NO NIGERIAN REFEREES LISTED FOR AFCON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
NO NIGERIAN REFEREES LISTED FOR AFCON

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NO NIGERIAN REFEREES LISTED FOR AFCON

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: The decay has sipped into every aspect of society. When your president is a well-known drug baron, this is the result.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This is embarrassing smh
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I don’t think this problem started today. Did we even have a referee from Nigerian in the last AFCON?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:34 pm I don’t think this problem started today. Did we even have a referee from Nigerian in the last AFCON?
Nor be today at all at all.
All these factors add up, but people still think we have SE-ready players yanfu-yanfu running around in the NPFL.
Our problem plenti.
I don’t we have had credible refs since the days of the great Linus Mbah and Festus Okubule, which was in the 80s/90s.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:49 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:34 pm I don’t think this problem started today. Did we even have a referee from Nigerian in the last AFCON?
Nor be today at all at all.
All these factors add up, but people still think we have SE-ready players yanfu-yanfu running around in the NPFL.
Our problem plenti.
I don’t we have had credible refs since the days of the great Linus Mbah and Festus Okubule, which was in the 80s/90s.
Musa, Ighalo and Oliseh recently called for home based players in the SE.
When they were in the team, they didn’t call for the home based but now they want to destabilise the team with their agenda.
They should rather focus on fixing the NPFL at all levels instead of applying makeup to cover up the problems of the league
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...corruption is endemic like dem say.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:35 pmMusa, Ighalo and Oliseh recently called for home based players in the SE.
When they were in the team, they didn’t call for the home based but now they want to destabilise the team with their agenda.
They should rather focus on fixing the NPFL at all levels instead of applying makeup to cover up the problems of the league
Abegi what are you blathering on about?
Oliseh capped several home-based players as SE coach, which is literally putting his job where his mouth is! SMH

Meanwhile, not exactly sure what CAF not listing Nigerian referees for next year’s AFCON has to do with the capabilities of INDIVIDUAL home-based players. Destabilize ko, dissentry ni!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Na today? Useless country full of mumu people, and you expect representation in an arena where making good judgement is expected?
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

There is no excuse for not picking Nigerian referee unless there's more to it than meets the eye. If it's corruption look no further than one of the main CAF referees Ibrahim Chaibou
Who went to straight into an RSA bank to cash his loot after getting a payout for throwing a match. We also saw him throw several other matches with dubious calls. If it's competency, then we see so many rubbish referees AFcon a after AFcon. This edition will be no different.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:55 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:35 pmMusa, Ighalo and Oliseh recently called for home based players in the SE.
Oliseh capped several home-based players as SE coach, which is literally putting his job where his mouth is! SMH

Meanwhile, not exactly sure what CAF not listing Nigerian referees for next year’s AFCON has to do with the capabilities of INDIVIDUAL home-based players. Destabilize ko, dissentry ni!
Abeg keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to add. Oliseh that dropped Mikel for a home based player that has since gone into oblivion just to prove a stupid point to people like you!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:19 am

Abeg keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to add. Oliseh that dropped Mikel for a home based player that has since gone into oblivion just to prove a stupid point to people like you!
But, Dammy, read your mentioning of those three and then your claim. That is what Gotti responds to. Oliseh worked closely with homebased players. I also add, that Musa was first called up to SE while he was homebased and after he became foreign- based , a few years ago, he went back and played for Pillars. Don't you think he has an idea what he is talking about compared to CE guys who only watch European league? Both are far more credible than any of you CE guys who only watch European football and have little or no inkling about home based football and footballers.

BTW, that focus on European football limits the knowledge that some CE have of football and the abilities of labor around it. Think for a moment. No one here believes there is talent in Nigeria. Yet, 17 year olds from that Nigeria suddenly play for the Nigerian u17 squad and appear on TV and the same guys start to promote the player for SE but yet they forget there are talents like that, may be better, already in the NPFL! Ridiculous. Dat one that Television blindfold.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

They are not good enough. Period!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:06 pm They are not good enough. Period!
Based on what evidence do you say this, and have you observed referees in other leagues ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:02 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:19 am

But, Dammy, read your mentioning of those three and then your claim. That is what Gotti responds to. Oliseh worked closely with homebased players. I also add, that Musa was first called up to SE while he was homebased and after he became foreign- based , a few years ago, he went back and played for Pillars. Don't you think he has an idea what he is talking about compared to CE guys who only watch European league? Both are far more credible than any of you CE guys who only watch European football and have little or no inkling about home based football and footballers.

BTW, that focus on European football limits the knowledge that some CE have of football and the abilities of labor around it. Think for a moment. No one here believes there is talent in Nigeria. Yet, 17 year olds from that Nigeria suddenly play for the Nigerian u17 squad and appear on TV and the same guys start to promote the player for SE but yet they forget there are talents like that, may be better, already in the NPFL! Ridiculous. Dat one that Television blindfold.
Oh God. :roll:
Another strawman.
Prof, how many……nah.
Don’t worry.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:26 pm
Based on what evidence do you say this, and have you observed referees in other leagues ?
Do you think there is a conspiracy against Nigerian referees?
Just asking.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC

Comparative analysis of refereeing has been provided by me on eaglesetcetera site. The analysis, BTW, is not a subjective one but based on a statistical comparison. Refereeing in Nigeria's top leafue was so off the mean that it was laughable. This was not just comparing leagues in Europe but as I recall it compared a league in Africa and also included another non- European league. The statistical result also compared Nigerian league results and decisions to Nigerian league years ago. It was clear that other issues beyond onfiekd action was influencing results by referees in Nigeria. This was very clear based on statistical comparison.

It looked at probability of home wins, looked at probability of pk awards in last quarter if games and whether a home or away team often benefitted from such awards. All of these were part of that analysis, as I now recall it. Some NRA officials were miffed and I received irate calls but it is what it is.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm
Do you think there is a conspiracy against Nigerian referees?
Just asking.
No I do not. I just do not buy the blanket statement that any group of people "are not good enough".
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:40 pm
ANC

Comparative analysis of refereeing has been provided by me on eaglesetcetera site. The analysis, BTW, is not a subjective one but based on a statistical comparison. Refereeing in Nigeria's top leafue was so off the mean that it was laughable. This was not just comparing leagues in Europe but as I recall it compared a league in Africa and also included another non- European league. The statistical result also compared Nigerian league results and decisions to Nigerian league years ago. It was clear that other issues beyond onfiekd action was influencing results by referees in Nigeria. This was very clear based on statistical comparison.

It looked at probability of home wins, looked at probability of pk awards in last quarter if games and whether a home or away team often benefitted from such awards. All of these were part of that analysis, as I now recall it. Some NRA officials were miffed and I received irate calls but it is what it is.
Ok at least you have some facts to back up the statement.
It is still unfair to not have a single official from a major footballing nation in the tournament.
Even amongst the house of thieves, you can still find an honest man.
That Nigeria is corrupt does not justify the exclusion. I wonder how well many of the enlisted would
perform if they were to practice in Nigeria.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:55 pm
ANC

It is still unfair to not have a single official from a major footballing nation in the tournament.
That Nigeria is corrupt does not justify the exclusion. I wonder how well many of the enlisted would
It’ll be unfair to lower the standards just to accommodate Nigerian referees. Have you watched a NPFL that’s not televised on TV? Try to watch a game and you’ll see why. Even the linesman is corrupt. When it’s comes to integrity, Nigeria has a huge problem.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:04 pm
ANC

It’ll be unfair to lower the standards just to accommodate Nigerian referees. Have you watched a NPFL that’s not televised on TV? Try to watch a game and you’ll see why. Even the linesman is corrupt. When it’s comes to integrity, Nigeria has a huge problem.

WTF :D
Okay o..
Keep shooting yourself on the foot.
Don't complain when they take it further and deny you other opportunities. Don't cry "Issa Hayatou" again.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:18 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:04 pm
ANC

WTF :D
Okay o..
Keep shooting yourself on the foot.
Don't complain when they take it further and deny you other opportunities. Don't cry "Issa Hayatou" again.
You should be more concerned with the information Enugu II provided.
It’s something we all sensed but didn’t have the hard evidence.
Like Kongi said, we shouldn’t insist on a Nigerian ‘quota’ only to go and stink up the joint.

Who is going to explain to those nations on the receiving end of terrible refereeing decisions?
If our refs can’t clean up their act, then tough.