Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mikel Obi: “Sunday Oliseh had no clue as Manager”

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:10 am
olu wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:50 am Also, I thought Oliseh resigned as SE manager after a few games in charge. Was he fired and did he really cite witchcraft as the reason he didn't succeed?
Olu

He resigned just before the last leg of a qualifier[AFCON?]. Yes, he cited witchcraft as the cause of a supposedly mysterious sickness that he suffered at the time.
He resigned to go and attend to his health.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:32 am
olu wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:50 am Also, I thought Oliseh resigned as SE manager after a few games in charge. Was he fired and did he really cite witchcraft as the reason he didn't succeed?
Olu

He resigned just before the last leg of a qualifier[AFCON?]. Yes, he cited witchcraft as the cause of a supposedly mysterious sickness that he suffered at the time.
Which he believed was down to witchcraft from his ‘enemies’.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:31 pm The Origin
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... liseh.html

Why I snubbed Mikel – Oliseh
byTunde Eludini - August 20, 2015

Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has revealed why Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel was not on the list of invited players for the match against Tanzania on September 5, Oliseh’s first as head of Nigeria’s national side.

Many fans had queried the new coach for omitting Mikel from his 18-man foreign pro list for the Tanzania game, but the Eagles gaffer made a shocking revelation on Thursday, saying Mikel refused to have a word with him despite all the channel of communication he opened with the midfielder.

Oliseh revealed that aside the several phone calls and SMS messages to Mikel, the player also failed to show up at a planned meeting in London, which his club teammate Victor Moses gladly attended.

“Till now I have not spoken with Mikel,” Oliseh began in his interview with the NFF’s official website.

He continued: “I have contacted him on several occasions with no reply; sent him an SMS with no reply, went to London where he plays in the same club with Victor Moses, Moses came to the meeting we spoke but he (Mikel) didn’t come, I eventually told Moses to say hello to him.

Though Oliseh has made efforts to get across to Mikel he was quick to state that no player is indispensable and thus would not go around trying to cajole any player.

“No player is special, every player is the same, every other player we contacted and spoke with have been invited them…” Oliseh stated.

The Super Eagles Coach said he would not hastily pass judgement on Mikel even though there have been outrage in several quarters over Mikel’s perceived lackadaisical attitude to national team matters in recent years.

“I cannot really pass judgement on a player I have not spoken with, so that is it for now,“ Oliseh concluded.

Mikel has not played for Nigeria since the Super Eagles missed out of qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup Nations hosted by Equatorial Guinea.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:46 am

Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has revealed why Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel was not on the list of invited players for the match against Tanzania on September 5, Oliseh’s first as head of Nigeria’s national side.

Many fans had queried the new coach for omitting Mikel from his 18-man foreign pro list for the Tanzania game, but the Eagles gaffer made a shocking revelation on Thursday, saying Mikel refused to have a word with him despite all the channel of communication he opened with the midfielder.

Oliseh revealed that aside the several phone calls and SMS messages to Mikel, the player also failed to show up at a planned meeting in London, which his club teammate Victor Moses gladly attended.

“Till now I have not spoken with Mikel,” Oliseh began in his interview with the NFF’s official website.

He continued: “I have contacted him on several occasions with no reply; sent him an SMS with no reply, went to London where he plays in the same club with Victor Moses, Moses came to the meeting we spoke but he (Mikel) didn’t come, I eventually told Moses to say hello to him.

Though Oliseh has made efforts to get across to Mikel he was quick to state that no player is indispensable and thus would not go around trying to cajole any player.

“No player is special, every player is the same, every other player we contacted and spoke with have been invited them…” Oliseh stated.

The Super Eagles Coach said he would not hastily pass judgement on Mikel even though there have been outrage in several quarters over Mikel’s perceived lackadaisical attitude to national team matters in recent years.

“I cannot really pass judgement on a player I have not spoken with, so that is it for now,“ Oliseh concluded.

Mikel has not played for Nigeria since the Super Eagles missed out of qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup Nations hosted by Equatorial Guinea.
Damunk

I think attaching a timeline to the story above matters. It possibly occurred after Oliseh had clearly indicated his feelings about both Enyeama and Mikel. Mikel refusing to meet was likely in response.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:05 pm

Damunk

I think attaching a timeline to the story above matters. It possibly occurred after Oliseh had clearly indicated his feelings about both Enyeama and Mikel. Mikel refusing to meet was likely in response.
Mikel should have done justice to all that in his podcast. Stating that the manager made several attempts to reach out to him "before or after" would have left a better taste than what was emphasized but that was clearly not his goal.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ok, this thread has gone too long , are some of you that idle or just bored , that you are digging up 10 freaking years of interviews etc. What is wrong with you people on CE? Some of una worse pass women. move the freak on . My goodness, AFCON starts today, but busy bodied men in their 50s are still going back and forth over trash and beef with two grown men . Haba e don do
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:48 pm

Damunk

Mikel should have done justice to all that in his podcast. Stating that the manager made several attempts to reach out to him "before or after" would have left a better taste than what was emphasized but that was clearly not his goal.
Yemi

That would be unlikely. Most people generally tell a story from their viewpoint. As far as he is probably concerned, his story is the initial encounter. It is left for Oliseh to focus on his own attempts to set up a bridge.

Note that in the story you posted, Oliseh did not mention why Mikel ignored his attempts! Instead, Oliseh focused on his own attempt to reach out to Mikel. 😆 🤣
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bell wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:24 am I'VE HEARD PIECES FROM BOTH SIDES NOW, BUT...

...I still hesitate to take a strong side either way. That's because I wouldn't be comfortable doing so without being very close to the situation. Even then, it may be necessary to know the motivation of both parties, something that's hidden in their hearts. It's conceivable that both sides meant well but have conflicting ways of going about it. Or maybe it's a case of misunderstanding left unclarified and allowed to become mutual suspicion. These things happen in life.

Now on the matter of who was a better player for both club and country I have no problem giving that to Oliseh. Mikel had his finest hour in the U20 when he went against Messi and the thinking was that he was going to rival Messi. But that did not happen because Mourinho converted him to (what?) a defensive MF, a position for which he lacked the steel or athleticism. He had a successful career and won trophies with Chelsea but I don't consider him to be Nigeria's greatest - he's definitely somewhere behind JJ and Haruna, and even Oliseh.
Bell
SMDH.

The problem is Oliseh. Not Mikel, not Vincent, not his teammate at Bochum, not with the Eagles, not with the teams he has coached. It is him.

He even prides himself on being a difficult person.

You can continue with your subjective analysis of the greatest... but his trophies makes his argument for him. Can't fault your personal feelings...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

highbury wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:44 pm Clearly, Oliseh, upon further introspection, could have handled the situation more wisely. Similarly, Mikel and Enyeama might have approached it differently. This is not a takedown, as you suggest. Rather, it's Mikel expressing his views, which we must respect. Mikel should avoid using swear words. Given his newly acquired accent, one would expect him to have a broad vocabulary to express himself. His disbelief in Juju doesn't negate its existence. Oliseh's competence as a leader and his tactical acumen are undeniable, as evidenced by his success in Holland as a coach and as the Captain of SE. However, it's also apparent that he had shortcomings in delivering information while preserving the recipient's self-respect.
He should never have been hired. He lacks people skills. Coaching is not about doing the RIGHT thing. It's first and foremost a people job. Understanding people, what makes them give their best, how they function. not just your team, your bosses etc. You need to be a people's person much more than anything else. Yes you need a strong will to win too, and be able to maintain a semblance of order and respect. But what you need the most is people skills. A coach who lacks that should never be hired.
Sunday Oliseh should leave coaching. Its not for him. I would be shocked if he is successful at any level.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:47 pm
Goldleaf wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:19 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:48 pm On his latest podcast episode:

He also breaks down what happened between him and Enyeama
JMO comes across too open and too honest in his podcasts. You don't often get ex-footballers blabbering about events in their playing days and when they do speak, they ensure that they offer their opinion in a measured way. Mikel should be wary of embarrassing other players that were involved in the events he talks about, who may not appreciate their stuff being out in the open. There is a code in english football which says what goes on in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room.

Mikel is far too outspoken and needs to cool things down. As for Sunday Oliseh, well, it sounds like karma because Oliseh too was a gang leader in the 2002 CAN ganging up against Coach Festus Adegboyega Onigbinde. What goes round, comes round.
Goldleaf

Correct. I think it is based on media advisement with the goal of quickly generating a huge audience. The more expositions he provides the better for garnering a huge audience.
E11,

Absolutely correct. He is obviously after a big audience. But the English have this peculiar way of building you up only to suffer a mega crash. Sometimes, it seems the other chap interviewing him appears to be goading him to be more outrageous and Mikel naively obliges. Some of his comments especially on player power at Chelsea has already generated into talking points on Sports radio. I just hope he does not go too overboard such that Chelsea declares him a non grata. Some Chelsea fans are already surprised that he is this vocal because he was very quiet in his time there.

You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:12 pm

We know Oliseh has temper problems. Remember when he refused to let Enyeama address the team after he was stripped of the captainship. But no one has said he had no clue until Obi. Oliseh also fought with his teammates in Germany. But he was a cerebral player and he has led clubs in Europe to near promotion and has worked with FIFA . He has a UEFA pro A license,

Some backstory. Enyeama arrived late to camp. The NFF couldn’t contact him, Enyeama said he lost his mother. It was actually the NFF that wanted to discipline Enyeama because of his public comments about the chartered fights. But Oliseh got angry, his usual temper embarrassed Enyeama in front of the team.
I will explain it to you. What are the foundational skillsets of coaching in any sport. It is not technical knowledge of the sport. Absolutely not. It is understanding and leading people. Any coach who doesn't get that or even understand its importance, he can have as much book/technical knowledge as he wants on the sport (tactics, formation, UEFA badges etc) , that coach is completely clueless. Completely and absolutely clueless about the job. From what I got about what Mikel Obi is saying, its that the Oliseh didn't even understand the basics of what coaching is about.

People skills is not just managing down (people you have more power than e.g. the players), its also managing up (people you have less power than e.g. the FA). A good coach innately recognizes understands the power dynamics and how to manage it. The coaches that win just understand people at an almost innate level. Coaching classes can help you sharpen those skillset, or hone it further, or teach you some more tricks about it. The best coaches in just about any sport have a good measure of it innately. Coaching isn't for everybody. Technical & tactical knowledge is absolutely not a pre-requisite for coaching, that's at best an assistant coach job. Being good at knowing, understanding, relating, motivating, and leading people is the primary job of a coach! Any coach that is clueless at that is indeed clueless about coaching.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:03 am I wish Mikel was out Technical Director. He would clean house.
may i ask, what about him makes him a good candidate for this. Strange enough the better person for that job might have been someone like Oliseh. He has good technical understanding of the game, and very strong desire to do the right thing. He's combative enough to force change , but his people skills are poor poor poor. Unlike coaching, technical director does not need as much people skills. It still needs a bit and definitely more than Oliseh has showsn so far he has.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

My view on Oliseh's management is that he knows the game quite alright and understands its nuances. However, Oliseh has poor management style but you need both to be very successful.

Let's look at how Oliseh handled the SE situation. It is conceivable, as is the case in many jobs, that you arrive as a manager and a few persons, wishing to get into your good books, will meet you and give you a lowdown about personnel. Some would even advise you on how to handle them. In this case, it is possible Oliseh was told about the immense power that the likes of Mikel and Enyeama had within the team. The question becomes, how then should he handle the situation? Now, contrast that with how Keshi handled exactly the same players and situation.

For Oliseh, he from Day 1 wanted to establish the perking order. He was the boss. But to do this, he wanted to tell all others the hierarchy, by chewing off these supposedly powerful players in front of all others. It was an early example so the players immediately understand who the boss is! Then he proceeded to bench Mikel to further control.

In Keshi's case, he also wanted control as the alpha but took an entirely different tact. He knew he could psychologically subordinate the top players. He brought them closer and made them insiders but in return he demanded more not only from them but insisted that they were his eyes on the field and they had to verbally lead the players on it. As Mikel mentioned, he (Mikel) felt the pressure of Keshi's demands and he tried to meet it. This tact eventually led to an AFCON and it is possibly what Keshi may have used to lead Togo to the WC as well.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:42 pm
Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm

Ohenhen thank you so much for this!

Oliseh’s career both as a player and a coach speaks for itself. I believe that he is the best coach internationally that Nigeria has ever produced. Can’t think of anyone else.
Dude has a history alright. A history of borderline personality disorder. Nobe today.
He is the "best coach internationally"? Says who? Keshi coached Togo to the World Cup.Togo!
Oliseh's erratic behavior always sees him being fired from his coaching jobs. His behavior! Not others. His!

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Likes of Late Keshi, Kate Amodu even Siasia had better coaching careers in the national team but not internationally….

The podcast actually says a lot about Mikel than anyone else…
How dare you put him in the category of Keshi and Amodu? He is not a good coach. Clubside or national team.
Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm

Oliseh has a poor poor man management issue not so much anger but relations . He is very confrontational as a person but nice to chill with.

He came into the NFF and national team on the mandate to clear house, set things straight and he overdid things….that does not deserve castigation by anyone let alone Mikel
He doesn't work well with others... It is fine to have an acerbic personality but not when it involves having to work with others. Dude lacks empathy and has anger issues. He once headbutted his teammate in practice. He had a beef with Enyeama who came into camp while still grieving. Enyeama, the Team Captain just buried his mother. Oliseh showed ZERO empathy or sympathy.

Oliseh who once threw the suggestion of a Sports Minister into the trash bin felt that the only way to exercise his authority was to deal with Enyeama and his vice-captain, Mikel. Mikel has played under 10 different coaches at Chelski. Has had a number of national team coaches. Also played under Amodu, Keshi, Siasia and is very well-equipped to give his opinion on the coaches he has played for... even in the podcast, they alluded to the point that Oliseh has taken over from the position previously held by Rafa Benitez as THE WORST coach Mikel has played under.

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm Mikel had a great career but let’s not make it out like he was the Nigerian Messi…. He had the potential to be but wasted it the day he picked Chelsea and Money over United and Ferguson.

You can call ur friends and co to ur podcast but once u start swearing and castigating ppl, others will think hard before they turn up….

The smart move would have been to invite Oliseh and politely interview him and thrash out their differences on air that would have elevated his podcast.
Invite Oliseh to trash out what? Mikel's podcast is fine as it is...

In his active days, he was Naijaria's Messi. The only living or dead Naijarian male player that can be compared to Mikel is Kanu. Not JJ. Especially when you are talking about trophies and being the most decorated.

On Oliseh, not everyone is cut out to be a coach. Mikel mentioned Gary Neville who realized that he wasn't cut out to be a coach and went into sports broadcasting (punditry). Coaching is not for Oliseh. He should find someone willing to pay him to talk football... anything else will be a case of him doing too much.
I couldn't put it any better. If anyone uses PI for understanding personalites. Oliseh is low low B. Coaching is high B job. It requires you to be able to to empathize with people, understand them, motivate them, make them feel how they need to feel in order to get the best out of them. A coach that doesn't even understand this about humans and the coaching job is indeed clueless about coaching. Not everyone is cut out of coaching. you can't piss ALL people off left and right and be a good coach.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:22 pm My view on Oliseh's management is that he knows the game quite alright and understands its nuances. However, Oliseh has poor management style but you need both to be very successful.
i disagree with the part in bold. You make it seem like both are equally important. They are not. You need the people part more. You can always hire some nerdy tactical guru assistant to handle the second part for you (e.g. Westerhoff, e.g. Ferguson). you can't hire somebody to help manage relationships for you. You have to own that part of understanding, relating, motivating, leading and managing people (both up and down).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:32 am
Olu

You have to undertand that in Nigeria, people do not resign, even if they are in their deathbed, seeing the face of God. Afterall, wasnt the former President, Buhari, running the country from is hospital bed? didnt the former Governor of Ondo run the state from his death bed? So, you have to understand that Nigerians are not used to seeing someone resigning for health reaons, in fact, Nigerians frown upon it. It angers them! They like to have corpse in office. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

First rule of verbal fisticuffs is not to let the facts get in the way :lol: :lol: :lol: How else would Deanotito, flap his left yansh, twerking excitedly - joining yansh with Tbite, looking for who to join in on their high-fiving about a "takedown!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damunk

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You dont seem to know Nigerians very well. :D When do they award jobs on merit?
amafolas wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:13 pm
bret- hart wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:03 am I wish Mikel was out Technical Director. He would clean house.
may i ask, what about him makes him a good candidate for this. Strange enough the better person for that job might have been someone like Oliseh. He has good technical understanding of the game, and very strong desire to do the right thing. He's combative enough to force change , but his people skills are poor poor poor. Unlike coaching, technical director does not need as much people skills. It still needs a bit and definitely more than Oliseh has showsn so far he has.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

olu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:39 pm I enjoy listening to Mikel's podcasts and appreciate the behind-the-scenes insights he offers. The candor of his comments will get him likes and views, and Mikel does have every right to air his opinions. Overall, his podcast is very good, every now and then though I get the feeling that Mikel is a little eager to give a hot take to help make his mark in this new space. Comments like the ones he made about Rafa and Oliseh will get you views, but are such comments really worth it?

Regarding Oliseh, it is widely believed he had poor man management skills but was competent tactically. My initial thought is Mikel is writing off Oliseh's technical knowhow because of his poor man management skills. However, it's also possible that many of us have overrated Oliseh.

I am surprised how much he praised Keshi. Keshi seemed to be an excellent man manager and really good at communicating with players, however, I rarely felt like Keshi impacted games that much with his tactics or substitutions. Keshi started off well with the national team, but there are very few SE managers that have had so many questionable call-ups, and those strange call-ups eventually began to affect the team's performance. Mikel's comments are valid, however, keep in mind players are more likely to rate a manager that has confidence in them and empowers them.
I feel you still need to shift your position about what is important in coaching. It is not tactical knowledge. It is leading and managing people. That's what made Keshi a winner at all levels and an excellent excellent coach. the ceiling for anyone with superb tactical knowledge but piss-poor "people management" should be an assistant coach. Any coach who is not clear about which is more important is indeed clueless about coaching.

your tactics mean nothing, if you can't get people to come together as a team that cares about the same things, and help them buy into what you are trying to do, and give them confidence that they can win, and a reason to learn and apply the tactics. to do that, you need to understand people individually, get them, understanding what how they need to feel to get the best out of them. A supposed coach who doesn't get this is indeed clueless about the job. Coaching is not primarily a tactic job, but it is primarily a people management job.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:33 pm First rule of verbal fisticuffs is not to let the facts get in the way :lol: :lol: :lol: How else would Deanotito, flap his left yansh, twerking excitedly - joining yansh with Tbite, looking for who to join in on their high-fiving about a "takedown!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damunk

there are so many things wrong with that video. I am not shocked he wasn't successful as a coach.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Damn. I haven't had time to frequent this forum as often as before (i'm on super eagles mode only) so I'm just now seeing this. Regardless of how you feel about Mikel, that was a massive indictment on Oliseh.

And given how Oliseh's coaching career has gone (in terms of when he's been terminated from jobs), there's more than a hint of reality on the issue of Oliseh's poor man management and overall, how he relates with his employers & stakeholders.

That said, I wouldn't say Oliseh is tactically inept. I think he difficulty is understanding how to carry his "stakeholders" along which makes his long term tenure on a job damn near mission impossible!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:04 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:00 pm This brings me to a point I made several days ago about Ahmed Musa. Forget he is skill as a player at the moment. It appears to me that Musa may well be the closest thing to a Keshi re-make given the clout that he appears to have over others which has been confirmed by FA officials and by players such as Victor Osimhen. Could it be that Ahmed Musa would be the next great managerial success if he was to pursue that profession? This is something to think about.
No.
Lol. na wao.

E2 had me dreaming for a minute and you had to just had to wake me back into reality.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

amafolas wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:45 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:33 pm First rule of verbal fisticuffs is not to let the facts get in the way :lol: :lol: :lol: How else would Deanotito, flap his left yansh, twerking excitedly - joining yansh with Tbite, looking for who to join in on their high-fiving about a "takedown!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damunk

there are so many things wrong with that video. I am not shocked he wasn't successful as a coach.