Na Waooh for Super Eagles medical team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg
Na Waooh for Super Eagles medical team

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Sadiq Umar breaks silence on injury saga.

Full statement reads: "I want to extend my heartfelt congratulations to the Super Eagles for their outstanding victory against Ivory Coast. It is imperative for me to address the messages I have received from fellow Nigerians, accusing me of pretending to be injured to depart the national team just before the AFCON and return to my club.

"Clarifying the situation and providing a detailed account of events is essential. I want to express my deep love for Africa and my unwavering affection for Nigeria. Representing our great nation is consistently both a privilege and an honour. Here is a comprehensive explanation of the situation:

"During the friendly match against Guinea, I experienced a significant impact from two Guinean defenders, leading to a penalty in favour of Nigeria. Despite the medical team recommending substitution for preventive measures, I insisted on continuing to play and completed the game. The following day, my knee swelled.

"The Super Eagles’ medical team conducted a thorough examination, revealing a meniscus injury. Consequently, the manager decided to replace me based on the medical assessment, considering uncertainties about my fitness for the AFCON.

"Upon returning to my club and undergoing thorough examinations, the medical team revealed that | had only suffered a bruise, and as a result, I was cleared to resume training.

"I give special thanks to my club, Real Sociedad, for supporting my swift recovery and return to play.

"Representing Nigeria is always my priority; I will never take it for granted. I would gladly accept it if I could return to the team. I am sad that I am not with my colleagues but happy they are winning. I extend my best wishes to the Super Eagles in the ongoing African Nations Cup

#TotalEnergiesAFCON2023 #SoarSuperEagles #AFCON23 #SadiqUmar
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Na Waooh for Super Eagles medical team

Post by packerland »

Nawa for our medical team. How does a knee knock turn into a meniscus tear? The latter takes a month to heal. These are the type of doctors that cut you up looking for appendix rupture when you have just an acid reflux.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, where did you read the meniscus tear diagnosis?

Actually, Sadiq's statement is consistent with the statement from the NFF and the SE doctors, which was that he knee was swollen, and his injury appeared to be one that would take a few days to heal. The last day to replace an injured player for the AFCON was Jan 13, so the team made a decision to call a replacement player.

BTW, he played 15 minutes. That is no proof of full fitness.
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:00 am Nawa for our medical team. How does a knee knock turn into a meniscus tear? The latter takes a month to heal. These are the type of doctors that cut you up looking for appendix rupture when you have just an acid reflux.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:35 am Uncle, where did you read the meniscus tear diagnosis?

Actually, Sadiq's statement is consistent with the statement from the NFF and the SE doctors, which was that he knee was swollen, and his injury appeared to be one that would take a few days to heal. The last day to replace an injured player for the AFCON was Jan 13, so the team made a decision to call a replacement player.

BTW, he played 15 minutes. That is no proof of full fitness.

Senior uncle,

The article mentioned meniscus. The only damage to the meniscus that will keep him out based on their timeline is a tear. I’m not a medical doctor, so I googled it before I opened my mouth.

Our medical team fcked up.
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:00 am Nawa for our medical team. How does a knee knock turn into a meniscus tear? The latter takes a month to heal. These are the type of doctors that cut you up looking for appendix rupture when you have just an acid reflux.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Can a bone bruise and meniscus tear appear similar in a scan? I believe the facility that performed the scan does the initial diagnosis before sending it to the doc. Unless the wrong scan was sent to the doctors, this is complete system failure that might even involve CAF. His scan in Spain and in Ivory Coast should be sent to an independent doctor for confirmation..
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

this is not a big deal. why are you people second guessing professionals that were on the "field"?
He should be grateful, some people just heal better in spain :rotf: .
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:59 am Can a bone bruise and meniscus tear appear similar in a scan? I believe the facility that performed the scan does the initial diagnosis before sending it to the doc. Unless the wrong scan was sent to the doctors, this is complete system failure that might even involve CAF. His scan in Spain and in Ivory Coast should be sent to an independent doctor for confirmation..
Again reading is fundamental. He made no mention of a scan.
They likely made a clinical diagnosis.
I know you are accustomed to being scanned in America, I believe it is not often the standard of care elsewhere.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Stagger Lee, wishing you a speedy recovery away from Afcon.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

He said our team said “meniscus injury”. Sociedad’s team said “bruise”. The meniscus can bruise too and not necessarily tear.

Honestly I just think our team and technical crew chose the least risky alternative with replacing Sadiq. That was the last day they had to make a choice
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

deanotito wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:09 am
He said our team said “meniscus injury”. Sociedad’s team said “bruise”. The meniscus can bruise too and not necessarily tear.

Honestly I just think our team and technical crew chose the least risky alternative with replacing Sadiq. That was the last day they had to make a choice
Thank God we defeated CIV. Some would have attributed any loss to absence of Sadiq.

He had an injury. They had to make a decision and they chose to leave him out of the team. Not sure what the issue is. They felt he is not fit enough. He can go and regain full fitness in Spain.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Na Waooh for Super Eagles medical t

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:31 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:59 am Can a bone bruise and meniscus tear appear similar in a scan? I believe the facility that performed the scan does the initial diagnosis before sending it to the doc. Unless the wrong scan was sent to the doctors, this is complete system failure that might even involve CAF. His scan in Spain and in Ivory Coast should be sent to an independent doctor for confirmation..
I know you are accustomed to being scanned in America, I believe it is not often the standard of care elsewhere.
What kind of ignoramus are you? A meniscus diagnosis cannot be made without a scan to show the damage. If you don’t know then say nothing. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Sounds like the smart thing would have been to pull him off immediately after the injury in the first place
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Thank you. No where in the report did they report a tear. A tear is completely different from a bruise. And a bruise is an injury, just like he said. A tear would have required surgery or several months to heal by itself. The initial diagnosis was that he would be out for 15 days. You will need months for a tear that can heal by itself to heal.

I still think the SE doctors made the right call. And in my opinion, Real Sociedad rushed Sadiq back, that's why he played only 15 minutes.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I agree totally.
If they’d had a few more days before the deadline, I believe they’d have waited a bit longer.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

First, where did you get the word 'tear' from? How are you different from
the kind of doctors in your mindset you are fictionalizing? If you were his doctor,
you would have successfully failed in your diagnosis :tic: . In any case, misdiagnoses
happen all over the world. That's why even the medics always talk of a second
opinion.

Last year, I experienced abdominal pains, I did all the tests, which diagnosed
appendicitis. I successfully underwent an appendectomy in Akure Ondo State.
I didn't even have to look for cash because my health insurance paid for it.
Just know that there are success stories...in fact more success stories here
than there are regrettable
and avoidable failures.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

They already had issues with Kelechi and Moffi wasn't in camp so they panicked. This is a classic mountain out of a molehill situation. Given that Onuachu has seen vital minutes it was the absolute right decision.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I agree. In those first few days when the knee is still full of fluids, it can be tough to be sure on the extent of the damage, ie tear or just bruising. They made the right call. Can you imagine if they’d gambled and then found out he was going to be out for a month. CE would have gone apoplectic, and rightly so.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:36 am

Thank God we defeated CIV. Some would have attributed any loss to absence of Sadiq.

He had an injury. They had to make a decision and they chose to leave him out of the team. Not sure what the issue is. They felt he is not fit enough. He can go and regain full fitness in Spain.
:thumbs:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:35 am Thank you. No where in the report did they report a tear. A tear is completely different from a bruise. And a bruise is an injury, just like he said. A qtear would have required surgery or several months to heal by itself. The initial diagnosis was that he would be out for 15 days. You will need months for a tear that can heal by itself to heal.

I still think the SE doctors made the right call. And in my opinion, Real Sociedad rushed Sadiq back, that's why he played only 15 minutes.

A grade 1 & 2 does not require surgery. It’s only a grade 3 tear that needs surgery. The fact that this dude played within days after he was sent home doesn’t make sense. Either our doctors were way off with their diagnosis and are being laughed at or Real Sociedad’s medical team no get sense at all to allow him to play so soon, especially for a player that came back so soon from an ACL injury.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think the coach didn't want to risk due to the deadline. This should be over. This is now a distraction
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:rotf: :rotf: this cracked me up
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But there was no mention of the word "tear" in the statement, be it grade 1, 2, 3.
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:26 am
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:35 am Thank you. No where in the report did they report a tear. A tear is completely different from a bruise. And a bruise is an injury, just like he said. A qtear would have required surgery or several months to heal by itself. The initial diagnosis was that he would be out for 15 days. You will need months for a tear that can heal by itself to heal.

A grade 1 & 2 does not require surgery. It’s only a grade 3 tear that needs surgery. The fact that this dude played within days after he was sent home doesn’t make sense. Either our doctors were way off with their diagnosis and are being laughed at or Real Sociedad’s medical team no get sense at all to allow him to play so soon, especially for a player that came back so soon from an ACL injury.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Na Waooh for Super Eagles medical t

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:08 am
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:31 am
What kind of ignoramus are you? A meniscus diagnosis cannot be made without a scan to show the damage. If you don’t know then say nothing. :roll:
FYI
you can make a clinical diagnosis without the use of a"scan". Scan can be used to ascertain the extent of the injury and/or confirm the clinical diagnosis made based on physical examination.