Our Osimhen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oglex30
Egg
Egg
Re: Our Osimhen

Post by oglex30 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:31 am
Chelsea bound
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:43 am
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:40 am
ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:18 am
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:15 am He was really good today!

Just needs to add goals and take us to the title, and he will be added to the list of great Nigerian footballers.
STFU
Okay.
my apologies

Why are you apologizing to the attention seeking punk?
Peter Obi For President 2023
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:45 am
XX

have you monitized? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Babalawo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:56 am
ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:43 am
bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:40 am
ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:18 am

Just needs to add goals and take us to the title, and he will be added to the list of great Nigerian footballers.
STFU
Okay.
my apologies

Why are you apologizing to the attention seeking punk?
it is the proper thing to do. Bushboy has a right to his opinion and should not be insulted for it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

He’s a special player
If he adds clinical finishing to his armory, he’ll be a ballon d’or contender
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:54 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:39 am He's a great player, there is no doubt about that.

His finishing on the other hand is worse than average.

He can learn from that dredded Angolan striker.
- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - goes and scores 31 goals in a top flight European season, then Osimhen can learn from him.

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - is named the highest goal scorer in a top flight European season, then Osimhen can learn from him.

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - becomes the highest scoring African in in a top flight European league, then Osimhen can learn from him

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - becomes the highest goal scoring Afrian in the history of a top flight European league, besting legends like Eto'o and Weah, then Osimhen can learn from him.

Your problem is that you do not have respect! But I dont blame you, your team does NOT have to play against Osimhen. If your team does, he would have taught you some respect.
Thank you. Perfect response to a nonsensical post.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mutiman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:22 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:54 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:39 am He's a great player, there is no doubt about that.

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - goes and scores 31 goals in a top flight European season, then Osimhen can learn from him.

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - is named the highest goal scorer in a top flight European season, then Osimhen can learn from him.

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - becomes the highest scoring African in in a top flight European league, then Osimhen can learn from him

- When the dreaded Angolan - whose name you dont even know - becomes the highest goal scoring Afrian in the history of a top flight European league, besting legends like Eto'o and Weah, then Osimhen can learn from him.

Your problem is that you do not have respect! But I dont blame you, your team does NOT have to play against Osimhen. If your team does, he would have taught you some respect.
Thank you. Perfect response to a nonsensical post.
Even the dreaded Angolan with the unknown name shrines Osimhen
I am happy
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bro, I like you…ur very passionate but sometimes u need to think before u type!!

One of the best strikers in the world need to learn from Who?

Anywho……u will look so stttupiid if the Angolan striker goes after Osimhen shirt after the game on Friday
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Jmal wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:24 pm
Good to see that all Nigerians are not the same, many actually appreciate the hard work he is putting in. I was worried the way people on this site were insulting him.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

2think wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:05 am He puts the fear of God into the defenders.
You blink, it's over!
...don't say that, they might go for hurt.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I read that Our Osimhen is in the 98th percentile in finishing. Some of you watch a couple games and think you know everything about APOY.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...add goals and create goals na the same thing.
If he had taken your stance to "add goals" and was selfish for that 1st goal he passed on to Lookman, we for dey sing a different tune.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Osimhen reminds me of that mosquito that keeps coming to your ear, no matter what you do.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:02 pm Image
Who are those super eagles players that came to join him. Put tears in my eyes. No envy by them just great support and encouragement. These guys deserve this turny and more
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

jungle-jawara wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:02 pm Image
Who are those super eagles players that came to join him. Put tears in my eyes. No envy by them just great support and encouragement. These guys deserve this turny and more
I loved that… there is a video/clip of Ekong shouting ‘this na you’ when they were celebrating the first goal.
As for Ekong. Bloody hell, that chap has served me some very hot humble pie I am unashamed to say. I historically though if him as symbolic of the rubbish the Eagles had become in several years, but oh boy, I am seeing calmness and leadership in not seen in a Nigerian defence line and captain for such a long time, it is so refreshing. Thought of him as a 2 legged misfit but whatever he is doing I beg him keep doing. On the whole it is great to see a group of players play for one another and no rumbling from folks on the bench. We have not won anything yet, but long may this never say die attitude continue!
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He is amazing. Just saw th gam again. For the first goal he tackles a defender and the ball goes out. The subsequent throwing goes to Gonzalez and Osimhen is on him like a flash.

For the second, he wins a ball he shouldn't and it starts the move.

He is almost like if Kante was a striker. He's anticipating and ability to latch on to balls is uncanny.

It's not by luck either. I think bobo is a football savant. You could almost see him studying Gonzalez and finally decoding him and solving the problem.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:16 pm He is amazing. Just saw th gam again. For the first goal he tackles a defender and the ball goes out. The subsequent throwing goes to Gonzalez and Osimhen is on him like a flash.

For the second, he wins a ball he shouldn't and it starts the move.

He is almost like if Kante was a striker. He's anticipating and ability to latch on to balls is uncanny.

It's not by luck either. I think bobo is a football savant. You could almost see him studying Gonzalez and finally decoding him and solving the problem.
Real talk :thumbs: :thumbs:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I don’t understand some people who like fighting shadows.
Osimhen is giving “world class” effort, however, it’s not a crime
nor a taboo to point out that strikers are judged by their goal scoring returns.
It makes me laugh when the same people who mock Gabriel Jesus for his
work rate and low goal return, now attack others for saying that Vic is giving us a heavy work load but has yet to give us clinical finishing.

This is the problem with insecure people who can’t handle opposing points of view.
There isn’t one person here who doesn’t love Vic and the work he’s doing on the field.
Saying he also needs to add a clinical finishing edge to his work isn’t a crime, it’s an informed observation. It’s not done to diminish him as an individual but rather point out an obvious thing he needs to add to his game to reach the next level.

Anyway big props to the lad. He led the line with the heart of a lion.
My only worry for him is how the Napoli fans will receive him after hearing
he will be leaving at the end of the season.
Will be watching this space closely.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:52 pm I don’t understand some people who like fighting shadows.
nor a taboo to point out that strikers are judged by their goal scoring returns.
work rate and low goal return, now attack others for saying that Vic is giving us a heavy work load but has yet to give us clinical finishing.

This is the problem with insecure people who can’t handle opposing points of view.
There isn’t one person here who doesn’t love Vic and the work he’s doing on the field.
Saying he also needs to add a clinical finishing edge to his work isn’t a crime, it’s an informed observation. It’s not done to diminish him as an individual but rather point out an obvious thing he needs to add to his game to reach the next level.

He has 21 goals in 31 games for Nigeria…

A couple misses and people are acting like his goal rate is similar to Weghorst or something.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:34 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:52 pm I don’t understand some people who like fighting shadows.

A couple misses and people are acting like his goal rate is similar to Weghorst or something.
Imagine putting osimhen's name in the same paragraph as the name of his club's 50milllion mistake. :lol:

Gabby Jesus who has never won highest goalscorer award. Gabby Jesus who has played 10 seasons of professional football, but has NEVER scored 15 league goals a season in his entire life!

This is what we have to accept because a part of our fanbase supports that club.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

even Brazilians do not rate Gabi. let sleaky rant as much as he wants. Them eye go soon open
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:14 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:34 pm

Imagine putting osimhen's name in the same paragraph as the name of his club's 50milllion mistake. :lol:

Gabby Jesus who has never won highest goalscorer award. Gabby Jesus who has played 10 seasons of professional football, but has NEVER scored 15 league goals a season in his entire life!

This is what we have to accept because a part of our fanbase supports that club.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved