Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by danfo driver »

Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:14 am What about journalists. Colin Udoh, Ed Dove, Sulaiman Folarin, Oluwashina Okeleji, Toyin Ibitoye. Who will come out and vouch for him. Who will say "I know him well, he is a wonderful guy". I'm waiting. I have been following this guy's career for two decades and let me just say, I never hear good things about him off the pitch.

But I am waiting. Maybe I will have to eat humble pies. Mikel Obi has been rubbishing this guy that everyone loves, adores and respect. So let us wait for the backlash that Mikel will face. Oh, how Segun Odegbami is going to scold him now!
This one thinks he is important :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

OJI wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:19 am Hold on.

In all these SuperEagles 94 reunions (matches, personal celebrations or political get togethers), one rarely sees Chidi Nwanu, Sunday Oliseh, Samson Siasia, Efan Ekoku, and Michael Emenalo. Michael Emenalo one can partially understand with his Chelsea, and now Saudi administrative commitments. Chidi Nwanu basically gave up on all things football, and is supposedly a pastor. Chidi doesn't have much positive things to stay with his last years in the SuperEagles. Efan Ekoku basically has nothing to do with Nigerian football anymore.

It appears from his FIFA interview, Sunday Oliseh acknowledges he, and others never really got along with each other in that 94 set up.

I believe the environment then was not set up for cordial relationships given how players were selected, and favored. Some rather unhealthy competition, and rather overall bad experience for most of those involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJkKN3pi6E
Or maybe they just outgrew each other, it happens. There are many folks I used to chill with when I was younger but we've since grown apart and gone off into different directions in life, there's no acrimony or anything. I'm sure the '94 boys have memorable feelings of what they created together but they aren't conjoined in the hip, they have lives to live.

As for this podcast, as many have said there are two sides to every story. It will be interesting to hear Oliseh's side but based on what has come out about him in other situations I'm not shocked about Mikel's damning statements about him.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 am Mikel Obi might just end up being the single best thing to happen to Nigerian football.

Oliseh on the other hand has done more harm to Nigerian football than good. His exploits in the 90s does not make up for the damage he has done of late. Breaking up the team, affecting our performances, and denying us 3-5 good years of our GOAT.

Mikel has plans to shake things up in the NFF. That is what you call net positive.

Not some of these so called lame #$% legends, they do one or two good things for the country and then because of that they think they are entitled to doing 3-5 bad things.

Mikel is not just sitting on an arm chair rubbishing people. He actually plans to put his money where his mouth is for positive change. Oliseh is a very negative human being.

Thank you for that rocket against Spain, but....the damage you have been doing to our football lately is simply too much. More power to Mikel. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Oliseh is not perfect, he has his temper issues. But he has done a lot for Nigeria. He has won Afcon and an Olympic gold medal for Nigeria. The NFF kicked Oliseh of the team in 2002 because he fought for player rights. The same way they kicked Enyeama off the team because Enyeama wanted to stand up to the NFF. You don't know what you are talking about.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:11 am The only problem I had with the podcast besides the accent is his use of the word witchcraft as a verb.
Leave stone and chop rice, Mr English teacher.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:11 am

In all these SuperEagles 94 reunions (matches, personal celebrations or political get togethers), one rarely sees Chidi Nwanu, Sunday Oliseh, Samson Siasia, Efan Ekoku, and Michael Emenalo. Michael Emenalo one can partially understand with his Chelsea, and now Saudi administrative commitments. Chidi Nwanu basically gave up on all things football, and is supposedly a pastor. Chidi doesn't have much positive things to stay with his last years in the SuperEagles. Efan Ekoku basically has nothing to do with Nigerian football anymore.

It appears from his FIFA interview, Sunday Oliseh acknowledges he, and others never really got along with each other in that 94 set up.

I believe the environment then was not set up for cordial relationships given how players were selected, and favored. Some rather unhealthy competition, and rather overall bad experience for most of those involved.

Or maybe they just outgrew each other, it happens. There are many folks I used to chill with when I was younger but we've since grown apart and gone off into different directions in life, there's no acrimony or anything. I'm sure the '94 boys have memorable feelings of what they created together but they aren't conjoined in the hip, they have lives to live.

