4 scenarios long suffering SuperEagles' fans must prepare for.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
4 scenarios long suffering SuperEagles' fans must prepare for.

Post by OJI »

1) Nigeria does not get out of the group stage. Injuries, bad luck, poor officiating, poor match tactics, game management, poor analysis of the match, superior opponent, goalie howlers, players succumbing to unusual weather, late night partying, NFF interference, etc Whatever. Decision on Peseirio, and the soul searching in the NFF begins. Expect the unexpected.

2) Nigeria exits in the group or quarterfinal stage. Decision on Peseirio. NFF absolved of any responsibility.

3) Nigeria loses in the semifinal stage or in the final. Keep Peserio? As per contract, discussion automatic begins with option to extend contract, and naturally get better terms for the coach. More money problems for the NFF.

4) Nigeria wins. Adds another medal to its trophy shelf. In their euphoria, fans clamor to keep Peseiro. "He knows the players. WC qualifying is coming up in June. He is good. Finally found his tactics" Blah, blah, blah. Keep Peserio? Select a new coach who will likely experiment with players with no friendly before the June WC qualifiers?

There is more pain, anguish, and anxiety coming up in 2024. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Fans of the SuperEagles of Nigeria, use this 2023 TotalEnergiesAFCON as a palliative.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: 4 scenarios long suffering SuperEagles' fans must prepare for.

Post by olu »

I no longer know what to expect from this team. This could be our worst AFCON in ages or things may just click and fall in place. My feeling tho is the team will start slowly and end up getting knocked out in the QF or SF.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The worst outcome is for another golden bronze triggering an extension for Peseiro. The two best options for Nigeria is either to play well and win the competition or fail spectacularly. I know it is an extreme view. But that is what we need to either continue with Peseiro or do a complete overhaul.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:24 pm I no longer know what to expect from this team. This could be our worst AFCON in ages or things may just click and fall in place. My feeling tho is the team will start slowly and end up getting knocked out in the QF or SF.
It’ll be very hard to beat the last one as the ‘worstest’ AFCON performances.

People are not talking about it because too many were complicit in the disaster by advocating for a change of coach when and how it happened.
It’s easier to blame the NFF, clean mouth and be looking.
But we all know all those that agreed with that decision and even pushed for it.

I doubt we can engineer a worse outcome in a long, long time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

CIV vs NGR 5-0. Be prepared.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:40 pm
olu wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:24 pm I no longer know what to expect from this team. This could be our worst AFCON in ages or things may just click and fall in place. My feeling tho is the team will start slowly and end up getting knocked out in the QF or SF.
It’ll be very hard to beat the last one as the ‘worstest’ AFCON performances.

People are not talking about it because too many were complicit in the disaster by advocating for a change of coach when and how it happened.
It’s easier to blame the NFF, clean mouth and be looking.
But we all know all those that agreed with that decision and even pushed for it.

I doubt we can engineer a worse outcome in a long, long time.
At least we won the group beating every team in it only conceding 1 goal, outplaying Tunisia but going out based on some mistakes. The scenarios here are we don’t even make it out the group in an expanded AFCON where 3 teams can make it out. Man that would be a disaster of crazy proportions!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

My mind fully prepared for scenario 2) Nigeria exits in the group or quarterfinal stage. Decision on Peseirio. NFF absolved of any responsibility.... a pleasant surprise is fully welcome. Win-win situation for me :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Definitely #2! This team and its coach staff aren't good enough!

2) Nigeria exits in the group or quarterfinal stage. Decision on Peseirio. NFF is absolved of any responsibility.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Unfortunately for some of you, performances by people actually doing their Jobs are not affected by bad belle by JBless people.
YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:01 pm My mind fully prepared for scenario 2) Nigeria exits in the group or quarterfinal stage. Decision on Peseirio. NFF absolved of any responsibility.... a pleasant surprise is fully welcome. Win-win situation for me :mrgreen:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robotnik wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 pm CIV vs NGR 5-0. Be prepared.
If Pissero even contemplates a 2 man midfield against CIV, we will deserve the flogging we will get.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:27 pm Definitely #2! This team and its coach staff aren't good enough!

2) Nigeria exits in the group or quarterfinal stage. Decision on Peseirio. NFF is absolved of any responsibility.
You guys are aware that there is a 2nd round right ? I mean we've already had 2 expanded afcons. Is memory that poor ?

So why must it be group or quarters ?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:31 pm The worst outcome is for another golden bronze triggering an extension for Peseiro. The two best options for Nigeria is either to play well and win the competition or fail spectacularly. I know it is an extreme view. But that is what we need to either continue with Peseiro or do a complete overhaul.
Which kind extreme view! This is the only view, my friend! For me, the two options are:

1. Win the AFCON: or
2. get knocked out in the first round, getting destroyed in the 3 games.

Simple as that! I am not doing in-between! We are winning this sh1t or NOT and the NOT is we are getting destroyed, so we can move on and get someone else, abeg! Enough is enough!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:45 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:27 pm Definitely #2! This team and its coach staff aren't good enough!

You guys are aware that there is a 2nd round right ? I mean we've already had 2 expanded afcons. Is memory that poor ?

Round of 16? Yes, we will be lucky to get that far! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I'm preparing for a group stage exit
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:00 pm I'm preparing for a group stage exit
Yup same here, nothing about this team or coach inspires a dint of confidence in me...I would have picked a significantly better team than this one for FREE
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...something shiiittty gonna happen. Nigeria is alike a box of chocolate you never know what you gonna get.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

OJI wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:09 pm 1) Nigeria does not get out of the group stage. Injuries, bad luck, poor officiating, poor match tactics, game management, poor analysis of the match, superior opponent, goalie howlers, players succumbing to unusual weather, late night partying, NFF interference, etc Whatever. Decision on Peseirio, and the soul searching in the NFF begins. Expect the unexpected.

2) Nigeria exits in the group or quarterfinal stage. Decision on Peseirio. NFF absolved of any responsibility.

3) Nigeria loses in the semifinal stage or in the final. Keep Peserio? As per contract, discussion automatic begins with option to extend contract, and naturally get better terms for the coach. More money problems for the NFF.

4) Nigeria wins. Adds another medal to its trophy shelf. In their euphoria, fans clamor to keep Peseiro. "He knows the players. WC qualifying is coming up in June. He is good. Finally found his tactics" Blah, blah, blah. Keep Peserio? Select a new coach who will likely experiment with players with no friendly before the June WC qualifiers?

There is more pain, anguish, and anxiety coming up in 2024. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Fans of the SuperEagles of Nigeria, use this 2023 TotalEnergiesAFCON as a palliative.
This has always been the story of Super Eagles since its founding :lol: . By the way, it was nice seeing you at Swahili Village.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Reading these responses is very depressing. Thank God Incan watch the NFL playoffs and Asian Cup in case things go south for us.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

To be honest, I'd get rid of Peseiro in almost any event.

Unless it was a coaching master-stroke.

Anything short of a coaching master-stroke and I think he should be fired promptly.

Even if we win Afcon, but the tactics were erratic, and individual brilliance somehow got us past the line, I'd fire him.

His resume has been too bad, that anything short of perfection and he should be fired. So the idea that he gets to the semi-final or final and it saves his job is laughable to me.

That is not enough. Perfection or he goes. We have world cup qualifiers to worry about, we cannot risk it unless he shows us something beyond compelling. So far I would say he has been very much below average.

You would be better off with a basic employment of someone like Eguavoen. So what exactly.is the point? Why are we trying to justify this guy when Eguaoven would do a better job for cheaper?

He needs to prove why and in stunning fashion.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:45 pm

You are 100% right. Meant to type Round of 16 in scenario 2, as exit in the group stage was scenario 1. Stuck in copy, and paste mode.

It should be ...
2) Nigeria exits in the Round of 16 or quarterfinal stage.