Tinubu Clears N12bn Outstanding Payment for Super Eagles, Others

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Tinubu Clears N12bn Outstanding Payment for Super Eagles, Others

Post by anointed »

Question is: can the NFF run an organization in a straightforward manner and will not owe coaches and players again?

Can the system run in such a way that coaches and players' entitlements are deducted and paid from source at CBN, where funds from foreign sources are received before disbursement?

UPDATED: Tinubu clears N12bn outstanding payment for Super Eagles, others

By
Adekunle Sulaimon

President Bola Tinubu has cleared the outstanding payment that the Federal Government owed the Super Eagles and other sporting teams of the country.

According to a statement on the X handle of Tinubu’s Media Centre, on Sunday, the payment entails the clearing of the senior national team coach salaries running up to 15 months, payments of allowances and promises due to the senior national teams, females, and Under-20 national team.
https://punchng.com/breaking-tinubu-cle ... es-others/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tinubu Clears N12bn Outstanding Payment for Super Eagles, Others

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:43 pm Question is: can the NFF run an organization in a straightforward manner and will not owe again?

Can the system run in such a way that coaches and players' entitlement are deducted and paid from source at CBN, where funds from foreign sources are received?

UPDATED: Tinubu clears N12bn outstanding payment for Super Eagles, others

By
Adekunle Sulaimon

President Bola Tinubu has cleared the outstanding payment that the Federal Government owed the Super Eagles and other sporting teams of the country.

According to a statement on the X handle of Tinubu’s Media Centre, on Sunday, the payment entails the clearing of the senior national team coach salaries running up to 15 months, payments of allowances and promises due to the senior national teams, females, and Under-20 national team.
https://punchng.com/breaking-tinubu-cle ... es-others/
No. The NFF cannot
    function at any respectable level because it doesn’t generate enough revenue from all possible sources combined. Without govt funding, I doubt they can even pay the security staff at the glass house.
    OCCUPY NFF!!
    anointed
    Flying Eagle
    Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:48 pm No. The NFF cannot
      function at any respectable level because it doesn’t generate enough revenue from all possible sources combined. Without govt funding, I doubt they can even pay the security staff at the glass house.
      I agree they aren't maximizing their revenue opportunities and, as a matter of fact, I believe revenues would have dropped in the last couple of years because we didn't qualify for the WC.

But then and seriously how judiciously have they spent whatever revenues came in? Where's the accounting? That organization needs to audited and put on its ties.

In going forward, there should be full disclosure of the sponsors they have. They hardly do that. In fact, I feel like their marketing should be outsourced to experienced private sector outfits. I believe that's what FIFA and CAF do but not sure. Let them take their commissions but it can boost revenues.
      TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
      For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
      EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:15 pm
      EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:48 pm No. The NFF cannot
        I agree they aren't maximizing their revenue opportunities and, as a matter of fact, I believe revenues would have dropped in the last couple of years because we didn't qualify for the WC.

But then and seriously how judiciously have they spent whatever revenues came in? Where's the accounting? That organization needs to audited and put on its ties.

In going forward, there should be full disclosure of the sponsors they have. They hardly do that. In fact, I feel like their marketing should be outsourced to experienced private sector outfits. I believe that's what FIFA and CAF do but not sure. Let them take their commissions but it can boost revenues.
        That will never happen. There’ll be nothing left to chop.
        OCCUPY NFF!!
        fabio
        Eaglet
        Eaglet

Post by fabio »

What did Pinnick do with all the money in 8 years?
        By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
        ohenhen1
        Flying Eagle
        Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The question is there any oversight on how the money will be spent?
        Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
        cchinukw
        Eaglet
        Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

fabio wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:51 pm What did Pinnick do with all the money in 8 years?
        Taking PR classes and plotting his next political move beyond football.

I'm sure he left behind a trove full of powerpoint slides for any fool who'd care.
        MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
        DIMKA76
        Egg
        Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

FIFA are partly to blame for creating conditions for corruption to thrive.
        WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!