Okonkwo open to switching nationality from England to Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okonkwo open to switching nationality from England to Nigeria

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:03 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:08 pm
Odas wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:59 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:54 pm I don’t see why a switch would be required since he has never played for the England senior team🤔❗️

Cheers.
TTTK, though I am not sure what the 'switching rule' is, but don't you think some signatures must be put on some papers to make the switching official?
If he has never played for the senior team of any other country then no switching is required🤔❗️

Cheers.
Not quite bro, look it up…
I’ve actually reviewed the rules and it doesn’t appear to address the situation where a player has never played for the senior team of any country. The switching rules assume that a player has previously played for one country and is now attempting to play for a different country. The only apparent proviso for representing any country is that the player must have a clear connection to that country🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:00 am Okonkwo must choose: commit now for Super Eagles or never, we can’t waste time.
He has already chosen Nigeria. Piss-ero just needs to call him up
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:29 am
pindal123 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:00 am Okonkwo must choose: commit now for Super Eagles or never, we can’t waste time.
No, he doesnt deserve a call up.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:33 am
This your kingdom Osayi, why didn't Peseiro pick him over Ojo if he is that good?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:05 am
This your kingdom Osayi, why didn't Peseiro pick him over Ojo if he is that good?
The same reason he picked Joe Aribo. He is scamming Nigeria. Pretending to be a coach. The man probably just stays in Portugal watching just European leagues on TV. That is why there are no home based players in the team. Ojo selection is just some one that he has previously invited.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Okonkwo my client is 1000x better than that GQ model poser in Udinese. Talent no dey hide. I expect him to join the SEs after the AFCON.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Agbako wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:52 pm So we have 3 prospects:

1. one is STARTING in the German FIRST DIVISION
2. one is STARTING in the Italian FIRST DIVISION
3. one is STARTING in the Norwegian FIRST DIVISION

And yet, Nigerians on CE are contemplating how a DIVISION 4 player will be our first choice goalkeeper. You guys are clearly unwell. There is absolutely no other explanation for your deep attraction to lower division players, than the fact that you guys are clearly sick in the head. Tueh! :oops:
Wooooo.. Danfo Osereeee.. Osa straight.. As sick sometimes I think you are. For me apart from Prof. Kid you are too intelligent for this bunch here. God Bless yo Yanfu Yanfu... I mean it....Cheers...
Danfo is typically on point... but na dat im NURTW mouth na dia di problem dey.
When it comes to talking better yarns he is up there with di best of dem.

How can a player with the ambition to play for the National team and they rather stay in Div 4 or in the Championship knowing that our lazy coach would still consider them?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:09 am

And yet, Nigerians on CE are contemplating how a DIVISION 4 player will be our first choice goalkeeper. You guys are clearly unwell. There is absolutely no other explanation for your deep attraction to lower division players, than the fact that you guys are clearly sick in the head. Tueh! :oops:
Wooooo.. Danfo Osereeee.. Osa straight.. As sick sometimes I think you are. For me apart from Prof. Kid you are too intelligent for this bunch here. God Bless yo Yanfu Yanfu... I mean it....Cheers...

How can a player with the ambition to play for the National team and they rather stay in Div 4 or in the Championship knowing that our lazy coach would still consider them?
What’s sad is you have forumers championing this sh1t…it’s like they have zero standards…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:12 am
Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:09 am

What’s sad is you have forumers championing this sh1t…it’s like they have zero standards…
Once he is foreign-based, he is good...
We got to at least have some standards.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:09 pm
anointed wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:00 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:17 pm Kingdom Osayi right now is better than Okonkwo, But goalkeepers are late bloomers.
Where did you see Osayi and/or Okonkwo in action before?
I am Arsenal fan. I have been following him from the U18 team, I have watched his game at Wrexham. I have watched Osayi at Doma.
I'd take that with a pinch of salt because you are always making things up. This week you claimed Iheanacho haven't played for Leicester in over a week and I cannot also forget how you said in 2015 you could see people from your window in the USA people voting in Surulere.

Nonetheless, a game each shouldn't be enough to conclude Osayi is better.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Blame the coaches, especially the Naijarian assistants for failing to make a case for Kingdom Osayi who is actually one of the better Keepers in the country. There's also a case to be made for Sodiq Ismail the rightback for Remo Stars who is one of the leaders in assists (top assist man playing as right-back). His crosses are sublime. 2nd year running that he is one of the top assist guys in the league. He should have at least have gotten an invite.

For goodness sake, CAF allows for 27 players. Alahassan should have been on the original 25 or 27 so too should have been Chuba Akpom and Sodiq Ismail.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:28 am
Blame the coaches, especially the Naijarian assistants for failing to make a case for Kingdom Osayi who is actually one of the better Keepers in the country. There's also a case to be made for Sodiq Ismail the rightback for Remo Stars who is one of the leaders in assists (top assist man playing as right-back). His crosses are sublime. 2nd year running that he is one of the top assist guys in the league. He should have at least have gotten an invite.

For goodness sake, CAF allows for 27 players. Alahassan should have been on the original 25 or 27 so too should have been Chuba Akpom and Sodiq Ismail.
The reality is Nwabili won't have received an invitation with a chance to start if he was playing in Nigeria. That is the fact of how much the manager thinks about locally based players even though his team (SE) was huffing and puffing at home against Lesotho that was full of Lesotho league players.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:50 am

The reality is Nwabili won't have received an invitation with a chance to start if he was playing in Nigeria. That is the fact of how much the manager thinks about locally based players even though his team (SE) was huffing and puffing at home against Lesotho that was full of Lesotho league players.
The reality is also that he probably has improved a great deal in SA for all sorts of reasons, including training facilities, personal comfort, regular income, a better league structure and a generally more professional approach to the game by the SAFA.
I know you like to dismiss these things and harp on talent alone but we will continue to emphasise the importance of the little things which make up the big things.

There’s a reason why both you and I carried our ‘talent’ abroad to become better professionals. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:51 pm

The reality is also that he probably has improved a great deal in SA for all sorts of reasons, including training facilities, personal comfort, regular income, a better league structure and a generally more professional approach to the game by the SAFA.
I know you like to dismiss these things and harp on talent alone but we will continue to emphasise the importance of the little things which make up the big things.

There’s a reason why both you and I carried our ‘talent’ abroad to become better professionals. :idea:
Yep from what I read he didn’t play much the first season he was bought from the NPFL, he needed a full season to improve and get up to speed and luck of a coaching change to start getting PT…IMO a NT is for refined talent, not raw talent.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Prof,

1. Do you actually think he's still the same goalie who left Nigeria for South Africa?

2. Do you assume he'd be the goalie he is today had he remained in Nigeria
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

anointed wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:03 pm
Prof,

1. Do you actually think he's still the same goalie who left Nigeria for South Africa?

2. Do you assume he'd be the goalie he is today had he remained in Nigeria
Anointed

How can he be? Ofcourse, he will change. However, even in Nigeria he was never same. Form isn't static. If he left South Africa to Nigeria, he may also improve.

Have you heard about effect of maturity on performance? It does exist but in a curvilinear trajectory.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:50 pm

Yep from what I read he didn’t play much the first season he was bought from the NPFL, he needed a full season to improve and get up to speed and luck of a coaching change to start getting PT…IMO a NT is for refined talent, not raw talent.
We can just speculate on things like how raw Nwabali used to be or how he has recently improved “a great deal” within a year just after moving to South Africa?

Somehow we were okay with the raw talent of Okoye when he was in the German 4th div and Uzoho when he was barely playing senior football. These guys played key matches for us and were not refined talents by any means and that’s a fact.

The bias here is that many of us, including the coaches and the NFF boss, sadly, think NPFL rawness must be more unacceptable compared to German 4th div rawness or Cypriot bench rawness?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:27 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:50 pm

We can just speculate on things like how raw Nwabali used to be or how he has recently improved “a great deal” within a year just after moving to South Africa?

Somehow we were okay with the raw talent of Okoye when he was in the German 4th div and Uzoho when he was barely playing senior football. These guys played key matches for us and were not refined talents by any means and that’s a fact.

The bias here is that many of us, including the coaches and the NFF boss, sadly, think NPFL rawness must be more unacceptable compared to German 4th div rawness or Cypriot bench rawness?
Don’t put me in that list abeg, if there’s anything I’ve been very consistent and was against a lower division Okoye, but even with that he had started to get on the bench of his 1st division team, even at that I was still against it, talk less of a pure 4th division player…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We are now back to promoting 4th division GK to become SE No.1 under the pretext of having a GK crisis.

The last 2 lower division GKs who were fast tracked to the SE No.1, We all saw the end product.

Although, there were more experienced GKs, somehow, lower divisions GKs are the way to go.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:58 pm We are now back to promoting 4th division GK to become SE No.1 under the pretext of having a GK crisis.

The last 2 lower division GKs who were fast tracked to the SE No.1, We all saw the end product.

Although, there were more experienced GKs, somehow, lower divisions GKs are the way to go.
Na today! Lower division players give Nigerians a deep excitement that nothing else can give them. Nothing sweets them more than seeing low level professionals. Same reason they saw a drug baron and a qualified professional and then went to vote for the drug baron! :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians need chaos. So they make sure to always seek for the worst option, so that they can have something to cry about when the worst option fails. Nigerians just dont know how they will survive if things go well. There will be nothing to complain about and that reality scares them. Tueh! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:58 pm We are now back to promoting 4th division GK to become SE No.1 under the pretext of having a GK crisis.

I went back and read some of the comments and some people are saying to cap him now and let him develop on his own. We don’t have to play him right away and the coach can let him know that. Most serious nations have their top 5 young goal keepers in waiting. England has James Traffird, Jason Steele, Angus Gunn, Freddie Woodman, Billy Crellin (all the big clubs want him) all waiting in line to take over from Pope, Ramsey and Pickford.

Nigeria capping Okonkwo is not different from big clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester city going after the players I named above. It’s not like the young keepers I named above will play right away once they sign for the big clubs. Okonkwo is not ready bait we can get him now if he’s serious about playing for us.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:51 pm

I went back and read some of the comments and some people are saying to cap him now and let him develop on his own. We don’t have to play him right away and the coach can let him know that. Most serious nations have their top 5 young goal keepers in waiting. England has James Traffird, Jason Steele, Angus Gunn, Freddie Woodman, Billy Crellin (all the big clubs want him) all waiting in line to take over from Pope, Ramsey and Pickford.

Nigeria capping Okonkwo is not different from big clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester city going after the players I named above. It’s not like the young keepers I named above will play right away once they sign for the big clubs. Okonkwo is not ready bait we can get him now if he’s serious about playing for us.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, your post is also weak, because like those ENGLISH players you mentioned in the English league system, who are eligible and available to play for their country, ENGLAND, I can also mention NIGERIAN players in the Nigerian League system, who are eligible and available to play for their country, NIGERIA.

The scotsman you listed, has gone to play for his country - SCOTLAND. He isn't waiting for ENGLAND, like you mentioned.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:00 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:51 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, your post is also weak, because like those ENGLISH players you mentioned in the English league system, who are eligible and available to play for their country, ENGLAND, I can also mention NIGERIAN players in the Nigerian League system, who are eligible and available to play for their country, NIGERIA.

The scotsman you listed, has gone to play for his country - SCOTLAND. He isn't waiting for ENGLAND, like you mentioned.
Even with my error, Gunn representing Scotland in 2023 proves my point. He was recruited by Manchester city but has been playing in the championship for stoke and Southampton (Div 2) in the last few years. Once Scotland saw a chance, they snapped him up. He has since made 7 appearances for them. Scotland is going to the Euro next year. I know we think we can beat every country in the world but I’m not sure on current form we’ll beat Scotland if we play them in a neutral site.