Chukwueze set to start in Coppa Italia before AFCON departure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Nigerian winger Samuel Chukwueze is expected to start in AC Milan’s Coppa Italia clash against Cagliari before departing for the Africa Cup of Nations.

As has been reported by Calciomercato.com, Chukwueze will almost certainly be in action from the first minute on January 2nd against Cagliari as it gives Stefano Pioli a chance to rest Christian Pulisic on the right wing.

There is little risk involved for Milan in doing this as Chukwueze is more than capable of doing what is needed in that game and the day after, he will depart to link up with the Nigeria national team as they prepare for the Africa Cup of Nations.

He is one of two Milan players who will be departing for the tournament, as Ismael Bennacer has accepted the call-up from Algeria.

It was not certain that he would be called up by Algeria he has been out injured for many months and has only made two appearances since his return.

He will not have any role to play against Cagliari because the Algerian FA have decided to convene all of their players on January 2, rejecting Milan’s request to let Bennacer go on the 3rd of January so he could face Cagliari.

https://sempremilan.com/cm-chukwueze-st ... -departure
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Chukwueze set to start in Coppa Italia before AFCON departure

Post by iworo »

Our NFF doesn’t have the balls to do this and that’s why we have all these European clubs disrespecting us by always playing games with us. The next thing you hear is that some of these players got injured during their last games. I sincerely hope my skepticism is unfounded, and the situation improves.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

NFF should have turned town the request. He's been held back for a mere cup game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who else we got? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:14 am

Who else we got? :laugh:
Air Nwabili dey there kampe 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:29 am NFF should have turned town the request. He's been held back for a mere cup game.
Yea, not happening. When Milan called, the NFF would have been so happy like a girl getting a call from her crush! I dont think you have seen most Nigerians receiving a call from a white man. Its like heaven for them! They get so excited and their heart swells with so much giddiness! I can guarantee you that the NFF cannot say "no" to a European club. Absolutely not! people that are hoping to get free tickets to watch Milan in CL? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:21 am
olu wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:29 am NFF should have turned town the request. He's been held back for a mere cup game.
Yea, not happening. When Milan called, the NFF would have been so happy like a girl getting a call from her crush! I dont think you have seen most Nigerians receiving a call from a white man. Its like heaven for them! They get so excited and their heart swells with so much giddiness! I can guarantee you that the NFF cannot say "no" to a European club. Absolutely not! people that are hoping to get free tickets to watch Milan in CL? :lol: :lol:
‘You exemplify the soft bigotry of low expectations.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

They can keep him a little longer, Chukwueze is minus one, in my book.
I am almost happy VO9 got a red card in his last napoli game.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

ANC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:49 am They can keep him a little longer, Chukwueze is minus one, in my book.
I would normally agree but who else is going to play on the right wing with Iheanacho also out?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

niyi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:40 am
ANC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:49 am They can keep him a little longer, Chukwueze is minus one, in my book.
I would normally agree but who else is going to play on the right wing with Iheanacho also out?
I’ll get in trouble for this but neither Samu nor Nacho would start for me in the SE. Love en both. But I’d play a front three on Victor, Victor and Ademola with Alex, Wilf and Frank behind them.

And without meaning to trigger any one, the French assist king, Simon, would be ahead of those two for me.

They belong in the squad, but the wouldn’t start.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:54 am
niyi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:40 am
I’ll get in trouble for this but neither Samu nor Nacho would start for me in the SE. Love en both. But I’d play a front three on Victor, Victor and Ademola with Alex, Wilf and Frank behind them.

And without meaning to trigger any one, the French assist king, Simon, would be ahead of those two for me.

They belong in the squad, but the wouldn’t start.
… then we probably won’t get out of our AFCON group with you as the coach🤔❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Foul! Chukwueze is important to us, just as Lookman and Moses are in their positions. Yes, he has been poor lately but I expect him to deliver this AFCON.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:43 am
Emir

Danfo is correct ooo! We tend to bow to these requests easily. Do you think that these clubs will agree to a late call up if Nigeria a failed to send out an invitation on time? Sometimes. Nigeria should stick to its guns.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:19 pm
Foul! Chukwueze is important to us, just as Lookman and Moses are in their positions. Yes, he has been poor lately but I expect him to deliver this AFCON.
What may I ask, that you base such on?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:52 pm
Emir

Danfo is correct ooo! We tend to bow to these requests easily. Do you think that these clubs will agree to a late call up if Nigeria a failed to send out an invitation on time? Sometimes. Nigeria should stick to its guns.
E11, Algeria refused to allow AC Milan hold on to the midfielder, Bennacer, and he has joined up with his national team while our NFF agrees to let Chukwueze stay and play the cup match tomorrow
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:02 pm
Emir

E11, Algeria refused to allow AC Milan hold on to the midfielder, Bennacer, and he has joined up with his national team while our NFF agrees to let Chukwueze stay and play the cup match tomorrow
Good!! The NFF must stand up to these clubs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:10 pm
Emir

It's not always about fire and brimstone...The more important thing is about relationships.
There'll be times to stand your ground. But without being privy to the conversations, it is hard to say one way or another...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:03 pm
Emir

It's not always about fire and brimstone...The more important thing is about relationships.
There'll be times to stand your ground. But without being privy to the conversations, it is hard to say one way or another...
My brother, we know how the conversations went! No be Nigeria be this? :lol: :lol:

By the way, Algeria WANTS to win the AFCON, Nigeria doesnt. This is the difference. Nigeria is camping in Dubai, Ghana is Camping in South Africa. P.s, guess where Algeria is camping? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Emir

My brother, we know how the conversations went! No be Nigeria be this? :lol: :lol:

By the way, Algeria WANTS to win the AFCON, Nigeria doesnt. This is the difference. Nigeria is camping in Dubai, Ghana is Camping in South Africa. P.s, guess where Algeria is camping? :lol: :lol:
Bro, Nigeria frustrates one a lot! Do you know that Guinea are already in camp? I saw a photo of the suspended Juventus midfielder, Paul Ponga, visiting them in camp on tuttomercatoweb. That’s the sign of a serious country
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:55 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:19 pm
What may I ask, that you base such on?
Gut feeling. He knows this is his last chance hence I would expect him to raise his game. He wouldn’t want to miss a World Cup just in case a miracle happens and we qualify. The guy is obviously talented but just needs to make some small adjustments to his game.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Emir

Why are SE camping in Dubai? Is there no African countries they can camp in?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim