Player Ratings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Player Ratings

Post by waka-man »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:22 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:36 am Calvin “Count” Bassey was a beast in the match. I was genuinely scared when CIV brought on Singo to replace Aurier. I watched Singo when he was at Torino, and he was the reason why Ola Aina was moved to LB. The boy is strong and fast and excellent in attack but our Bassey shut him down! and he is my MoTM with 8.5/10
I am happy for Bassey. He had a torrid time in Ajax but he is gaining confidence and will be a legend for Naija.

I did tell you guys that the defenders were not the problem, now they are showing their stuff.
:biggrin:

Bassey has been playing well for Fulham. And he can only get better with regular playing time in the EPL. I pray his partner Tosin is considered for the SE. That would be a partnership made in heaven.
What actually is the latest on Tosin? Is it just down to getting an invite? Has he switched?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Zaidu Sanusi and Frank Onyeka are liabilities oooooo! They remind me of Austin Eguavoen and Mobi Oparaku.

Peseiro needs to move Aina to leftback and play Osayi-Samuel as rightback. Alhassan Yusuf will be a straight swap for Onyeka!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

my MOM, Aina! has great footwork as well
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some of you are glaringly anti Northern footballers. Sanusi was very good defensively. He prevented a sure Ivory Coast goal with a timely tackle🤔❗️

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:30 pm Some of you are glaringly anti Northern footballers. Sanusi was very good defensively. He prevented a sure Ivory Coast goal with a timely tackle🤔❗️

Cheers.
The thing tire me. I’m trying to give people the benefit of the doubt on the tribal thing.

Some non-Nigerian outlets have him as one of the men of the match. While I don’t agree it shows how this “Zaidu was bad” is coloured by something off.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm Zaidu Sanusi and Frank Onyeka are liabilities oooooo! They remind me of Austin Eguavoen and Mobi Oparaku.

Peseiro needs to move Aina to leftback and play Osayi-Samuel as rightback. Alhassan Yusuf will be a straight swap for Onyeka!
Stop it abeg. Onyeka was immense yesterday. Immense. I was in the ground and even the Ivorians around me were asking who the guy was. He covered every blade, coordinated the low block and was the primary ball winner in the park.

Proper modern footballer.

Now, if only he could shoot!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:46 pm
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm Zaidu Sanusi and Frank Onyeka are liabilities oooooo! They remind me of Austin Eguavoen and Mobi Oparaku.

Stop it abeg. Onyeka was immense yesterday. Immense. I was in the ground and even the Ivorians around me were asking who the guy was. He covered every blade, coordinated the low block and was the primary ball winner in the park.

He is nowhere of the same quality as say Wilfred Ndidi!
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:51 pm

Does that mean he didn't play well?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

eyan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Against Equatorial Guinea, he cost us that goal. Please go and watch the match again.

Yesterday, he was too anonymous. Besides, did you see the number of good chances he wasted? For me, he is not Eagles material.

I look forward to us playing a 4-3-3 with Ndidi, Yusuf and playmaker Olise. Now, that would fill me with confidence!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:08 pm

Against Equatorial Guinea, he cost us that goal. Please go and watch the match again.

Yesterday, he was too anonymous. Besides, did you see the number of good chances he wasted? For me, he is not Eagles material.

I look forward to us playing a 4-3-3 with Ndidi, Yusuf and playmaker Olise. Now, that would fill me with confidence!
You must really know something we don't know to keep forcing an imaginary Olise into your line up....
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:08 pm

He did not cost us a goal against EQG. Yusuf didn’t understand his role and go stranded. Watch it again and carefully.

Yesterday he was the opposite of anonymous. He was everywhere. Maybe you don’t understand what his role was in the team. But ask yourself why an Ivorian team that always attacks through the middle resorted to trying out wide and taking shots from distance. Iwobi, Samu and Lookman were a big part of the explanation, but Frank was the main reason.
He was given a job and he did it like a Don.

By the way, the comparison with Ndidi is irrelevant. Different players with different roles on the team.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:30 pm Some of you are glaringly anti Northern footballers. Sanusi was very good defensively. He prevented a sure Ivory Coast goal with a timely tackle🤔❗️

Cheers.
Chief I know everyone seems to have “Priors” here but why would you make such a blanket statement.
I have no idea what part of Nigeria Sanusi comes from other than, in my opinion, he has been the worst player on the team over two matches.

We can’t always look through every comment through this suspicious lens. Not everyone has an agenda. We love football and call it as we see it
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:17 pm

Cheers.
Chief I know everyone seems to have “Priors” here but why would you make such a blanket statement.
I have no idea what part of Nigeria Sanusi comes from other than, in my opinion, he has been the worst player on the team over two matches.

We can’t always look through every comment through this suspicious lens. Not everyone has an agenda. We love football and call it as we see it
Blanket statement??? Does Some of you… sound like a blanket statement? You can’t deny that many here perceive players of Northern extraction purely as beneficiaries of a quota system. Consider that Ekong is almost as old as Musa and does not play at such a high level yet few people are as dismissive of Ekong as they are of Musa, despite Musa’s huge accomplishments for Nigeria🤔❗️

Cheers.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:50 pm

Cheers.

Blanket statement??? Does Some of you… sound like a blanket statement? You can’t deny that many here perceive players of Northern extraction purely as beneficiaries of a quota system. Consider that Ekong is almost as old as Musa and does not play at such a high level yet few people are as dismissive of Ekong as they are of Musa, despite Musa’s huge accomplishments for Nigeria🤔❗️

Cheers.
Chief I stand corrected on the use of blanket statement. I honestly dunno much about ethnic backgrounds but I understand underlying grievances. So I prolly should have just stuck to responding from my perspective. I stand corrected. However that lad Sanusi … I’m just not with him lol
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
Chief I stand corrected on the use of blanket statement. I honestly dunno much about ethnic backgrounds but I understand underlying grievances. So I prolly should have just stuck to responding from my perspective. I stand corrected. However that lad Sanusi … I’m just not with him lol
Oh, it is quite OK not to be a fan of Sanusi. By no means can anyone be expected to be a fan of every player that has appeared for the SuperEagles… but it doesn’t hurt to be objective. Some are saying, quite fallaciously, that he sucked but had it not been for him and his timely clearance, we might not have won that game🤔❗️

Cheers.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:06 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
Oh, it is quite OK not to be a fan of Sanusi. By no means can anyone be expected to be a fan of every player that has appeared for the SuperEagles… but it doesn’t hurt to be objective. Some are saying, quite fallaciously, that he sucked but had it not been for him and his timely clearance, we might not have won that game🤔❗️

Cheers.
Are you talking about the clearance that was called offside?
He gave up the clearest chance to CV with his amateurish headed back pass.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:17 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Players make the odd mistakes but the lad deserved more than the 3 you rated him. That was an insult hence why almost everyone on this thread is trying to correct you. Sanusi defended very well apart from that header. Go and verify.

If we are to be honest, Chukwueze and Osimhen has a worse game than Sanusi and deserve lower ratings. Neither of them did anything of worth up front.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Players make the odd mistakes but the lad deserved more than the 3 you rated him. That was an insult hence why almost everyone on this thread is trying to correct you. Sanusi defended very well apart from that header. Go and verify.

If we are to be honest, Chukwueze and Osimhen has a worse game than Sanusi and deserve lower ratings. Neither of them did anything of worth up front.
Chief I come here for culture and football.
I don’t have time for the needless beefs and over sensitive reactions that so many grown men have here. Stop the almost everyone is correcting me angle. I don’t have that all consuming ego to not accept when I’m wrong.

I have an opinion and I stated mine. You and everyone else is entitled to theirs and I’ll leave it at that. The guy is the weak link on the team in my opinion and until I’m convinced other wise I’ll stay in my lane. You can have yours and let it be.

Yeah Osimhen did nothing of worth in your opinion except for draw the penalty kick that won the game.
Anyway have it your way
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:27 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

I don’t have time for the needless beefs and over sensitive reactions that so many grown men have here. Stop the almost everyone is correcting me angle. I don’t have that all consuming ego to not accept when I’m wrong.

I have an opinion and I stated mine. You and everyone else is entitled to theirs and I’ll leave it at that. The guy is the weak link on the team in my opinion and until I’m convinced other wise I’ll stay in my lane. You can have yours and let it be.

Yeah Osimhen did nothing of worth in your opinion except for draw the penalty kick that won the game.
Yeah great insight lol
:lol: You are known to beef with everyone but I come in peace.

Have a good day.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

You know what.
Just have a good night.
Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:29 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:27 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

Yeah great insight lol
:lol: You are known to beef with everyone but I come in peace.

Have a good day.