Okonkwo open to switching nationality from England to Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okonkwo open to switching nationality from England to Nigeria

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:34 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:27 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:06 pm I didn’t hear the extortion claim by Alaba. What I read was that the NFF didn’t make any formal approach for him. It was agents that were relaying information to him. It more than likely it was agents that were trying to extort him.
https://saharareporters.com/2019/05/04/ ... e_vignette

Do you see Ndidi and Kele as Div 2 players and not worthy to be in our team?
Yes.
Guy, that was FAKE NEWS!
Don’t tell me you missed Alaba denying it himself?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294625&p=5428110

CE chitchat around the time,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294550

More. Again he never brought up bribery when he visited the SE prior to the 2018 WC.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220426&p=3503855
🙏🏿 who cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Go read the comments and see what the fans are saying about him. Dude is a very talented goalkeeper but hey according to the CE morons we must manage with Uzoho and Okoye because Okonkwo is playing in "Div 4"
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:48 pm This is a refreshing thread. People disagreeing respectfully. No insults and personal attacks. Nice to read on a Saturday morning.
For what it’s worth, since Enyeama retired and Ikeme got ill, we’ve struggled with goalkeeper and there are few exciting options in the wings. So special measures are required. There will be no instant solutions. We’re really looking towards 2026 and beyond. So one of those special measures might be to cap as many foreign born goalkeepers, even if they’ve only got an outside chance of making it.
Thank you. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thanks for sharing bro!
Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:34 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:27 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:06 pm I didn’t hear the extortion claim by Alaba. What I read was that the NFF didn’t make any formal approach for him. It was agents that were relaying information to him. It more than likely it was agents that were trying to extort him.
https://saharareporters.com/2019/05/04/ ... e_vignette

Do you see Ndidi and Kele as Div 2 players and not worthy to be in our team?
Yes.
Guy, that was FAKE NEWS!
Don’t tell me you missed Alaba denying it himself?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294625&p=5428110

CE chitchat around the time,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294550

More. Again he never brought up bribery when he visited the SE prior to the 2018 WC.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220426&p=3503855
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You seem quite upset. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sorry, I dont think a national team should be scouting on youtube comments sections. :rotf:

Okonkwo mught be talented and he has said he wants to play for us. He should, as such, commit to us. Thereafter, he should join every other Nigerian footballer to work hard, place himself in the right position (top division) and he will be called up.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:22 am

Go read the comments and see what the fans are saying about him. Dude is a very talented goalkeeper but hey according to the CE morons we must manage with Uzoho and Okoye because Okonkwo is playing in "Div 4"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:19 am You seem quite upset. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sorry, I dont think a national team should be scouting on youtube comments sections. :rotf:

Okonkwo mught be talented and he has said he wants to play for us. He should, as such, commit to us. Thereafter, he should join every other Nigerian footballer to work hard, place himself in the right position (top division) and he will be called up.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:22 am

Well that is what he has been doing at Wrexam so what is your problem? He has done everything you have asked of him so I see no reason why he does not earn a callup. Some of you talk as if we have GKs playing for Real, Barca, Psg we dont. We are light on options at that position. What is needed is for the position to be thrown open and for the best GKs to win fair and square. No class system, no silly talk about division and multiplication. Call up the best gks from Adeleye, Rasheed to Okonkwo to Okoye to Osayi, Aniagboso etc and let them compete like Enyeama, Ejide, Rotimi and Ayeinubga did after Shourumu retired. Its that simple.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:35 am Well that is what he has been doing at Wrexam so what is your problem? He has done everything you have asked of him so I see no reason why he does not earn a callup.
I am not saying that I do not understand what you are saying. I do. HOWEVER, I will NEVER EVER accept a lower division player in the SE. NEVER!! Hell! I was even prepared to cast out Ndidi, Iheanacho and Aribo! I recognize that most people do not share my opinion, and in fact, the powers that be are 100% against my opinion and actually prefer lower division players. Thats fine! I just simply will never accept it.

Personally, I dont even think you should be as upset as you are. :lol: Most likely you will win! You will get what you want because our coach and administrators actually love lower division players. the sight of Div 2 and 3 players, excites our coach, NFF and fans. I am the one who should be seething, as I am the one who will lose this argument. Chill, man; Chill. :D
Some of you talk as if we have GKs playing for Real, Barca, Psg we dont. .
We have in Frieburg, Udinese and Värnamo. All division 1 teams in Germany, Italy and Sweden.
We are light on options at that position. What is needed is for the position to be thrown open and for the best GKs to win fair and square. No class system, no silly talk about division and multiplication. Call up the best gks from Adeleye, Rasheed to Okonkwo to Okoye to Osayi, Aniagboso etc and let them compete like Enyeama, Ejide, Rotimi and Ayeinubga did after Shourumu retired. Its that simple
Actually, we are NOT light in that position. You think we are because our NFF and coach refuse to scout and have zero desire to select players based on merit. They select the same horrid players who have godfathers and as such, you actually think we dont have players. Same thing they have done to convince you that we do not have midfielders. :rotf: We do!

And the super eagles is not a rendezvous. We are not going to "open camp" invite "hey yous" to "fight for shirt!" We suffered painfully through that process and gave national team caps to taxi drivers and Francis Kumbur. We will NOT go back to that dark hour of our football. Players will be selected solely on merit and performance at the highest level. One day, Nigerians will realize how sweet it is when things are done on merit! Trust me, I have tasted it and its amazingly beautiful and yields the best result. I know this for a fact. :D
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:38 am
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:35 am Well that is what he has been doing at Wrexam so what is your problem? He has done everything you have asked of him so I see no reason why he does not earn a callup.
I am not saying that I do not understand what you are saying. I do. HOWEVER, I will NEVER EVER accept a lower division player in the SE. NEVER!! Hell! I was even prepared to cast out Ndidi, Iheanacho and Aribo! I recognize that most people do not share my opinion, and in fact, the powers that be are 100% against my opinion and actually prefer lower division players. Thats fine! I just simply will never accept it.

Personally, I dont even think you should be as upset as you are. :lol: Most likely you will win! You will get what you want because our coach and administrators actually love lower division players. the sight of Div 2 and 3 players, excites our coach, NFF and fans. I am the one who should be seething, as I am the one who will lose this argument. Chill, man; Chill. :D
We have in Frieburg, Udinese and Värnamo. All division 1 teams in Germany, Italy and Sweden.
We are light on options at that position. What is needed is for the position to be thrown open and for the best GKs to win fair and square. No class system, no silly talk about division and multiplication. Call up the best gks from Adeleye, Rasheed to Okonkwo to Okoye to Osayi, Aniagboso etc and let them compete like Enyeama, Ejide, Rotimi and Ayeinubga did after Shourumu retired. Its that simple
Actually, we are NOT light in that position. You think we are because our NFF and coach refuse to scout and have zero desire to select players based on merit. They select the same horrid players who have godfathers and as such, you actually think we dont have players. Same thing they have done to convince you that we do not have midfielders. :rotf: We do!

And the super eagles is not a rendezvous. We are not going to "open camp" invite "hey yous" to "fight for shirt!" We suffered painfully through that process and gave national team caps to taxi drivers and Francis Kumbur. We will NOT go back to that dark hour of our football. Players will be selected solely on merit and performance at the highest level. One day, Nigerians will realize how sweet it is when things are done on merit! Trust me, I have tasted it and its amazingly beautiful and yields the best result. I know this for a fact. :D
But bros, apart from Okoye, all we have are lower league goalkeepers. And Okoye don vex for una.

I say bring the guy into the fold quick quick. If he was an outfield player, I’d agree with you. But we need to be building for 2026 and 2030 and there are no keepers in the frame. We need to cast the net now and put in place a programme to ensure we’re not in this same situation (as we’ve been since Ikeme got ill) in 2 years time.

Cap the lad.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Danfo D makes a good point and I share his meritocracy sentiments - but for the goalkeeper position - I think our options are very dire. Therefore, while Okonkwo is an Arsenal player on "loan" to division 4 Wrxham - he should be called up. Not because he is foreign-born, nor because he plays for Arsenal, but I have seen 1st hand how tough and rigorous it is to get through that Arsenal talent pool, and trust me - he is better than someone in a Norwegian or Swedish Div 1 team. Lastly, because of the singular prospect of losing him coupled with the earlier proposition of our dire goalkeeping situation - I say cap him ASAP at the least, and then we will come around to the meritocracy during the time of plenty. The captain of some caribbean island plays for non-league Maidstone United - I know THIS IS Nigeria - yes, but with our goalkeeping situation - I say our "beggar" does not have a lot of options. Now if we are talking strikers - even Harlaand and Kane would not be automatic starters.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:38 am

Bro you are thinking very 1 dimensionaly. It's not about the division its about the talent. Also aside from the HBs, Adeleye,Rashid and Okoye which so called top division goalkeepers do we have? Atubolu is with Germany and Lawal is with Austria. We don't have many options. What division did Carl Ikeme play in again? Dude came in and benched Enyeama. This is about looking ahead. I'm not saying Okonkwo should be the number 1. But for now he at least deserves to be capped so we know we have him as an option.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:47 pm

But bros, apart from Okoye, all we have are lower league goalkeepers.
Not true. I have just listed 2 goalkeepers starting in Div 1 in Europe. There are actually more Nigerian goalkeepers starting in Div 1. We have had a coach for 1 year. He has had one year to scout and integrate the guy in Germany and the one in Sweden and the others. Same way people are asking him to now integrate a Div 4 player.
And Okoye don vex for una.
How was he managed? Is it possible that the Div 4 guy will also be poorly managed and he will vex for us, as well?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

GG of G wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:03 pm Danfo D makes a good point and I share his meritocracy sentiments - but for the goalkeeper position - I think our options are very dire.
By the way, our options are NOT dire in the GK position. The same way our options are NOT dire in the midfield position. Out NFF and coach have decided not to scout players, in order to convince Nigerians to accept the poor players who have grandfathers.

A few months ago, Orban, Moffi and Boniface couldnt get into the team. Our strike-force only had Osimhen and we thought we were skint. it was all a lie.
Therefore, while Okonkwo is an Arsenal player on "loan" to division 4 Wrxham - he should be called up. Not because he is foreign-born, nor because he plays for Arsenal, but I have seen 1st hand how tough and rigorous it is to get through that Arsenal talent pool, and trust me - he is better than someone in a Norwegian or Swedish Div 1 team. Lastly, because of the singular prospect of losing him coupled with the earlier proposition of our dire goalkeeping situation - I say cap him ASAP at the least, and then we will come around to the meritocracy during the time of plenty. The captain of some caribbean island plays for non-league Maidstone United - I know THIS IS Nigeria - yes, but with our goalkeeping situation - I say our "beggar" does not have a lot of options. Now if we are talking strikers - even Harlaand and Kane would not be automatic starters.
One of the thinks that has sunk Nigeria into the state it is today is the creation of "exceptions." We want meritocracy, BUT, lets make an exception for this one. We want the best, BUT, lets make an exception for Oga's daughter. We want to use the best bank, BUT lets use UBA because Elumelu would withdraw his contract. We want to do this, BUT.. . .

It is the BUT that has ruined the countries beyond what we could ever imagine. My brother, this is truly sad, but it is what it is. Meritocracy NEVER has a BUT. NEVER!
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Ok DD, you make good points and you are right - it's high time the meritocracy regime takes over - but I won't hold my breath for the NFF nor the society at large.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

GG of G wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:25 pm Ok DD, you make good points and you are right - it's high time the meritocracy regime takes over - but I won't hold my breath for the NFF nor the society at large.
Please dont hold your breath. I can guarantee you that you and I are in the very small minority. Very small! I expect Okonkwo and other Div 2,3, and 4 players to get into the national team after the AFCON. Those of us who experienced Hey You and Patrick Kumbur know how bad it got.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:48 pm
GG of G wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:25 pm Ok DD, you make good points and you are right - it's high time the meritocracy regime takes over - but I won't hold my breath for the NFF nor the society at large.
Please dont hold your breath. I can guarantee you that you and I are in the very small minority. Very small! I expect Okonkwo and other Div 2,3, and 4 players to get into the national team after the AFCON. Those of us who experienced Hey You and Patrick Kumbur know how bad it got.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I honestly still think am dreaming whenever I read about the "Hey you" story but apparently it is true. I give up
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There are a lot of good GKs in the local league that are right now better than Okonkeo. But you will rather callup a 3rd division GK because he is linked to Arsenal and he plays in a white mans league. Sorry to burst your bubble. He is not good enough. Makes a lot of mistakes. Not the best shot stopper. He is also out of contract in the summer. The SE standards continue to be eroded.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

GG of G wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:34 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:48 pm
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I honestly still think am dreaming whenever I read about the "Hey you" story but apparently it is true. I give up
My brother, they desecrated our jersey. :(
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is where Nigeria is headed. Absolutely disgusting! :oops: :oops:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Nwabali performed well today....A guy in the 4th division should've been running to Nigeria months ago to try to get the #1 shirt

He's going to put a ceiling own his own career
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

goke313 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 pm Nwabali performed well today....A guy in the 4th division should've been running to Nigeria months ago to try to get the #1 shirt

He's going to put a ceiling own his own career
Let me correct it for you -- "A guy in the 4th division, should NEVER EVER be anywhere near our national team. :oops:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Any way to boost the team. Go after them all. Only if Olise is wise.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Good. We need more depth in that position