naija passport.
Then write an application (in septuplicate).
Retain a column of reporters.
Hire Tobi17 and other non-disingenuous (earnest) people to promote him on CE.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Nope
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tufiakwa.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Why not. He is no less Nigerian than the others.

Though I can’t see who he would displace. At least not now.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:43 pm Why not. He is no less Nigerian than the others.

Though I can’t see who he would displace. At least not now.
If he wants to play for Nigeria, he should contact the proper authorities to do the switch and obtain his passport. He should the prepare and work hard. If he performs in Div 1 AFTER THE AFCON, and the coach believes he is better than others, he will be invited. Its that simple.

But good luck to him, the competition is fierce - Osihmen, Boniface, Umar, Moffi, Orban etc etc
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

He looks decent statistically but he’s 26 and already has an England cap. Is he eligible for a switch❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If he wants, to play as a Goalie or defender, he can come , however, Playing as a striker for Nigeria, that wan pass mount Everest oo, the competition to play as a 9 for Nigeria no be beans ooo, Currently the best footballer out of Africa is the starting 9 for Nigeria.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Considering the massive drop-off recently experienced by the SE, with Osimhen and Awoniyi injured, its clear that there is still a gulf in class between those 2 and the others that still needs to be filled.
There is nothing wrong with the young man throwing his hat into the ring The only issue is that, since he already played for the England youth teams and once for the 3 lions (even though a friendly game in 2017), his clearance wait time could be several months - unless he has commenced the switch.
All the best to Dominic!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Considering the massive drop-off recently experienced by the SE, with Osimhen and Awoniyi injured, its clear that there is still a gulf in class between those 2 and the others that still needs to be filled.
There is nothing wrong with the young man throwing his hat into the ring The only issue is that, since he already played for the England youth teams and once for the 3 lions (even though a friendly game in 2017), his clearance wait time could be several months - unless he has commenced the switch.
The more quality strikers we have in our stables, the greater the competition which only bodes well for the SE.
Wish Dominic all the best!
Last edited by Otitokoro on Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Will be tough for him but he can invited for a friendly after Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:39 am Will be tough for him but he can invited for a friendly after Afcon, if he is performing better than other strikers we have.

I corrected your post. You are welcome.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:22 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:39 am Will be tough for him but he can invited for a friendly after Afcon, if he is performing better than other strikers we have.

He is performing better than Awoniyi for one...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:53 pm

I believe we have 2 or 3 spots in the squad. Now, he has to try to outperform Osimhen, Boniface, Sadiq, Moffi, Lookman, Akor Adams and Orban. That is 7 players (excluding Awoniyi).
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:12 pm

I believe we have 2 or 3 spots in the squad. Now, he has to try to outperform Osimhen, Boniface, Sadiq, Moffi, Lookman, Akor Adams and Orban. That is 7 players (excluding Awoniyi).

His competition is Moffi for the 4th spot.
Lookman is a wide MF/FWD

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:20 pm

Lookman is a wide MF/FWD
Just to confirm your position, he has surpassed Akor Adams and Orban in the pecking order?

Also, we do not select 4 CFs in a squad of 23. If we do that, where would you cut to fit in the CFs?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What should help players is their versatility to play a number of positions.

If somebody can only play CF, unless they are Osimehn their chances of making squad should be slim.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Lookman is a wide MF/FWD
Just to confirm your position, he has surpassed Akor Adams and Orban in the pecking order?

Also, we do not select 4 CFs in a squad of 23. If we do that, where would you cut to fit in the CFs?

Both Akor and Orban are below his level.

The key IMO is that he can play from wide and as support for Osimhen.

Both Boniface and Sadiq are best as lone strikers.

In the wide positions we only have two quality players- Samu and Lookman

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:52 pm

Lookman is a wide MF/FWD

Samu isn't even better than Simon. Bit I agree we can do with more wide quality players.

Does Solanke really fit that bill or is this another case of forcing strikers where they don't belong?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:04 am
txj wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:52 pm

Lookman is a wide MF/FWD

Samu isn't even better than Simon. Bit I agree we can do with more wide quality players.

Does Solanke really fit that bill or is this another case of forcing strikers where they don't belong?
Everytime I’ve watched Solanke he plays as a CF, he’s in no way a wide player, where is this wide talk coming from?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/dominic-so ... ler/258889
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!