As for this podcast, as many have said there are two sides to every story. It will be interesting to hear Oliseh's side but based on what has come out about him in other situations I'm not shocked about Mikel's damning statements about him.
There are three sides in this case and 2 of them have already corroborated what happened and confirmed the guys managerial style does not work. As you can see Mikel said he had many fights with Keshi (I’m sure Enyeama did too as well), but privately, not done in public around other players to humiliate the leaders of the team like Oliseh tried to do.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Some of them blamed him for the loss against Italy. They said his short fuse caused him to kick the ball out of touch when he could have passed the ball to a teammate.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:49 am
Tbite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 am Mikel Obi might just end up being the single best thing to happen to Nigerian football.

Oliseh on the other hand has done more harm to Nigerian football than good. His exploits in the 90s does not make up for the damage he has done of late. Breaking up the team, affecting our performances, and denying us 3-5 good years of our GOAT.

Mikel has plans to shake things up in the NFF. That is what you call net positive.

Not some of these so called lame #$% legends, they do one or two good things for the country and then because of that they think they are entitled to doing 3-5 bad things.

Mikel is not just sitting on an arm chair rubbishing people. He actually plans to put his money where his mouth is for positive change. Oliseh is a very negative human being.

Thank you for that rocket against Spain, but....the damage you have been doing to our football lately is simply too much. More power to Mikel. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Oliseh is not perfect, he has his temper issues. But he has done a lot for Nigeria. He has won Afcon and an Olympic gold medal for Nigeria. The NFF kicked Oliseh of the team in 2002 because he fought for player rights. The same way they kicked Enyeama off the team because Enyeama wanted to stand up to the NFF. You don't know what you are talking about.
Ohenhen thank you so much for this!

Oliseh’s career both as a player and a coach speaks for itself. I believe that he is the best coach internationally that Nigeria has ever produced. Can’t think of anyone else.

Likes of Late Keshi, Kate Amodu even Siasia had better coaching careers in the national team but not internationally….

The podcast actually says a lot about Mikel than anyone else…

Oliseh has a poor poor man management issue not so much anger but relations . He is very confrontational as a person but nice to chill with.

He came into the NFF and national team on the mandate to clear house, set things straight and he overdid things….that does not deserve castigation by anyone let alone Mikel

Mikel had a great career but let’s not make it out like he was the Nigerian Messi…. He had the potential to be but wasted it the day he picked Chelsea and Money over United and Ferguson.

You can call ur friends and co to ur podcast but once u start swearing and castigating ppl, others will think hard before they turn up….

The smart move would have been to invite Oliseh and politely interview him and thrash out their differences on air that would have elevated his podcast.

Btw to my ex-wife (danfo driver) I will keep ignoring you. Stop seeking attention by mentioning my name in ur posts….insults incoming
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are you among those that witchcraft Oliseh?
Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:10 am
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:11 am The only problem I had with the podcast besides the accent is his use of the word witchcraft as a verb.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The Origin
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... liseh.html

Why I snubbed Mikel – Oliseh
byTunde Eludini - August 20, 2015

Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has revealed why Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel was not on the list of invited players for the match against Tanzania on September 5, Oliseh’s first as head of Nigeria’s national side.

Many fans had queried the new coach for omitting Mikel from his 18-man foreign pro list for the Tanzania game, but the Eagles gaffer made a shocking revelation on Thursday, saying Mikel refused to have a word with him despite all the channel of communication he opened with the midfielder.

Oliseh revealed that aside the several phone calls and SMS messages to Mikel, the player also failed to show up at a planned meeting in London, which his club teammate Victor Moses gladly attended.

“Till now I have not spoken with Mikel,” Oliseh began in his interview with the NFF’s official website.

He continued: “I have contacted him on several occasions with no reply; sent him an SMS with no reply, went to London where he plays in the same club with Victor Moses, Moses came to the meeting we spoke but he (Mikel) didn’t come, I eventually told Moses to say hello to him.

Though Oliseh has made efforts to get across to Mikel he was quick to state that no player is indispensable and thus would not go around trying to cajole any player.

