Nwabili and AlHassan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nwabili and AlHassan

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, we have the players who play in Div 1, the NFF and coaches just do not want to drop their friends. That is the issue! :oops: :oops:

How sad that this is when these 2 finally got their chance.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwabili and AlHassan

Post by vancity eagle »

Yup. The NFF are the ones fuc%ing things up for SE.

Do you remember that Yusuf was called up numerous times for the NFF to interfere and tell Yusuf club that he wasn't needed.

Now if not for injury Yusuf will remain shut out of the team.

The NFF is a gaddem disgrace.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:49 pm Like I said, we have the players who play in Div 1, the NFF and coaches just do not want to drop their friends. That is the issue! :oops: :oops:

The performance of the two players speak volumes and underlines a need for a totally different approach to national team scouting and invites. The lazy status quo approach will never work.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:53 pm Yup. The NFF are the ones fuc%ing things up for SE.

Do you remember that Yusuf was called up numerous times for the NFF to interfere and tell Yusuf club that he wasn't needed.

Now if not for injury Yusuf will remain shut out of the team.

The NFF is a gaddem disgrace.
Yusuf and Onyedika should’ve had 3x the caps they have right now. Even the dude that plays in the guy should’ve been tested in some of our past friendlies.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:55 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:49 pm Like I said, we have the players who play in Div 1, the NFF and coaches just do not want to drop their friends. That is the issue! :oops: :oops:

The performance of the two players speak volumes and underlines a need for a totally different approach to national team scouting and invites. The lazy status quo approach will never work.
My brother, I simply dont understand it.

I have a full time job and I have things to do in my life, but even I can draw up a serious Div 1 team list for the SE that will challenge most teams in the world with a good coach.

So, I am convinced that it isnt a case that they dont know these guys, its a case of the refusing to drop their friends. For instance, Moffi was not there today. We were drawing and needed a goal, and Musa as NOT even brought in!! He literally only brought Chukwueze. Musa who was invited to take a spot did not even get a look. Whats the point of having a player in the team that you wouldnt trust to come in, simply because he is your friend?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kpom.

It actually may not be laziness though.

It may actually be a "good old boys" network hat certain interests do not want dismantled.

I'm inclined to believe there is something to that.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:03 pm

My brother, I simply dont understand it.

I have a full time job and I have things to do in my life, but even I can draw up a serious Div 1 team list for the SE that will challenge most teams in the world with a good coach.

So, I am convinced that it isnt a case that they dont know these guys, its a case of the refusing to drop their friends. For instance, Moffi was not there today. We were drawing and needed a goal, and Musa as NOT even brought in!! He literally only brought Chukwueze. Musa who was invited to take a spot did not even get a look. Whats the point of having a player in the team that you wouldnt trust to come in, simply because he is your friend?
Bros.

That's twice under Peseiro that we needed goals and he brought on DEFENDERS rather than Musa.

Musa is an utter clown and piece of human garbage.

Fock these NFF clowns that want to destroy SE.

I believe some of these defenders are being protected as well.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nwabali was superb. He came out when he needed to, commanded his area and his body language was comforting.

It is criminal that they left Al Hassan out even though we had 2 whole slots not filled. This guy is like Kante, what a debut
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nwabili didn't make a single save as EQ were utterly toothless, his real baptism of fire will come against CIV in a few days, and with that defence? I sure don't envy him right now.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:14 pm Nwabili didn't make a single save as EQ were utterly toothless, his real baptism of fire will come against CIV in a few days, and with that defence? I sure don't envy him right now.
Such games are what many [new] players in teams are made for. You might be surprised and impressed on what Nwabili might do come the day with CIV. Fingers crossed!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We prefer players with superior footballing education.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:14 pm Nwabali was superb. He came out when he needed to, commanded his area and his body language was comforting.

It is criminal that they left Al Hassan out even though we had 2 whole slots not filled. This guy is like Kante, what a debut
I just like the assurance he brought to the SE goalkeeping. I was not having panic attacks anytime the ball was floated into our box unlike when Uzoho was in goal
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:33 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:14 pm Nwabali was superb. He came out when he needed to, commanded his area and his body language was comforting.

I just like the assurance he brought to the SE goalkeeping. I was not having panic attacks anytime the ball was floated into our box unlike when Uzoho was in goal
if not for the those in power, Alhassan and Nwabili wont' have made the cut. we would have hoped for Uzoho. Nah people wey dey up there wey tell the coach he needs to take a look at Yusuf and the goalie. even Amo talk am during the game.

At least we know we have the players for the WCQs in 6 months vs Benin and South Africa.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:14 pm Nwabili didn't make a single save as EQ were utterly toothless, his real baptism of fire will come against CIV in a few days, and with that defence? I sure don't envy him right now.
On today's performance, he keeps his place in goal. He marshalled his box well and looked assured. The jitters we normally get with Akpeyi and Uzoho in goal, was not there today. The goal conceded had more to do with poor defending.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:33 pm

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:31 pm

We prefer players with superior footballing education.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:44 pm
On today's performance, he keeps his place in goal. He marshalled his box well and looked assured. The jitters we normally get with Akpeyi and Uzoho in goal, was not there today. The goal conceded had more to do with poor defending.
Just imagine that we focused on our Div 1 goalkeepers in Germany, Sweden, Italy and South Africa and then start building our CB positions?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:48 pm
Just imagine that we focused on our Div 1 goalkeepers in Germany, Sweden, Italy and South Africa and then start building our CB positions?
Danfo,

But this is the point that several of us have made for years!!!! Spread the scouting dragnet. There are nuggets everywhere given the trajectory of how Nigerian players migrate. Their migratory route is not similar to the migratory route of European players. This has been mentioned time after time....
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

It's surprising Alhassan Yusuf is making his debut in the tournament. What was/is the purpose of friendlies played?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

It's surprising Alhassan Yusuf is making his debut in the tournament. What was/is the purpose of friendlies played?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You have said it. We have said it until we blue in the face and have been labeled Enemies of Progress.

There's a lack of ACCOUNTABILITY.

Once you are favoured, it doesn't matter your current form, you will get an invite.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:50 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:48 pm
Danfo,

But this is the point that several of us have made for years!!!! Spread the scouting dragnet. There are nuggets everywhere given the trajectory of how Nigerian players migrate. Their migratory route is not similar to the migratory route of European players. This has been mentioned time after time....
But the players are already known, just a lazy coach who can't see the benefits of using friendlies for what they are. Alhassan, Nwakali, Tella should have played more games for us especially the friendly games. But our coach has been messing about with that his useless 4-2-4 formation, using the same players over and over.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

"If they are not playing in England then they are not good enough."

Remove all these Englandcentric folks surrounding our football things will change.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!