Why are SE Sruggling?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Why are SE Sruggling?

Post by Enyi »

I strongly believe that we need a young Rohr-type coach for the SE or a Local coach that is proactive with modern techniques….

We should look at Nigerians that are actively coaching abroad or look again at the likes of Siasia or Finidi..

The only department that SE is struggling in is GK

CB- Bassey, Tosin, Jordan, Kevin, Ogbo, Ajayi, Omeruo, Ndah

RB - Aina, Osayi-Samuel, Ebuehi

LB - Zaidu, Bruno, Osho

Midfield - Ndidi, Onyeka, Onyedika, Alhassan, Fisayo, Folorunsho, Aribo,

Wingers/ Forwards: Chuks, Lookman, Simon, Orban, Iheanacho, Tella, Iwobi, Onyekuru

Strikers: Osimhen, Boniface, Moffi, Awoniyi, Umar, Akor Adams

This is just a few and I am sure I missed out on a few others…..

SE PLAYS WELL WHEN WE PLAY 4-2-3-1

GK

OSAYI BASSEY TOSIN ZAIDU

NDIDI ONYEDIKA

CHUKS IWOBI LOOKMAN ( these can just swap round as they like but remain disciplined)

OSIMHEN

This should be the least that the SE should be putting out right now…..

My opinion what do u think……
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Why are SE Sruggling?

Post by highbury »

Our players never strife to be the best. Once they start making some decent money, they get comfortable. Even if they play for a bottom placed team, but as long they are paid to their satisfaction they can remain at the bottom placed club until the club doesn't renew their contract
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

highbury wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:15 pm Our players never strife to be the best. Once they start making some decent money, they get comfortable. Even if they play for a bottom placed team, but as long they are paid to their satisfaction they can remain at the bottom placed club until the club doesn't renew their contract
Oshimen must be an exception
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We also need to do the simple administrative things well. Like paying the players and coaching staff on time as due. We rarely talk about it on CE put it’s absolutely important if you want them to respect the organization they represent. I doubt if any of the players or coaches have any respect for the Nff that’s still owing them for 2022 Afcon with the next one just days away.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Another version of the question Emir Kongi asked the day he cried out in pain -- "Why do we never win important games??! Wahhhh wahhhhh." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nigerians always asking questions that have obvious answers. Shebi the coach that you guys supported, and wasnt fired has now selected his basket of Div 2 and lower league losers? Looking forwad to all the versions of this same question in the second week of January. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need a young Siasia or Keshi(RIP) for the Eagles. The reason why the team is struggling is also why Nigeria is failing. Lots of lazy thinkers that don't appreciate or have pride in Nigeria. They get easy oil money and take it to Dubai and etc. Spend all their money on shopping and medical tourism. Not surprising we have WOWO. The league is a mess. Dangote would rather want to buy Arsenal than own a local team. What Nigeria need is an attitude adjustment t. Learn from the Chinese on how to appreciate and have pride in your country. But still adopt the best from all over of the world. That is why the Eagles is struggling and will continue to struggle.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think you don't watch a lot of Super Eagles games.

The Super Eagles have struggled in EVERY department against every credible and semi credible team we have played under Peseiro. He is the worst department in the SE.
Enyi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:16 am

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

lol
1naija wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:26 pm I think you don't watch a lot of Super Eagles games.

The Super Eagles have struggled in EVERY department against every credible and semi credible team we have played under Peseiro. He is the worst department in the SE.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:26 pm I think you don't watch a lot of Super Eagles games.

KPOM. We keep dropping names. This and that playing in Europe. What exactly has that given the team in recent games against Lesotho [with Euro based talents???]and others? The reality is we have a poor team and that should be our focus and not this guy plays in Europe or not. What is the team doing against its African opponents?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Name a coach we haven’t struggled under in the last 10yrs.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:48 pm

You don dey prepare your voice to cry next month? "Why do we never win important games??! Wahhhh wahhhhh." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:52 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:48 pm

You don dey prepare your voice to cry next month? "Why do we never win important games??! Wahhhh wahhhhh." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The thread is asking the wrong question, “Why are the SE struggling?” The right question should be “Why is danfo the diseased dog struggling with 404 meat?”

:woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The NFF are amateur.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I cannot argue against this!!!

The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........