“No player is special, every player is the same, every other player we contacted and spoke with have been invited them…” Oliseh stated.

The Super Eagles Coach said he would not hastily pass judgement on Mikel even though there have been outrage in several quarters over Mikel’s perceived lackadaisical attitude to national team matters in recent years.

“I cannot really pass judgement on a player I have not spoken with, so that is it for now,“ Oliseh concluded.

Mikel has not played for Nigeria since the Super Eagles missed out of qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup Nations hosted by Equatorial Guinea.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The Very Origin before Oliseh

KOC's Maseru Report
Post by KoC » Fri Oct 13, 2006
viewtopic.php?p=1106538#p1106538

Mikel situation
The one sour angle to all this was the Mikel situation. All the players are very upset with Mikel for not turning up. Almost everyone compared him to Kanu, saying he hadn’t achieved as much as Papilo and yet he was doing big man.
The general feeling is that Mikel is feeling like a ‘Big Boy’ because he plays for Chelsea, and I suspect he wont get hugs and kisses the next time he shows up in camp.
I will post the story of the saga later.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The Aftershock

Oliseh accuses Mikel, Enyeama of sabotage
byTunde Eludini
July 24, 2016
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... tml?tztc=1

Former Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has fingered goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, current captain John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses as key figures that tried to derail him during his time as the Super Eagles coach.

Oliseh had a misunderstanding with Mikel soon after he came on as Keshi’s replacement last July and also fell out with Enyeama at a training camp in Belgium.

Speaking on some of the events that transpired during his short reign as the Nigeria coach, Oliseh suggested that Mikel and Enyeama tried to sabotage him, while also berating Moses for not showing enough commitment to him.

“My first official act was to call the team Captain Vincent Enyeama to rub minds and fix an appointment to see him. Same act was accorded to John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses of Chelsea. All except for Obi Mikel picked up my call and Mikel even ignored my eventual sms,” Oliseh wrote on his personal website.

“Went to London to see Mikel & Moses but could only see Moses as Mikel did not reply my calls & we could not get a hold of him.

“Moses came 2 ½ half hours late to our meeting but none the less we had a productive talk in company of my assistant, Jean Francois Losciuto.”

Writing further about his first few weeks on the job, Oliseh claims both Moses and Enyeama turned their backs on him at the time he was in dire need of their services

“Three weeks to my first official game in charge of the Super Eagles, vs Tanzania, and the invitations were sent out to the clubs, 2 weeks to the game Victor Moses opted out citing fear of contracting an injury whilst playing for Nigeria in favour of his club via a written letter to the Team manager of the Super Eagles.

“Most players reported to camp on Monday prior to the Tanzania game, Vincent Enyeama was supposed to fly in Tuesday Morning, only for me to be surprisingly informed via sms that he was skipping the game because he lost the mum some weeks earlier.

“I called him up and made an agreement with him, as I needed not only my captain and such a good goalkeeper for my opening game, that if he came for the game on Friday I would release him to go to the village after the game and skip the friendly game versus Niger scheduled for 3 days later after the Tanzania encounter, which he agreed.

“The team was scheduled to fly out on Thursday. On Wednesday afternoon Enyeama called to say he was not coming for the game, definitively.

“I was shocked as we had an agreement, we needed his experience, leadership and I was aware he was yet to miss a training session for his club side talk less of a league game,” said Oliseh.

Oliseh has been vociferous this weekend about his ill-fated reign as the Nigeria national team coach.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You forgot to mention when he was severely ill, and risked his life to come into the pitch to change the game for us.

Since then, we have had healthy people skip games/camp :lol: :lol: it is well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:16 pm Are you among those that witchcraft Oliseh?
Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:10 am
No, just among those who pushed the cancerous Enyeama out of our team for good! he will always be remembered more for how his SE career ended, than the career itself. Says a lot. :oops: :oops:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The Ongoing Battle...

Ndidi better then Mikel - Oliseh -> https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/leicest ... bdc980ae76
Mikel to Oliseh: Stop Looking for Unnecessary Attention -> https://owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/02/m ... attention/

... and many more, including numerous CE posts (KoC etc) referencing Oliseh's and Mikel's attitude in the national team.

Just to add a little context to the issues mentioned in the podcast :mrgreen: .

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:42 pm

You forgot to mention when he was severely ill, and risked his life to come into the pitch to change the game for us.

Since then, we have had healthy people skip games/camp :lol: :lol: it is well.
Thank you! AFCON 2000.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Last edited by danfo driver on Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:41 pm “Three weeks to my first official game in charge of the Super Eagles, vs Tanzania, and the invitations were sent out to the clubs, 2 weeks to the game Victor Moses opted out citing fear of contracting an injury whilst playing for Nigeria in favour of his club via a written letter to the Team manager of the Super Eagles.
Like I said, some people come into the game to wear our shirt when they are sick, others do otherwise. It is well.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:41 pm “Most players reported to camp on Monday prior to the Tanzania game, Vincent Enyeama was supposed to fly in Tuesday Morning, only for me to be surprisingly informed via sms that he was skipping the game because he lost the mum some weeks earlier.

“I called him up and made an agreement with him, as I needed not only my captain and such a good goalkeeper for my opening game, that if he came for the game on Friday I would release him to go to the village after the game and skip the friendly game versus Niger scheduled for 3 days later after the Tanzania encounter, which he agreed.

“The team was scheduled to fly out on Thursday. On Wednesday afternoon Enyeama called to say he was not coming for the game, definitively.

“I was shocked as we had an agreement, we needed his experience, leadership and I was aware he was yet to miss a training session for his club side talk less of a league game,” said Oliseh.
Like I said, some people are pretending to forget what actually happened. The highlighted was why Oliseh's was actually stunned and disappointed.

Personally, i think Oliseh should have let it go. People mourn differently and it was a very very discey situation. I understand why he felt "we had a deal" and "why would you feel comfortable ignoring Nigeria, but you were 100% for your club even closer to the date your Mom passed. Especially for a guy (Oliseh) who was ready to literally die on the pitch for Nigeria, I can imagine he wouldnt be able to wrap his head around why someone else cannot also do the same for Nigeria. But I think thats one quality a leader should have -- being able to understand that not everyone is you and be empathetic to people's situation. He should have called Enyeama, accepted his position, and tell him he will see him at the funeral. Go to the funeral, support him there and leave it at that. Then maybe 1 month later, fly to his club-base and have a meeting with him, where you express your complete disappointment that he reneged on your agreement with him. Enyeama would respect you more, thereafter. sigh.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:53 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:41 pm “Three weeks to my first official game in charge of the Super Eagles, vs Tanzania, and the invitations were sent out to the clubs, 2 weeks to the game Victor Moses opted out citing fear of contracting an injury whilst playing for Nigeria in favour of his club via a written letter to the Team manager of the Super Eagles.
Like I said, some people come into the game to wear our shirt when they are sick, others do otherwise. It is well.
Exactly, they can massage history but they can never change the facts.

We know those who treated the national team as a sacred place and top priority where you must give your all and we know those who treated it the Gen-Z way "It's not that serious now... why are they getting all worked up?" :mrgreen:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:02 pm

We know those who treated the national team as a sacred place and top priority where you must give your all and we know those who treated it the Gen-Z way "It's not that serious now... why are they getting all worked up?" :mrgreen:
Bro, thats why I fell in love with the SE. It wasnt even because we were winning at that time, trophies, performance etc.. It was the "I will die for this team, the players had!" When we lost, some players cried!

Since then, we are now inviting taxi drivers, Hey Yous, Div 2 and 3 players. When we lose, they go on social media and post their cars and champagne. They choose which games to attend, when to attend etc etc etc.. Whatever!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

No gree for anybody
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I wonder how Mikel and Oliseh interacted during the 2016 Rio Olympic Games?
Oliseh was very visible in the Nigerian camp as part of a FIFA technical group for the football tournament while Mikel was the captain of the Nigerian team.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:02 pm

Some people here ^^^ (name withheld for sake of national peace) look like they have talisman. No principalities and witchcrafting by them against our coaches will succeed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.