Player Ratings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Player Ratings

Post by Sleaky72 »

Nwabili: 7.5.
Very composed and assured. Was a little shaky on the long shot but controlled his area and was quick off his line to sort out danger.

Troost-Ekong: 7.5.
Strong and Assured. Made timely interceptions and stepped up like a boss to convert the game winning PK.

Ajayi : 7.0:
Forming a solid partnership with his captain and played like a Don. His Arsenal DNA also showed forth as he was very comfortable as a ball carrier and running into space with ball at feet.

Aina 9.0.
MOTM for me. This boy deserves a bigger club. Oozed class and confidence with every touch on the ball. Haven’t watched every game but he’s an early nominee for team of the tournament IMHO. Can’t remember him put a foot wrong.

Salisu 3.0.
Less said the better. Don’t wanna kick on of our own when he’s down. Aina’s brilliance even made his outing look worse. Needs to Be benched.

Bassey: 7.0.
Big Boss performance. The man is a unit and matched the physicality needed for African football.

Onyeka. 6.5.
Nothing special. He was just better than Game one.

Iwobi. 7.5:
The man was all over the field. In as many games he’s set Osimhen clear on goal and on both occasions his world class passes have gone unfinished.

Lookman: 7.0:
Ran outta gas at the end but along with Aina was one of our best performers for the first 60mins.

Chukwueze: 6.0
Decision making on his final ball remains his Achilles heel. Has all the ability in the world except when deciding on the final ball

Osimhen: 6:0

His score would’ve been lower had it not been for the work he put in and the penalty he drew. Says a lot when your star striker isn’t the one given the nod to take a crucial penalty kick. Not doing his rep much good by missing two great chances that a striker of his reputation should bury.

Coach: 10.0
With better players, Nigeri would easily win this tournament. Only Senegal gives me pause for concern. Hope all the haters can enjoy the humble pie
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Player Ratings

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Onyeka deserves 8/10. He was massive in mf today.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Sneaky says Ajayi has Arsenal DNA lmao
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Sanusi wasn't that bad. I would give him a 6
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:49 pm Onyeka deserves 8/10. He was massive in mf today.
Not to take anything away from Onyeka but Kessie and Fofana were poor again.
These are not the same much in demand midfielders in last summer’s European transfer season. It looks like their moves to Saudi Arabia has taken a toll on their competitive edge.
This is why some of us keep saying that our best players should play in the best leagues
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:09 pm Nwabili: 7.5.
Very composed and assured. Was a little shaky on the long shot but controlled his area and was quick off his line to sort out danger.

Troost-Ekong: 7.5.
Strong and Assured. Made timely interceptions and stepped up like a boss to convert the game winning PK.

Ajayi : 7.0:
Forming a solid partnership with his captain and played like a Don. His Arsenal DNA also showed forth as he was very comfortable as a ball carrier and running into space with ball at feet.

Aina 9.0.
MOTM for me. This boy deserves a bigger club. Oozed class and confidence with every touch on the ball. Haven’t watched every game but he’s an early nominee for team of the tournament IMHO. Can’t remember him put a foot wrong.

Salisu 3.0.
Less said the better. Don’t wanna kick on of our own when he’s down. Aina’s brilliance even made his outing look worse. Needs to Be benched.

Bassey: 7.0.
Big Boss performance. The man is a unit and matched the physicality needed for African football.

Onyeka. 6.5.
Nothing special. He was just better than Game one.

Iwobi. 7.5:
The man was all over the field. In as many games he’s set Osimhen clear on goal and on both occasions his world class passes have gone unfinished.

Lookman: 7.0:
Ran outta gas at the end but along with Aina was one of our best performers for the first 60mins.

Chukwueze: 6.0
Decision making on his final ball remains his Achilles heel. Has all the ability in the world except when deciding on the final ball

Osimhen: 6:0

His score would’ve been lower had it not been for the work he put in and the penalty he drew. Says a lot when your star striker isn’t the one given the nod to take a crucial penalty kick. Not doing his rep much good by missing two great chances that a striker of his reputation should bury.

Coach: 10.0
With better players, Nigeri would easily win this tournament. Only Senegal gives me pause for concern. Hope all the haters can enjoy the humble pie
I agree but Bassey was at least an 8.

He was in beast mode today. His best game for SE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:53 pm Sanusi wasn't that bad. I would give him a 6
He was PISS POOR.

And this is FAR from the first time.

He sucks honestly. Replace him with Onyeamachi or Aina.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:53 pm Sanusi wasn't that bad. I would give him a 6
Same here. Truth be told, all the players came through today. Aina oh my God way on one today. Baba was all of that plus a bag of chips. He is definitely my MOTM :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:52 pm Sneaky says Ajayi has Arsenal DNA lmao
Guess you didn’t know he was an Arsenal youth team captain. Where did you think he got his quality from?
Acrington Stanley?

Last edited by Sleaky72 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:58 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:49 pm Onyeka deserves 8/10. He was massive in mf today.
Not to take anything away from Onyeka but Kessie and Fofana were poor again.
These are not the same much in demand midfielders in last summer’s European transfer season. It looks like their moves to Saudi Arabia has taken a toll on their competitive edge.
This is why some of us keep saying that our best players should play in the best leagues
Cmon dude. Give Onyeka credit. They both had good games vs EQ as Saudi players. Why is it that when they play Onyeaka their poor performance is because they play in Saudi. Onyeka pocketed them.Petod.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:01 pm
He was PISS POOR.

And this is FAR from the first time.

He sucks honestly. Replace him with Onyeamachi or Aina.
Sanusi was not piss poor. He made one defensive mistake and a couple of indecisive moves when we were attacking. But overall, solid defensively. Nothing went past him. He probably got the lowest rating in our team along with Chukwueze. But I would still give him a 6.
Last edited by Lolly on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

:rotf:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Bassey was my MOM. He was IMMENSE! Was a man mountain today. HE NO GREE FOR ANYBODY!!!

Aina was very good as well but Bassey was something else.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I generally agree with the ratings here but:
Sanusi was not that bad. He made some horrible mistakes but also saved us once. 5.5 or 6

Bassey is only just behind Aina for me. If Aina is a 9 - and I agree with that - Bassey was an 8 or even 8.5.

Onyeka actually was something special today. Ok, he can’t shoot, but he’s the general in the midfield, not Iwobi. He and Ekong were telling people where to go and Onyeka was the main ball winner in the middle. His work of the closing down spaces and forced CIV to look for other routes was Onazi-esque. He’s at least an 8 for me.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:37 am I generally agree with the ratings here but:
Sanusi was not that bad. He made some horrible mistakes but also saved us once. 5.5 or 6

Bassey is only just behind Aina for me. If Aina is a 9 - and I agree with that - Bassey was an 8 or even 8.5.

Onyeka actually was something special today. Ok, he can’t shoot, but he’s the general in the midfield, not Iwobi. He and Ekong were telling people where to go and Onyeka was the main ball winner in the middle. His work of the closing down spaces and forced CIV to look for other routes was Onazi-esque. He’s at least an 8 for me.
I was very impressed with Frank the tank. boy did he cover so much ground.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Yes, Onyeka was better than a 6
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

defence to midfield was solid, formation and game management was followed to a tee apart from the moment we gave them a chance on our goal and the SE keeper stood tall - 8

Attack - We really need to play with our heads up in attack and just let the pass do the talking, just take a que from our demolition of Cameroon and the Argies, well coordinated counter with goals to boot but glory hunting was the order of the day The SE really need to let their superior game count when it matters most especially in attack - 5
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I’ll give Iwobi 6.0.

Upon rewatching the entire game without the tension, I observed that Iwobi didn’t really have any impact in the second half. His conspicuous running around the field didn't translate into tackles, interceptions, or passes. I was genuinely surprised that he wasn't substituted.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Onyeka mad massive, at least a 7.5+, Sanusi was a 6, made a couple of mistakes but he wasn’t a 3 haba lol. Aina MOM easy…I personally would play Aina left and Osayi right…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Calvin “Count” Bassey was a beast in the match. I was genuinely scared when CIV brought on Singo to replace Aurier. I watched Singo when he was at Torino, and he was the reason why Ola Aina was moved to LB. The boy is strong and fast and excellent in attack but our Bassey shut him down! and he is my MoTM with 8.5/10
I am happy
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I do expect Aina to move to a bigger team. He is the modern full back, comfortable playing wingback, comfortable on either wing, a midfield complement strong both in attack and defence. He’d do a job back at Chelsea TBH.

He’s having a good seas at Forest and showing his stuff at Afcon. Happy for the lad.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:36 am Calvin “Count” Bassey was a beast in the match. I was genuinely scared when CIV brought on Singo to replace Aurier. I watched Singo when he was at Torino, and he was the reason why Ola Aina was moved to LB. The boy is strong and fast and excellent in attack but our Bassey shut him down! and he is my MoTM with 8.5/10
I am happy for Bassey. He had a torrid time in Ajax but he is gaining confidence and will be a legend for Naija.

I did tell you guys that the defenders were not the problem, now they are showing their stuff.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:22 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:36 am Calvin “Count” Bassey was a beast in the match. I was genuinely scared when CIV brought on Singo to replace Aurier. I watched Singo when he was at Torino, and he was the reason why Ola Aina was moved to LB. The boy is strong and fast and excellent in attack but our Bassey shut him down! and he is my MoTM with 8.5/10
I am happy for Bassey. He had a torrid time in Ajax but he is gaining confidence and will be a legend for Naija.

I did tell you guys that the defenders were not the problem, now they are showing their stuff.
:biggrin:

Bassey has been playing well for Fulham. And he can only get better with regular playing time in the EPL. I pray his partner Tosin is considered for the SE. That would be a partnership made in heaven.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."