Gift Orban latest!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Gift Orban latest!

Post by Dammy »

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actuali ... ol/1442764

He is expected in Lyon tomorrow for medicals with the view to signing a contract for 4 and a half years.
Lyon and Gent have agreed a transfer fee of €13 million
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Gift Orban latest!

Post by Tobi17 »

Wow congrats to our next star boy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I know he will get his chance to shine for the SE when the round next of WCQs start, under a new and competent manager.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Big move. But the fee is very low compared to the 30m they wanted last summer.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nice! Hope7he has worked out his issues he needs consistency.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:45 am Big move. But the fee is very low compared to the 30m they wanted last summer.
He's turned into a bench warmer a hen the goals dried up and started sulking.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:45 am Big move. But the fee is very low compared to the 30m they wanted last summer.
They played themselves. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They were arrogant and trying to sell him at an outrageous amount. He performed well there, but he hadnt made the sort of mark where they should be demanding 30m for him.

Funny thing is that he will probably be a success in France and then Lyon will sell him for 50m :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nice one!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:57 am
They played themselves. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They were arrogant and trying to sell him at an outrageous amount. He performed well there, but he hadnt made the sort of mark where they should be demanding 30m for him.

Funny thing is that he will probably be a success in France and then Lyon will sell him for 50m :lol:
Gent may have inserted a sell-on clause to pick up part of the fee when he moves on from Lyon.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hopefully he helps them get out of their current funk. Lyon has been so bad this season currently 18th
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He needs to be CAPPED !!!!!

To think he wasn't even on the provisional list.

An utter disgrace.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:57 am

You can’t compare the French league to the Belgian league. Clubs are more likely to overpay for players in the French league compared to the Belgian league. Look at how Vincent kompany raided players in the Belgian league for cheap.

You can’t blame them for asking for 30 mil. That is how those clubs stay afloat from buying cheap and selling high. Tbh he was worth 15-20m with incentives included because the guy only had 1 good season out of nowhere plus he’s not English or Brazilian. They were trying their luck because dude was scoring goals at an alarming rate. His price was knocked down a bit because his not scoring as much and he has a rift with club management. An unhappy player is not good for business.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:37 am He needs to be CAPPED !!!!!

An utter disgrace.
It is time NFF started aggressively telling FIFA to allow Gift to play for Nigeria. He is a Nigerian and we have the first choice of refusal. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:47 am

An utter disgrace.
It is time NFF started aggressively telling FIFA to allow Gift to play for Nigeria. He is a Nigerian and we have the first choice of refusal. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Weytin consign FIFA in Orban matter at the moment?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It will be very interesting to see him in France 🇫🇷 and to compare his form there to Akor Adams. Good luck to Orban.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The next generation of Nigerian strikers are already set:

Nathan Tella (Bayer Leverkusen)
Victor Boniface (Bayer Leverkusen)
Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)
Rafiu Durosimi (Frankfurt?)

All to ably led by Osimhen, Lookman and Iheanacho.

Midfielders: Alhassan, Tochukwu Nnadi, Daga, Eletu, Akinsanmiro, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Onyedika, and Folrunsho- all to be led by Iwobi and Ndidi. For the Nwakali fans I wouldn't consider him a prospect but he is still young to stake a claim in the rebuilding process.

Defence: Bassey, Tosin Adabarabioyo, Igoh Ogbu, and Gabriel Osho.

Gks: Okoye, Nwabili, Arthur Okonkwo, then one or two top prospects from the NPFL.

Get in a new coach who actually knows the GAME (whether foreign or local) and get him all the necessary support he needs ahead of the next world cup...teams are fast catching up to us across the world especially in Africa, we can't keep depending on deadweights like Musa etc to keep stunting us, this nonsense ends after this AFCON. TIME FOR THE RESET BUTTON.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:50 am The next generation of Nigerian strikers are already set:

Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)

Midfielders: Alhassan, Tochukwu Nnadi, Daga, Eletu, Akinsanmiro, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Onyedika, and Folrunsho- all to be led by Iwobi and Ndidi. For the Nwakali fans I wouldn't consider him a prospect but he is still young to stake a claim in the rebuilding process.

Gks: Okoye, Nwabili, Arthur Okonkwo, then one or two top prospects from the NPFL.

Get in a new coach who actually knows the GAME (whether foreign or local) and get him all the necessary support he needs ahead of the next world cup...teams are fast catching up to us across the world especially in Africa, we can't keep depending on deadweights like Musa etc to keep stunting us, this nonsense ends after this AFCON. TIME FOR THE RESET BUTTON.
What you say is all well n good and no one can really argue.
The problem - the big problem - is the highlighted.

Where the hell do we find/attract a coach befitting of our team, its potential and its aspirations?
Even more importantly, HOW?

Nigeria wants to fly a rocket to the moon using a Nigerian astronaut.
We don’t have any Nigerian astronauts anywhere in the world. We have pilots, many of whom aspire to get to that level one day, many even claiming “I can do it”, but they’re not astronauts.

The foreign astronauts are unaffordable. They could come in the right circumstances, but we can’t attract them.
What do we do?
Try our luck with pilots?
Abandon our aspirations?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:21 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:50 am The next generation of Nigerian strikers are already set:

Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)

Where the hell do we find/attract a coach befitting of our team, its potential and its aspirations?

We don’t have any Nigerian astronauts anywhere in the world. We have pilots, many of whom aspire to get to that level one day, many even claiming “I can do it”, but they’re not astronauts.

The foreign astronauts are unaffordable. They could come in the right circumstances, but we can’t attract them.
What do we do?
Abandon our aspirations?
We don’t need a world class coach. With the right support and a bit of plan, many ex-players would do. They bring a passion, clout and an understanding of the African game. Thats both useful for qualifying in Africa and bamboozling Oyinbo on the world stage.

I generally agree with Tbite that the future looks great. We do need a special program to groom goalkeeper. And if we can get Tosin to sign up, the defence could be good.

But there are a whole bunch of “ifs” in all this of course.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:47 am
He's turned into a bench warmer a hen the goals dried up and started sulking.
I’m happy for the lad. He was having problems with the coach, who didn’t give him regular playing time after recovering from injury. Last season when he was on fire, the coach had no option but to play him. Things got so bad, that Orban accused the coach of trying to “kill” his career. This is the same coach that Onyekuru had problems with at Anderlecht and accused of aborting his 2018 WC chances. The coach also had problems with Troost Ekong in his first stint as Gent coach.
He didn’t give Orban the needed playing time to get into his rhythm. It was as if he was trying to frustrate the player
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Gift Orban latest

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:47 am

Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)

What do we do?
Abandon our aspirations?
We don’t need a world class coach. With the right support and a bit of plan, many ex-players would do. They bring a passion, clout and an understanding of the African game. Thats both useful for qualifying in Africa and bamboozling Oyinbo on the world stage.

I generally agree with Tbite that the future looks great. We do need a special program to groom goalkeeper. And if we can get Tosin to sign up, the defence could be good.

I agree.
There are very few coaches around the world you can call ‘world class’ with a straight face.
We can’t afford them anyway.
But we need a top coach.
Not even a Div 2 coach.
Not journeymen.
Coaches that have survived life in the top tier of a respectable league. Coaches with a credible record.

Our own coaches are not even getting invited to coach fellow African clubsides!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm

Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)

What do we do?
Abandon our aspirations?

I agree.
There are very few coaches around the world you can call ‘world class’ with a straight face.
But we need a top coach.
Not even a Div 2 coach.
Not journeymen.
Coaches that have survived life in the top tier of a respectable league. Coaches with a credible record.

Are you comfortable with Div 2 players?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

An utter disgrace.
There seems to be an issue not being said out loud about his eligibility. I had a public and private convo with a random fella on twitter and he alluded to some things I didnt like.

I hope they sort it out.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:33 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm

Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)

What do we do?
Abandon our aspirations?

I agree.
But we need a top coach.
Not even a Div 2 coach.
Not journeymen.

Are you comfortable with Div 2 players?
Nope.
The only reason I look the other way with Ndidi is because he is established SE pedigree and is still in form.
No one else.

Aribo shouldn't be there.
Nacho I’m not a great fan of any more and he’s not killing it @ Leicester.
My views on Ajayi are well known here.
Ekong and Omeruo I don’t rate even if they’re premier tier.
Don’t even mention Uzoho.