MY TUPPENCE: On 27 or 25 players.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
MY TUPPENCE: On 27 or 25 players.....

Post by Enugu II »

For whatever it is worth, we know that both the NFF and Peseiro have blamed the other for being responsible in naming 25 instead of the maximum 27 players. First let's be clear: CAF does not require teams to name 27 players but expects each team to name an adequate number of players (max 27) to participate in this tournament. CAF shall not accept changes to a named squad, after a specified deadline.

Given the above, what do I think happened? Please bear in mind that this is simply based on my own reading of the situation guided by recent happenings with the NFF and the national team. I explain below.

1. NFF realizes that some aspects of the preparation for this tournament will lead to costs borne by the NFF and that will not be refunded by CAF.

2. NFF has been in dire straits due to inadequate funds. (a) This has led to several players owed match bonuses for a while, (b) Peseiro being forced to scale down his wages (c) a previous unsuccessful attempt by the NFF to force Peseiro to name HB players in each list of invitees for games and paring the number of players invited from outside the country.

Given the above, my reading of this situation is that the NFF may have forced Peseiro to either name a reduced squad or fill the 27 with HB players. Naming 25 was, perhaps, a compromise, with NFF achieving a lesser number of players called to camp and Peseiro staving off the pressure to call up HB players.

Now, no one wants to carry the can in front of the media questioning. Peseiro has attempted to do so by indicating that having 25 players is more manageable with training. That is good enough for the NFF, I think.

Please note that the above is simply based on an informed-conjecture that relies on previous related stories.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MY TUPPENCE: On 27 or 25 players.....

Post by vancity eagle »

You are days late.

Of course the NFF mandated only 25 players to "save money"

But I don't buy for a second the "we have no money" excuse.

How does war torn Mali have the money for 27 players ?

What of Burkina Faso ? I do not believe for one second that these countries have the means yet Nigeria does not.

The truth is that these cretins running our football are corrupt pieces of trash. There is no need to speculate any further than that. They only care about lining their pockets and that is the same reason they initially mandated 3 homebased players to "save money" on airfare.

But the money is not being saved, IT IS BEING CHOPPED.

The truth is not hard to see if you are honestly looking for it.

These clowns have been and are currently destroying our SE.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:43 pm
Isn't it obvious this Pisseiro basta*d is out to sabotage the team's success at the AFCON? so this retarded excuse of a coach actually went against NFF directives and invited 25 players? like why hasn't a mob of angry Nigerian fans done the needful on this man already?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:50 pm
Isn't it obvious this Pisseiro basta*d is out to sabotage the team's success at the AFCON? so this retarded excuse of a coach actually went against NFF directives and invited 25 players? like why hasn't a mob of angry Nigerian fans done the needful on this man already?
In his interview with the NFF media coordinator he said NFF asked for 25 and he agreed, I don’t think it was his idea but he stupidly went along with it…like all the other stupid ish he’s been doing…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:50 pm
I'm sorry but you are a FOOL if you believe this nonsense.

Why would a coach deny 2 extra players ? I ask again is Pesseiro footing the bill for those 2 extra players ?

Who is footing the bill ?

Who is known to "cut costs" ?

Who is known to "chop money" ?

Don't be an emotional FOOL.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Same eeediots who will try and convince us that Pissero "chose Musa" when the past 3 coaches all "chose him" as well and we have Pinnick on tape admitting what was done.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:52 pm Same eeediots who will try and convince us that Pissero "chose Musa" when the past 3 coaches all "chose him" as well and we have Pinnick on tape admitting what was done.
VE

You are WRONG. If Peseiro wanted 27 he definitely would have voiced it in his media interview. Is there any place where you can find evidence that he asked for 27? Please provide the link. I stated this because Peseiro has stated that he wanted 25.

I believe he agreed to 256 because he may have refused NFF adding players to the list to reach 27 because of cost. AS I noted, I admit that I do not have evidence either. However, given statements made by Peseiro, NFF's long held issues with funding and past request to deal with funding issues by having HB players, I have an inkling that the named 25 was an outcome of a final negotiation between NFF and Peseriro.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:49 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:52 pm Same eeediots who will try and convince us that Pissero "chose Musa" when the past 3 coaches all "chose him" as well and we have Pinnick on tape admitting what was done.
VE

You are WRONG. If Peseiro wanted 27 he definitely would have voiced it in his media interview. Is there any place where you can find evidence that he asked for 27? Please provide the link. I stated this because Peseiro has stated that he wanted 25.

I believe he agreed to 256 because he may have refused NFF adding players to the list to reach 27 because of cost. AS I noted, I admit that I do not have evidence either. However, given statements made by Peseiro, NFF's long held issues with funding and past request to deal with funding issues by having HB players, I have an inkling that the named 25 was an outcome of a final negotiation between NFF and Peseriro.

Tobi Adepoju is in the know about these sorts of things. Therefore I take his comments at face value.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Maybe it is just me sha but what is the big deal if it is 25 or 27 that were invited. I mean it is good to have 2 additional players but 25 is good enough to prosecute this tournament. Kai! We like to argue sha. Even CAF na wahala organization. Just give a number each federation can bring to the tournament and keep it moving. Haba. Even WC sef has a certain number you can bring so why all the unnecessary drama...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:49 am
VE

EII I am not wrong.

Peseiro according to reports blamed the NFF for 25. He did say that he WENT ALONG WITH IT. That doesnt mean that it was HIS idea.

After all Pissero IS A YES MAN.

He said YES to Musa, but Musa was not his idea, and neither was the 25.

Pissero has LIED to the Nigerian public.

He LIED about his reasons for choosing Musa, and yes he may LIE about who is ultimately responsible for the 25.

But its obvious for anybody with a thinking brain that those who benefit from leaving out 2 players are those WHO HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

And when that party, the NFF, have a long history of CORRUPTION, and have an actual history of FORCING HB PLAYERS ON TO PISSERO TO SAVE MONEY then you would be a fool to believe the 25 players is down to Pissero.