Moses Simon delighted with performance as Nigeria secures victory

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

In a standout display that earned him the prestigious TotalEnergies Man of the Match accolade, Moses Simon expressed contentment with Nigeria's narrow triumph over Guinea Bissau in the final group stage match of the TotalEnergies CAF Africa Cup of Nations Côte d'Ivoire 2023.

Simon played a pivotal role in Opa Sangate's own goal, ultimately proving decisive for Nigeria.

Satisfied with his current form, Simon believes he has reached the expected level of performance for the Super Eagles.

"In good shape, both physically and mentally, I attempt many things, even if the outcomes don't always align with my intentions," he shared.

"I position myself where I am needed. Our primary goal was to secure a victory, ensuring our qualification for the knockout stage and avoiding complicated calculations," he added with a chuckle.

Having clinched second place in Group A with 7 points, Nigeria is set to face the second-placed team in Group C on January 27 at the Stade Félix Houphouët Boigny stadium in Abidjan.

Moses Simon acknowledges the potential threats posed by all teams in the competition.

"Every team is dangerous; we need to rest well and start anew," he concluded.

https://www.cafonline.com/caf-africa-cu ... s-victory/
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses Simon delighted with performance as Nigeria secures victory

Post by Synopsis »

How did he get man of the match? I don’t recall a single positive thing he did.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Synopsis wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:01 am How did he get man of the match? I don’t recall a single positive thing he did.
Haters :lol: :lol:.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Synopsis wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:01 am How did he get man of the match? I don’t recall a single positive thing he did.
There was a palpable buzz in the stadium whenever he was on the ball. And of course he served up that wicked ball that resulted in the goal. He buzzed around the place, relished this new role that allows his to travel with Samu, and got the EG defence back-pedalling like caught with his neighbors wife.

He generally over-hits his crosses which is frustrating, but if you don’t recall a single thing he did, may I suggest a rewatch.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Man of the match is the guy who scored the own goal.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Robotnik wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:12 am Man of the match is the guy who scored the own goal.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bro you best me for post.

He was absolutely useless. In fact today has made it clear for me that we need to move beyond this wastepipe. He just jeeps doing the same head down dribble and easily get tackled thing.

Tella cannot be worse.

I'm done with Simon.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Aina and bassey has been our best players consequently and they haven’t been awarded MOM. Momentarily, all these MOM awards are politics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:52 am Aina and bassey has been our best players consequently and they haven’t been awarded MOM. Momentarily, all these MOM awards are politics
They just gave it to him because of his cross that lead to the goal.

But the guy was very poor for a winger.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This donkey had probably the easiest 1v1 of his life against the Guinea Bissau GK and chose to dribble around like a donkey after a bad first touch...poor poor excuse of a player...man, we really need to phase out this brainless players and start phasing in the likes of Tella and Orban after this tournament.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:02 am This donkey had probably the easiest 1v1 of his life against the Guinea Bissau GK and chose to dribble around like a donkey after a bad first touch...poor poor excuse of a player...man, we really need to phase out this brainless players and start phasing in the likes of Tella and Orban after this tournament.
I cannot agree anymore.

As I said I AM DONE with low IQ players like Simon, who are just dumb, dumb, dumb. I've watched his sideline dancing for too focking long.

Get him the hell away from our SE.

Useless, brainless player.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:43 am
Robotnik wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:12 am Man of the match is the guy who scored the own goal.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :ohmy:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Chai, see hate. He was very good. Created a problem for our coach as both him and Lookman are at their best on the left
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 am Chai, see hate. He was very good. Created a problem for our coach as both him and Lookman are at their best on the left
The hate is incredible. Even when he’s awarded Motm. I tire.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:02 am
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 am Chai, see hate. He was very good. Created a problem for our coach as both him and Lookman are at their best on the left
The hate is incredible. Even when he’s awarded Motm. I tire.
It is what it IS. Although, I divided not think he was our best plater, he was one of those I rated high for his performance. In addition, he actually WON THE GAME for Nigeria. It was his vicious cross that forced tge own goal and thus MVP is reasonable just as it was for Osimhen in the Ivory Coast game. Obviously, they are valuing the guy with most DIRECT impact on the outcome.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is no problem.

Lookman has been far superior, and is far superior.

The problem is only if Peseiro is a fool.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:43 pm
There is no problem.

The same Passiero that shouldn't get sacked no matter the outcome :blink:?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:38 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:43 pm
There is no problem.

The same Passiero that shouldn't get sacked no matter the outcome :blink:?
Right now I'm indifferent.

Let us see what happens going forward.

But I do think consistency is a good thing. Let us just see.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...you must be one of them who watches with one eye closed, or dozing off during match :rotf: