Angola

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mojojojo
Egg
Egg
Angola

Post by mojojojo »

Angola has scored 9 goals in this competition albeit against lesser teams.

SE will need to improve our goal scoring and keep the defense as tight as ever.

Nwabili is key. We must have him back. His ball distribution and accurate long range passes are key to how we play. When Uzoho came on, his long range passing was poor and put us under undue pressure.
icee
Egg
Egg
Re: Angola

Post by icee »

mojojojo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:57 pm Angola has scored 9 goals in this competition albeit against lesser teams.

Nwabili is key. We must have him back. His ball distribution and accurate long range passes are key to how we play. When Uzoho came on, his long range passing was poor and put us under undue pressure.
You're putting "long range" and Uzouho in the same sentence. Bobo put us under pressure immediately with his floating ball, easy to read and can't pass 1/2 way line. Nwabili will zip the ball deep into the opponents and put them under pressure. For this reason alone, I am open to trying the 3rd choice if he has a better shot
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

icee wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:04 am
mojojojo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:57 pm Angola has scored 9 goals in this competition albeit against lesser teams.

You're putting "long range" and Uzouho in the same sentence. Bobo put us under pressure immediately with his floating ball, easy to read and can't pass 1/2 way line. Nwabili will zip the ball deep into the opponents and put them under pressure. For this reason alone, I am open to trying the 3rd choice if he has a better shot

:D
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

We need him back, if his injury not that serious
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Did you see how the Angolans finish their chances? There was this sleek finish by Mabululu against Namibia - our players would never have finished the chance like that..Perseiro and the boys will have their work cut out for them against Angola. Also Angola is a boggy team for Nigeria historically. It will be the hardest game for the team so far.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:36 am Did you see how the Angolans finish their chances? There was this sleek finish by Mabululu against Namibia - our players would never have finished the chance like that..Perseiro and the boys will have their work cut out for them against Angola. Also Angola is a boggy team for Nigeria historically. It will be the hardest game for the team so far.
Puuleeezzee.

We dashed them the World Cup ticket in 2006 with the nonsense game in Kano and Vince parrying the ball into the net.

Martins, Ike Uche and Osaze were not taking the NT serious, and I'm not so sure Mikel was either (he burst into the scene in 2005, but skipped the 2008 Olympics in China).

There was another Christian Obi or David Ngodigha GK howler game in which the GK gave a 'wind aided' excuse in some qualifying series.

Let me keep quiet as the GK position has been the determininant of the state of our team over the last 6 years. If Nwabili is fit, we'll most likely thump them.
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:36 am Did you see how the Angolans finish their chances? There was this sleek finish by Mabululu against Namibia - our players would never have finished the chance like that..Perseiro and the boys will have their work cut out for them against Angola. Also Angola is a boggy team for Nigeria historically. It will be the hardest game for the team so far.
I saw that finish too. I was impressed with the way he opened his body up and curled it beyond the reach of the keeper.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Can’t lie. They look impressive.
But this is where experience and pedigree come in.
Our boys need to keep the momentum going.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I can tell you guys watch football with low IQ
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:05 am Can’t lie. They look impressive.
It isn’t that difficult to look impressive against a 10-man team. Let’s see how impressive they’ll be when the SuperEagles are bearing down on them from both flanks🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gboye7777 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:57 am
I saw that finish too. I was impressed with the way he opened his body up and curled it beyond the reach of the keeper.
Me too.
But Tbh, in the absence of supporting evidence, all that his goal tells us is that he got it right in that match on the day.
Does he score those kind of special goes on the regular?
That’s what we need to know.

I’m sure the players have taken note.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:29 am
It isn’t that difficult to look impressive against a 10-man team. Let’s see how impressive they’ll be when the SuperEagles are earring down on them from both flanks🤔❗️

Cheers.
I agree.
See my comment above.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:34 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:29 am
It isn’t that difficult to look impressive against a 10-man team. Let’s see how impressive they’ll be when the SuperEagles are earring down on them from both flanks🤔❗️

Cheers.
I agree.
See my comment above.
But it was 10 against 10 na
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:33 am
Gboye7777 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:57 am
Me too.
But Tbh, in the absence of supporting evidence, all that his goal tells us is that he got it right in that match on the day.
Does he score those kind of special goes on the regular?
That’s what we need to know.

I’m sure the players have taken note.
They ain’t scoring that goal on that pitch in Abidjan…that pitch is awful and SE is now used to it….

Hopefully, the boys take note…Angola is not a small team…we need to be at our best…

To win this thing we might need to beat:

CIV - Done
Cameroon - Done
Angola
Morocco
Senegal

I don’t envy SE but can only wish them luck….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

They will not get such opportunities against a tight Nigerian defence line
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:52 am
They will not get such opportunities against a tight Nigerian defence line
That’s the key. And they would be playing against stronger attackers than Mauritania’s who scored 2 goals against them.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...scoring that kind of curler goal while in full sprint means opposing defenders flopped their task of closing him down.
Many players score like that albeit at a stand still or slower pace with minimal resistance.
This guy did well, but for SE to checkmate them all around, the defense and midfield must be fortified.
I am confidence we can handle them.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

It is very important we get Nwabili back.
Uzoho is very poor at reading free kicks, crosses and speculative shots from afar.
Not sure, any Nigerian wants to see Uzoho in goal for SE.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Una no dey tire to fear? Tufiakwa!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I think we will prevail over Angola. On the other hand, it's true we are concerned about them, but they are MORE concerned about us than we are of them, I believe. So, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goldleaf wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:26 pm

It is very important we get Nwabili back.
Uzoho is very poor at reading free kicks, crosses and speculative shots from afar.
Not sure, any Nigerian wants to see Uzoho in goal for SE.
A player can make mistake anytime in games which Nwabili is not exempted from. However, I don't want to see Uzoho in post in this tournament. Uzoho can reinvent himself in friendly games later, please
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

If they had said before the tournament starts that we will play Angola in the quarter finals, I would have gladly taken it. At this stage there are no bad teams so time for men to stand up.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:39 pm If they had said before the tournament starts that we will play Angola in the quarter finals, I would have gladly taken it. At this stage there are no bad teams so time for men to stand up.
True talk
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."