Morrocco & Senegal are ahead of everyone - AFCON 24'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
Morrocco & Senegal are ahead of everyone - AFCON 24'

Post by kash n' karry »

:twisted: :evil:
Frankly speaking these 2 teams are the scarily the best teams in Africa and followed by Algeria at 3rd.
They both don't run aimlessly like headless chickens all over the place especially on offense :atc:

Watching them closely gives me hope for African soccer as it looks that these 2 teams are playing chess while
the rest of the continent is playing checkers. Morrocco did not get to the World cup Semi's by accident and neitther did
Senegal winning its recent AFCON trophy !! :blink:

I want to enjoin everyone, especially every NATIONAL COACH to take the time and study these 2 teams in Morrocco and Senegal for a closer study... they both seem to know exactly how to positions themselves and score effortlessly in front of goals.

I also think they both are both Africa's new hope at the World stage !! :thumbs:

Additionally... worth mentioning for their new found excellences are.. . Cape Verde, Equitorial Guinea, Congo DR
These 2 teams deserve all the praises as i hope they will keep the pressure on the established African teams that have
not significantly improved their technical game over the years. These are the sleeping African teams resting on their
laurels i.e. Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Zamibia etc !! :scared:

These old great teams of yester-years MUST WAKE UP to the new technicalities of the game... The game is not WON by
who does the out-hussling BUT by who is SMART and ORGANIZED enough to put the ball behind the opposing team's goal post.

This is the difference b/w the best European and South American nations compared to Africa's teams AND i think this is still the next signed post ahead of our Africa game in order to break the mold through !!

A word is enough for the wise as i hope the evolutions of the beautiful game progresses considerably under the lenses of the old giants of the games in African namely .. . i.e. Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Zamibia etc !! :drool:
=================================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morrocco & Senegal are ahead of everyone - AFCON 24'

Post by airwolex »

Morocco struggled against Congo. Still waiting for a stern test for Senegal, but they looked good.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:34 pm :twisted: :evil:
Frankly speaking these 2 teams are the scarily the best teams in Africa and followed by Algeria at 3rd.
They both don't run aimlessly like headless chickens all over the place especially on offense :atc:

Watching them closely gives me hope for African soccer as it looks that these 2 teams are playing chess while
the rest of the continent is playing checkers. Morrocco did not get to the World cup Semi's by accident and neitther did

I want to enjoin everyone, especially every NATIONAL COACH to take the time and study these 2 teams in Morrocco and Senegal for a closer study... they both seem to know exactly how to positions themselves and score effortlessly in front of goals.

I also think they both are both Africa's new hope at the World stage !! :thumbs:

Additionally... worth mentioning for their new found excellences are.. . Cape Verde, Equitorial Guinea, Congo DR
These 2 teams deserve all the praises as i hope they will keep the pressure on the established African teams that have
not significantly improved their technical game over the years. These are the sleeping African teams resting on their
laurels i.e. Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Zamibia etc !! :scared:

These old great teams of yester-years MUST WAKE UP to the new technicalities of the game... The game is not WON by
who does the out-hussling BUT by who is SMART and ORGANIZED enough to put the ball behind the opposing team's goal post.

This is the difference b/w the best European and South American nations compared to Africa's teams AND i think this is still the next signed post ahead of our Africa game in order to break the mold through !!

A word is enough for the wise as i hope the evolutions of the beautiful game progresses considerably under the lenses of the old giants of the games in African namely .. . i.e. Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Zamibia etc !! :drool:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The Algeria you’re so high on did not get out of their group; they finished dead last. If Morocco lose to Zambia today, a distinct possibility, they would have to rely on a third place finish to advance. As for Senegal, recall that Nigeria won all her group games in the previous AFCON only to go out in the next round🤔❗️

Cheers.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Both teams have certainly lived up to their pedigree. However, wake me up if/when they make it to the semi final. For example, if the results from the Group F games today get CIV into the 2nd round against Senegal, it will not surprise me if CIV win that game. We all know what happened to the SE when we rolled through the group stage and got bounced out by Tunisia.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

airwolex wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:35 pm Morocco struggled against Congo. Still waiting for a stern test for Senegal, but they looked good.
:evil: :twisted:
Yes.. . Congo DR is one of the underdogs doing quite well, I actually enlisted them in my 1st post above here in the thread !!
i am not suprised that they gave Morrocco a tough time. Congo DR has had historical great soccer-ings in the past :thumb:

But if one really want to assess how good is Morrocco is... THEN their game against Tanzania is a big revelation of how organized and poised they are in the European mold.

Plus it does not help that most of the Morroccan players are 5'11'' and taller including their keeper

Morrocco and Senegal are by all means heavy favorites to win this tournament.. . but we shall see !! :drool:
===============================================
The World is run on bluff - Marcus Garvey !!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Naija fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:02 pm Both teams have certainly lived up to their pedigree. However, wake me up if/when they make it to the semi final. For example, if the results from the Group F games today get CIV into the 2nd round against Senegal, it will not surprise me if CIV win that game. We all know what happened to the SE when we rolled through the group stage and got bounced out by Tunisia.
Naija Fan :blink: .... you are putting your hopes on CIV ..which lost 4-0 to Equitorial Guinea in front of their fans and on their home soil ??? :scared:
You are on your own on those with those wishful thinking on CIV Ooo !! :mrgreen:
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:09 pm
Naija fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:02 pm Both teams have certainly lived up to their pedigree. However, wake me up if/when they make it to the semi final. For example, if the results from the Group F games today get CIV into the 2nd round against Senegal, it will not surprise me if CIV win that game. We all know what happened to the SE when we rolled through the group stage and got bounced out by Tunisia.
Naija Fan :blink: .... you are putting your hopes on CIV ..which lost 4-0 to Equitorial Guinea in front of their fans and on their home soil ??? :scared:
You are on your own on those with those wishful thinking on CIV Ooo !! :mrgreen:
8-) :) :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Senegal is a good team but there’s absolutely nothing special about them, they defend and attack at an above average level but they’re certainly not world beaters. If the WC starts today Senegal would be where it’s always been, 1st rd or 2nd rd and out. That’s typically the level Afcon champs rank in the world . Morocco is a better team than Senegal and are clearly the favorites as of now but they’re also very beatable as we saw in their last match. Our SE have a good chance at beating either of them.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Naija fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:11 pm
CIV don jogodo Ooo.. . their fans are under torture right now ... !! :rotf: :rotf:
They need to beat a hasty retreat on their goal slumps and same goes for Naija !!

I can't wait to see Iheanacho and Ahmed Musa in our mix agains Cameroun in the 2nd round :mrgreen:
========================================================
“Power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, then you aren’t, because being
a lady {powerful} is obvious.”
- Margaret Thatcher
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:23 pm Senegal is a good team but there’s absolutely nothing special about them, they defend and attack at an above average level but they’re certainly not world beaters. If the WC starts today Senegal would be where it’s always been, 1st rd or 2nd rd and out. That’s typically the level Afcon champs rank in the world . Morocco is a better team than Senegal and are clearly the favorites as of now but they’re also very beatable as we saw in their last match. Our SE have a good chance at beating either of them.
Kongi ...your house no dey head Oooo !! :taunt: :taunt:
You contradicted when you inferred they are defending and attacking above average YET you see nothing special in them !! :scared:
Right now ... Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Zamibia, South Africa etc - Are all playing below average let alone at average !! :???:
See ... Senegal don't have to be World beaters at this stage {eventhough they are} ...they just have to be African beaters at this AFCON ... {which they already are} : :atc:

Our SE have no chance at this stage to beat Senegal OR Morrocco...except we are 1. Blind patriots, 2. Delusional or 3. We miraculously improve asap !!
======================================================
“A man who has no imagination has no wings.”
“Don’t count the days; make the days count.”
- Muhammad Ali
Last edited by kash n' karry on Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:27 pm
CIV don jogodo Ooo.. . their fans are under torture right now ... !! :rotf: :rotf:
They need to beat a hasty retreat on their goal slumps and same goes for Naija !!

I can't wait to see Iheanacho and Ahmed Musa in our mix agains Cameroun in the 2nd round :mrgreen:
“Power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, then you aren’t, because being
- Margaret Thatcher
CIV right now is like a drowning man praying for a life line. There is a pretty good chance they may just get it by the end of the day if results from Group F are favorable for them. I can see Morocco beating Zambia and DRC beating Tanzania. If that happens. CIV will play Senegal. I will not want to be the team (Senegal) playing against a home team that just a second chance to redeem themselves. Just saying
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The verdict is still out on Morocco. They haven't convinced me yet
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Naija fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:43 pm
kash n' karry wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:27 pm

- Margaret Thatcher
CIV right now is like a drowning man praying for a life line. There is a pretty good chance they may just get it by the end of the day if results from Group F are favorable for them. I can see Morocco beating Zambia and DRC beating Tanzania. If that happens. CIV will play Senegal. I will not want to be the team (Senegal) playing against a home team that just a second chance to redeem themselves. Just saying
True talk... but hmmm .. .Senegal has always been a fearless team regardless of where they play AND them finally winning that last AFCON will only serve to transcended them well going foward !!

All the pressure will be on CIV playing against Senegal on home soil though... CIV better hope to avoid Senegal or else they are gonna be in the oven !! :mrgreen:
“Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world but to change ourselves.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:46 pm The verdict is still out on Morocco. They haven't convinced me yet
Did you see their Tunisia put apart game ??
So which team has convinced you so far at this stage ??? :rotf:
=====================================
If da truth hurts.. .. then it's da darn truth !!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:23 pm Senegal is a good team but there’s absolutely nothing special about them, they defend and attack at an above average level but they’re certainly not world beaters. If the WC starts today Senegal would be where it’s always been, 1st rd or 2nd rd and out. That’s typically the level Afcon champs rank in the world . Morocco is a better team than Senegal and are clearly the favorites as of now but they’re also very beatable as we saw in their last match. Our SE have a good chance at beating either of them.
You contradicted when you inferred they are defending and attacking above average YET you see nothing special in them !! :scared:
Right now ... Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Zamibia, South Africa etc - Are all playing below average let alone at average !! :???:
See ... Senegal don't have to be World beaters at this stage {eventhough they are} ...they just have to be African beaters at this AFCON ... {which they already are} : :atc:

Our SE have no chance at this stage to beat Senegal OR Morrocco...except we are 1. Blind patriots, 2. Delusional or 3. We miraculously improve asap !!
- Muhammad Ali

We just saw Senegal at the WC recently, they’re a decent hardworking side but nothing special. If you can move the ball around quickly they’ll turn to sitting ducks. I don’t even think they’ll make the finals.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:18 pm

- Muhammad Ali

We just saw Senegal at the WC recently, they’re a decent hardworking side but nothing special. If you can move the ball around quickly they’ll turn to sitting ducks. I don’t even think they’ll make the finals.
Kongi ... check out these last 10 of Senegal matches from last yr to the present ... I ain't bluffing

Senegal 1 : CIV 0 {Jan 14, 2023}
Senegal 3 : DR Congo 0 {Jan 22, 2023}
Senegal 5 : Mozambique 1 {March 24, 2023}
Senegal 1 : Mozambique 0 {March 28, 2023}
Senegal 3 : Gambia 0 {Jan 15, 2024}
Senegal 4 : South Sudan 0 {Nov 18, 2022}
Senegal 4 : Brazil 2 {Jan 20, 2023}
Senegal 2 : Guinea 0 {Jan 23, 2024}
Senegal 1 : Cameroun {Oct 16, 2023}
Senegal 3 : Cameroun 1 {Jan 19, 2024}

This is a team that does more than just move da ball bcos they're NOW on the same level as the best of teams in Africa

Kongi .... start shaking vigourously when have to meet them... let alone Morrocco enroute to winning another CAF trophy if at all !! :mrgreen:
===================================================
“If we are true to ourselves, we cannot be false to anyone.”
“Be great in act as you have been in thought.” – William Shakespeare
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Manifesting Morocco vs Senegal in the round of 16.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Morocco could finish 3rd in the group if they lose to Zambia and DRC beat Tanzania. With the way the tournament has been going, I won't bet against that happening.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I doubt that many will argue with you on this. Watching Morocco play shows a team that is heads and shoulders above all other teams, at this tournament. Although, sometimes, it seems too easy for them that they let down their guard. However, they are simply unstoppable for most part. If they are to be eliminated, by team, it will require a lucky bounce or penalty kick shootout earned by a fortunate opponent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Neither Senegal or Morocco will fancy playing against Nigeria
I am happy
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:41 pm

I doubt that many will argue with you on this. Watching Morocco play shows a team that is heads and shoulders above all other teams, at this tournament. Although, sometimes, it seems too easy for them that they let down their guard. However, they are simply unstoppable for most part. If they are to be eliminated, by team, it will require a lucky bounce or penalty kick shootout earned by a fortunate opponent.
True talk .... i just like the way Morrocco sets up its offense everytime ... it is quite clinical to watch... not the typical gra gra African way !!
If Africa is to make the next step forward in soccer ... we have to spend a lot of time on clinically setting our offensive moves up to score goals... this is an open secret... !!
The good news is atleast in the modern era the soccer officials cannot cheat the game as much by making flimsly calls against African teams and the likes !! There is something called VAR to fact check ... :mrgreen:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

kash n' karry wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:58 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:18 pm

- Muhammad Ali

Kongi ... check out these last 10 of Senegal matches from last yr to the present ... I ain't bluffing

Senegal 3 : Cameroun 1 {Jan 19, 2024}

This is a team that does more than just move da ball bcos they're NOW on the same level as the best of teams in Africa

Kongi .... start shaking vigourously when have to meet them... let alone Morrocco enroute to winning another CAF trophy if at all !! :mrgreen:
===================================================
“If we are true to ourselves, we cannot be false to anyone.”
“Be great in act as you have been in thought.” – William Shakespeare

I don care if they beat milky way all stars home and away. They're very beatable by a well organized team with talent like Nigeria. I respect them but I don't fear them at all. The team might be better that SE but we have better talent.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:58 pm Neither Senegal or Morocco will fancy playing against Nigeria
Below ... hmmm, with these recent results of Senegal, I think them and Morrocco
will be looking for us to make a scape goat out of :mrgreen: