Nwabili TAKE A F$%^ing BOW!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwabili TAKE A F$%^ing BOW!!!

Post by packerland »

Robbynice wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:15 am :oops:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:10 am
Robbynice wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:24 pm Btw it is Nwabali not Nwabili
There seems to be some confusion about his correct name. Some media publications have even referred to him as both Nwabili and Nwabali in the same article. Personally, I think that, semantically, Nwabili makes a lot more sense than Nwabali🤔❗️

Cheers.
LOL...Wetin man no go read for this forum. What has media confusion got to do with what his name really is. The spelling of his name at the back of his jersey is NWABALI :biggrin:
😂 😂 the thing weak me set. Nwabali makes sense. In Igbo, Nwa means child and abali or abani means night/evening. By the way, welcome back Robby.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:39 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:05 am
ANC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:58 am

:rotf:

okay o
I remember a few years ago, there was a trend on CE. Every time the Super Eagles won a game and we celebrated happily. There were people who will tell us that we were over celebrating. "After all, its just one match!" "After all, its just a friendly." etc etc And i remembered how confused I was and i told these people, "when are we supposed to celebrate?" Are we supposed to wait until we win the world cup?? so that means, we will just be here and not celebrating anything for a long time?

Do you know what happened? Nigeria became truly and absolutely sh1t! We stopped winning games. And guess what? Those who told us not to celebrate the small things disappeared. ` :lol: :lol: I guess they realized that when you dont celebrate the small things, then you will NEVER celebrate.

Please shift, lets have some happiness.
It's called being Bipolar, sir :rotf: One minute, you are manic about a player; next week, you are issuing a fatwa.

I am not saying I don't celebrate.
I am trying to remember the last time I enjoyed a SE game.
I was at a mandatory meeting when Ekong scored. Honestly, I do not know how I was able to contain my emotions...I nearly cried from joy. This is something completely different from what I am talking about. I praise VO9 like I praised Kanu; I am not inconsistent with my praise and turn on them when they have a terrible game.
I think you are a bit confused. Everyone is praising Nwabali for his performance in todays game, and saying he has given us more comfort than Uzoho. This is factual.

When would you like us to praise Nwabali for his performance against Ivory Coast? Next year when we play Germany ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, take care.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:18 am

okay o
I remember a few years ago, there was a trend on CE. Every time the Super Eagles won a game and we celebrated happily. There were people who will tell us that we were over celebrating. "After all, its just one match!" "After all, its just a friendly." etc etc And i remembered how confused I was and i told these people, "when are we supposed to celebrate?" Are we supposed to wait until we win the world cup?? so that means, we will just be here and not celebrating anything for a long time?

Do you know what happened? Nigeria became truly and absolutely sh1t! We stopped winning games. And guess what? Those who told us not to celebrate the small things disappeared. ` :lol: :lol: I guess they realized that when you dont celebrate the small things, then you will NEVER celebrate.

It's called being Bipolar, sir :rotf: One minute, you are manic about a player; next week, you are issuing a fatwa.

I was at a mandatory meeting when Ekong scored. Honestly, I do not know how I was able to contain my emotions...I nearly cried from joy. This is something completely different from what I am talking about. I praise VO9 like I praised Kanu; I am not inconsistent with my praise and turn on them when they have a terrible game.
I think you are a bit confused. Everyone is praising Nwabali for his performance in todays game, and saying he has given us more comfort than Uzoho. This is factual.

When would you like us to praise Nwabali for his performance against Ivory Coast? Next year when we play Germany ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, take care.
:ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I give up, you win!
I have given him credit for his performance TODAY, but again that's besides the point.
As a matter of fact, had it been Uzoho, the result would most likely have been different.
Again this does not mean Uzoho is bad goalkeeper; he is just off form and lacking in confidence.
FYI Uzoho had good games in the past too.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:35 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:18 am

okay o

Anyway, take care.
:ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I give up, you win!
I have given him credit for his performance TODAY, but again that's besides the point.
As a matter of fact, had it been Uzoho, the result would most likely have been different.
Again this does not mean Uzoho is bad goalkeeper; he is just off form and lacking in confidence.
FYI Uzoho had good games in the past too.
ehen na, no be wetin una want be that?

When we are playing in the World Cup in 2026 and we are facing Iran, we should open a thread: "Nwabali's Performance 2 years ago vs CIV"

Then we should make posts like "Guys! remember that save nwabali made against Kasso??? what a save!! 2 years has passed"

Then in 2028, we will open a thread about his 2026 performance! :thumbs: :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

crazy man you win. Let's not ruin the moment. :D My sincere apologies.
I was truly brought close to tears today; SE made me believe again for the first time since Kanu/Okocha era.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:13 am crazy man you win. Let's not ruin the moment. :D My sincere apologies.
I was truly brought close to tears today; SE made me believe again for the first time since Kanu/Okocha era.
Why are u crying for Nigeria? Dint you say you were Ghanaian? Dat one na crocodile tears. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:19 am
ANC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:13 am crazy man you win. Let's not ruin the moment. :D My sincere apologies.
Why are u crying for Nigeria? Dint you say you were Ghanaian? Dat one na crocodile tears. :laugh:
Reading is fundamental.
Where did I say I was crying for Nigeria?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

There seems to be some confusion about his correct name. Some media publications have even referred to him as both Nwabili and Nwabali in the same article. Personally, I think that, semantically, Nwabili makes a lot more sense than Nwabali🤔❗️

Cheers.
LOL...Wetin man no go read for this forum. What has media confusion got to do with what his name really is. The spelling of his name at the back of his jersey is NWABALI :biggrin:
… and you don’t think it’s possible that’s a mistake? It certainly wouldn’t be the first time a player’s name has been misspelled🤔❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Now that Arthur Okonkwo has declared for Nigeria, maybe the competition for the GK #1 will now get more competitive...Stanley Nwabali is am NPFL product BTW.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:02 am

Cheers.
😂 😂 the thing weak me set. Nwabali makes sense. In Igbo, Nwa means child and abali or abani means night/evening. By the way, welcome back Robby.
You are either an efulefu or not an Igbo man at all. Every genuine Igbo person knows unambiguously what Nwabili means and that is “May the child live”. To say that Nwabali and Nwabani are semantically the same is a bit of a stretch… and by the way, there is a Valentine Nwabili who currently plays football somewhere in India🤔❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Nwabili brings assurance to the SE’s goalkeeping and it radiates across the defence.
With a face that looks like it was carved out of granite, he is not afraid to have a go at his defenders unlike Uzoho who is usually quiet. I like the way he remonstrated with Zaidu after the poor header that gave CIV a chance to shoot at goal. He is not intimidated by his limited international experience. He can only get better.
It would have been better for Uzoho if he was left out of the AFCON squad to concentrate on his club as he had finally got the opportunity to start, which would have built his confidence for future SE games. There’s no assurance that he will continue in goal for his club after AFCON and it would have been a missed opportunity for him
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They told us he was not tested. :lol: :lol: Dude that had 2-3 point-blank saves.

P.s-- watching his highlights that Bigpokey posted, this save here is his signature save. When he is one-on-one, he makes himself big and more often than not, strikers cant get the ball around or over him.
Sunset wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:38 pm
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:38 pm
What I like about this Stanly Bobo , is his anticipation he knows when to come off his line . He has good speed for a goalie, bobo also has a very massive giant throw. Very good with his feet as well. His frame alone is another massive trait
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:52 am

Cheers.
You are either an efulefu or not an Igbo man at all. Every genuine Igbo person knows unambiguously what Nwabili means and that is “May the child live”. To say that Nwabali and Nwabani are semantically the same is a bit of a stretch… and by the way, there is a Valentine Nwabili who currently plays football somewhere in India🤔❗️

Cheers.
My guy I will school you in Igbo (don’t go there).

Yes, Nwabili means “may the child live” but it’s said in Anambra accent which was what threw me off. Imolites and Aba people will pronounce it as Nwabiri which also means “may the child live.”

Nwabali means what I said it means. Now tell me I’m wrong?
Last edited by packerland on Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

To think that we have been tormented by Uzoho all this time.

All the info comming from camp pre tournament was that Uzoho was the sharpest in training and that Pissero trusts him.

Thank GOD that did not happen.

May Uzoho never set foot for pitch AGAIN.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:18 pm To think that we have been tormented by Uzoho all this time.

All the info comming from camp pre tournament was that Uzoho was the sharpest in training and that Pissero trusts him.

You know those camp news are agent spreading false information. How many times have we heard a certain players was killing it in training and they don’t start on match day or they’re rubbish when they play. I tend to ignore those camp news.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:23 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:18 pm To think that we have been tormented by Uzoho all this time.

You know those camp news are agent spreading false information. How many times have we heard a certain players was killing it in training and they don’t start on match day or they’re rubbish when they play. I tend to ignore those camp news.
Some may be accurate but there are multiple things that go into determining game day lineup and not all coaches will ever make the same decision.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:16 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:52 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
My guy I will school you in Igbo (don’t go there).

Yes, Nwabili means “may the child live” but it’s said in Anambra accent which was what threw me off. Imolites and Aba people will pronounce it as Nwabiri which also means “may the child live.”

Nwabali means what I said it means. Now tell me I’m wrong?
My guy, trust me. You no sabi reach like dat.

I come from a long line of dibias and customary court presidents. Very few people on the face of this earth understand Igbo the way I do. Fewer than 10% of all Ndi Igbo would say abali instead of abani. Besides, Nwabili is a much more common name than Nwabali… and there’s no disputing that🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Truth be told, you were gorging on any negative news you could find, fuelling your anger and working yourself into a frenzy.
I don’t know whether that’s what you do to contain your anxiety, but it sure ain’t healthy.
When you get older it will become a health risk.
Calm down.

Back in the early naughties, there was this big Naija guy I met.
His wife was a friend of my wife. It was a Sunday and we went visiting them. Arsenal were on TV.
This guy really worked himself up into a lather and alarmed, I had to tell him to take it easy.

That day was the first and last time I ever saw him.
A few years later he had a heart attack and died watching football.

Calm down.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hopefully Okoye, Nwoke, Obasogie, and Osayi can give us depth in that area. They should all be ahead of Ojo and maybe Uzoho. Let's not crucify him when he makes a mistake. Even the greats do at times.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

olu wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:00 am Hopefully Okoye, Nwoke, Obasogie, and Osayi can give us depth in that area. They should all be ahead of Ojo and maybe Uzoho. Let's not crucify him when he makes a mistake. Even the greats do at times.
thank you!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Served me humble pie. He played well. He made timely saves. Still need to show me consistency. But he played well. The most underrated part of his game is his calmness. His calmness and communication is a huge part of been a good goalkeepers. It helps the defenders.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx