Rafiu Durosinmi (20) signs for Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rafiu Durosinmi (20) signs for Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt

Post by Lolly »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:40 am
Lolly wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:45 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 am
Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:51 am Oyibo talk say, “When it rains, it pours”.
Yet another top striker coming through.

Please, let us beg the god of football.
We need two top midfielders, one world class central defender and one above average goalkeeper.
We will pay.
Abeg.
It’s difficult to understand how we cannot get the likes of Ugochukwu, Olise or Chukwuemeka to play for us with the avalanche of world class strikers that we have
Or why is it difficult for us to find good midfielders from the large pool of Nigerian exports currently plying their trade outside Africa.

As I always say, if you are good, the clubs will find you. This guy here was on the radar of 3 Premier League clubs and Eintracht Frankfurt while playing in a backwater league. Same way Boniface found his way to Germany.
Boniface lit up the Europa league last season. Clubs were forced to notice.
Boniface was noticed before he signed for Union but they took the gamble.

Victor Boniface: Why Union SG signed the Nigerian forward
#72 September 2022
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/artic ... is-tactics
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Sunset wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:49 pm
Not surprising given how well he has been with Viktoria Plzen the only worry is he has been out injured since October
The New Boniface
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:52 pm
Oh no!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Wow.
I hope it’s not another of those ‘silent’ heart problems.
With the high publicity generated by Erikson at the WC and more recently the same cardiac arrest in Lockyer of Luton Town, nobody wants to risk it.
Hopefully, whatever the problem is, it is correctable.
Kanu came back.
Erikson is back.

Poor kid must be devastated.
Rafiu Durosinmi: Viktoria Plzen’s Nigerian forward’s move to Eintracht Frankfurt aborted – report
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 8 hours ago

https://soccernet.ng/2024/01/rafiu-duro ... eport.html

The promising Nigerian talent had impressed in the Czech Republic and had been tipped to be a major hit in the German Bundesliga. In a surprising turn of events, the much-anticipated transfer of Nigerian striker Rafiu Durosinmi to Eintracht Frankfurt has collapsed, Soccernet.ng reports.

After excelling at Viktoria Plzen, Durosinmi was expected to be one of Frankfurt’s first winter signings.

However, Eintracht Frankfurt have decided to cancel the €9 million deal after an undisclosed abnormality surfaced during Durosinmi’s medical examination, as per Bild.

Notably, this issue was unrelated to the knee injury the player was recuperating from.
The intended move had held great significance for both parties, as Durosinmi was set to join the ranks of the 2022 UEFA Europa League champions.

The striker was slated to sign a contract, extending his stay with the club until 2028.
Eintracht Frankfurt had envisioned him as a potential replacement for Randal Kolo Muani, who departed for PSG during the previous transfer window.

The collapse of this deal comes as a setback for Durosinmi, who had been tipped to be the most gifted Nigerian to play at Frankfurt since the legendary Austin Okocha in the nineties.
Durosinmi had displayed promising form in the Fortuna Liga, the top-tier division of the Czech Republic until his season was interrupted by a knee injury sustained in October.

The 20-year-old had scored six goals and notched six assists in only 11 league games for Viktoria Plzen.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:02 pm Wow.
I hope it’s not another of those ‘silent’ heart problems.
With the high publicity generated by Erikson at the WC and more recently the same cardiac arrest in Lockyer of Luton Town, nobody wants to risk it.
Hopefully, whatever the problem is, it is correctable.
Kanu came back.
Erikson is back.

Poor kid must be devastated.
Rafiu Durosinmi: Viktoria Plzen’s Nigerian forward’s move to Eintracht Frankfurt aborted – report
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 8 hours ago

https://soccernet.ng/2024/01/rafiu-duro ... eport.html

The promising Nigerian talent had impressed in the Czech Republic and had been tipped to be a major hit in the German Bundesliga. In a surprising turn of events, the much-anticipated transfer of Nigerian striker Rafiu Durosinmi to Eintracht Frankfurt has collapsed, Soccernet.ng reports.

After excelling at Viktoria Plzen, Durosinmi was expected to be one of Frankfurt’s first winter signings.

However, Eintracht Frankfurt have decided to cancel the €9 million deal after an undisclosed abnormality surfaced during Durosinmi’s medical examination, as per Bild.

Notably, this issue was unrelated to the knee injury the player was recuperating from.
The intended move had held great significance for both parties, as Durosinmi was set to join the ranks of the 2022 UEFA Europa League champions.

The striker was slated to sign a contract, extending his stay with the club until 2028.
Eintracht Frankfurt had envisioned him as a potential replacement for Randal Kolo Muani, who departed for PSG during the previous transfer window.

The collapse of this deal comes as a setback for Durosinmi, who had been tipped to be the most gifted Nigerian to play at Frankfurt since the legendary Austin Okocha in the nineties.
Durosinmi had displayed promising form in the Fortuna Liga, the top-tier division of the Czech Republic until his season was interrupted by a knee injury sustained in October.

The 20-year-old had scored six goals and notched six assists in only 11 league games for Viktoria Plzen.
This is a hard one to take. I can't imagine what the boy is going through right now. :(
Last edited by Lolly on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Dang! My poor boy.

He will bounce back. Get well soon.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:05 pm All hail the bushmen.
As soon as I saw this, I feared the worst! My God! what manner of person are you? Why do you use the lives and career of young boys to do juju? Destroying Isaac Success was not enough for you?

This is the reason Boniface's grandmother had to travel all the way to Germany to rebuke you and sanctify her grand son :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:59 pm
As soon as I saw this, I feared the worst! My God! what manner of person are you? Why do you use the lives and career of young boys to do juju? Destroying Isaac Success was not enough for you?

This is the reason Boniface's grandmother had to travel all the way to Germany to rebuke you and sanctify her grand son :oops:
if bushboy hates on Osimhen hard enough we might just win this Afcon somehow.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It’s troubling. Very troubling.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:18 pm

if bushboy hates on Osimhen hard enough we might just win this Afcon somehow.
My brother, most likely highest goalscorer award loading . . . :D :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guess they have moved on. Bushboy, you are very very wicked! :oops: :veryangry: