Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikemba
Egg
Egg
Re: Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)

Post by ikemba »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:38 pm My goodness!! Osimhen is sooo bad!!!
Osimhen just dey pain you :lol:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Excellent half by the Eagles against an opponent that has nothing to lose.

This has been a very controlled game by the Eagles. The gulf in class should show in the 2nd half, so this could end up as 2-0, 3-0 or more.

I would not change a thing, except maybe take Semi off to save him as he got a rubbish yellow.

Ref has been bad.

I'm not sure why anyone who truly understands the game, and our position on the table would complain. It'll be nice to see us score a couple of goals from open play though.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:40 pm
Undertaker wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:39 pm African player of the year??????????? open header... was it too high for him?
A bit high. Not an easy chance...
TXJ, please lets say it as it is. This Osimhen hasn't done anything for us so far. This is his third game of the tournament, yet he hasn't shown the world anything in football
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

None of our players are scoring that from the header apart from maybe Osimhen himself and Onuachu who wasn't called up.

Moffi would miss it, Boniface would miss it, Iheanacho would have missed that, Awoniyi would have missed that.

Now if they brought it down, controlled it etc. Then yes I could see the others with a shot. But with just one touch at that height, I think only two of our players score it. Osimhen and Onuachu.

Even Simy Nwankwo does not do as well aerially as he should.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:39 pm Lol. Some of our players are not the sharpest tools in the box. Coach Pisiero has aged 10 years in this game trying to get some of our guys to do basics. :rotf:

Its the transition defending that he's going beserk about. Especially on the right side, with Osayi not collapsing quickly into the block formation...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

No final ball.......

We can't play through the middle.

How I miss Mutiu Adepoju
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

una dey here dey shout if una see the goal CIV let in , una go tanda for corner..my goodness dem open dem up
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Osihmen is one of the most prolific headers in world football, that was an impossible header.
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

There is a chance Osimhen could have missed the sitter, if it wasn't turned in by the opponent.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:42 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:40 pm That was a very tough header Im not shocked it went off target.
You take it down on your chest and volley in. I've seen Yekini score those with absolute ease.
Take it down how? It was flying past him not dropping, his only option was to jump to meet it and try to redirect it. I’ll criticize him when warranted but come on that’s a reach…pun intended…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Chukwueze and Osayi have had plenty of opportunities but they just cannot get it right.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:40 pm That was a very tough header Im not shocked it went off target.
You take it down on your chest and volley in. I've seen Yekini score those with absolute ease.
O ya, mention them. Which matches?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Aribo seems to be off the pace. Maybe a substitution should be made at half-time
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Osimhen can score from that position. Just a bit of bad luck. He is one of the best in the world at scoring difficult headers.

The technique was correct. Nothing like the miss against Equatorial Guinea where the technique was wrong.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:40 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:39 pm Another miss by Osimhen!
99.5% of footballers would have missed that. Firstly most would not get on the end of it.
Not sure how you arrive at the statistics

Minimum is direct the header towards the goal. At least let it be on target
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Osimhen has played well just has to start finishing the chances. There is no midfield.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Who gave aribo the number 10 shirt what an abomination. This is why, it’s very important to have players at the best clubs in the world. In my opinion, only Lookman, bassey, osimehn, Aina and osayi deserve to wear this SE Jersey. This is not the Okocha, Kanu, oliseh that I grew watching.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:39 pm African player of the year??????????? open header... was it too high for him?
Undie you fit head that ball in? yeye guy :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

john12 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:47 pm Who gave aribo the number 10 shirt what an abomination. This is why, it’s very important to have players at the best clubs in the world. In my opinion, only Lookman, bassey, osimehn, Aina and osayi deserve to wear this SE Jersey. This is not the Okocha, Kanu, oliseh that I grew watching.
You be old cargo :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

You dey watch ball ! Elaho to Yekini in 1992 against Kenya. Baba Yekini go bury that ball !
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Am still wondering what exactly Aribo brings to the table
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Aribo - thanks for your service but your race is run. There's just nothing there, jeez.

If we move the ball just a bit quicker we will score lots. We take sooo many touches on the ball its like watching non-league football. The goal scored came from quick passing - big switch out to Aina who heads it first time onto Simon who takes 2 touches and crosses. Even the goal (own goal) was a one-touch finish.

We've got to move it quicker!! Come on boys, we can't take this type of game deeper into the tournament.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:42 pm Terrible, terrible football. Why has Peseiro subjected us to this eyesore?
Which match are you watching? That was a solid performance. This is the best I've seen our defense play and the midfield was pretty good. Overall, very okay performance.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!