NWABALI being mentioned in high corridors…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
NWABALI being mentioned in high corridors…

Post by Enyi »

Brentford, Arsenal in the PL and PSV and Sparta in EREDIVISIE have asked about him….

I am sure others will be asking others….scouts are being sent to watch him in the SF and Final….so I hope that he makes it to the final…..then yours truly will be there…

Everyone seems to like his ball distribution and the saves yesterday won’t do him any harm…

On another note: - Peseiro (did not like him pre tournament) but he needs to be congratulated for finding him and putting him in straight away
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NWABALI being mentioned in high corridors…

Post by deanotito »

…as he deserves to be.

Solid keeper
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:38 am Brentford, Arsenal in the PL and PSV and Sparta in EREDIVISIE have asked about him….

I am sure others will be asking others….scouts are being sent to watch him in the SF and Final….so I hope that he makes it to the final…..then yours truly will be there…

Everyone seems to like his ball distribution and the saves yesterday won’t do him any harm…

On another note: - Peseiro (did not like him pre tournament) but he needs to be congratulated for finding him and putting him in straight away
Really happy for Nwabali.
That low save very early in the game was brilliant. The cameras didn’t capture it well or we’d be raving about it even more.
The guy is probably still on the rise and he has grabbed that no 1 shirt with both hands.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Nwabali is No 1, Okoye is No 2 and others will fight for No 3
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

if I talk now, Cellular will jump on me.
Its too early to say if he is good or bad
He has done well in the tournament.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I can't believe by providence of luck, in-spite and despite the shenanigans of Pissofeiro, (and i hope he leaves after winning the cup next sunday), we have finally replaced Enyeama!!! i mean Uzoho!!! how did we get to that ridiculous level of goalkeepers in our national team!! not since Peter Fregene of Libya 82' have we had a keeper this poor not even Wilfred Agbonibasket (AKA) Agbonibavre.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Since when are all those teams considered “high corridors”?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:20 am I can't believe by providence of luck, in-spite and despite the shenanigans of Pissofeiro, (and i hope he leaves after winning the cup next sunday), we have finally replaced Enyeama!!! i mean Uzoho!!! how did we get to that ridiculous level of goalkeepers in our national team!! not since Peter Fregene of Libya 82' have we had a keeper this poor not even Wilfred Agbonibasket (AKA) Agbonibavre.
So Peseiro didn't want Nwabali?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ogasir wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:31 am Since when are all those teams considered “high corridors”?
why bother? :D
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:38 am Brentford, Arsenal in the PL and PSV and Sparta in EREDIVISIE have asked about him….

Enyi

This is why I state that scouting leaves much room to be desired. Nwabali's ball distribution has been evident since his NPFL days. How come these clubs didn't know about it? That was Nwabali's calling card. Nothing he is doing now that he was not doing then. Go and watch his first game with Nigeria when Mexico beat Nigeria 4-0. He was stellar then when Mexico dotted him with all sorts of challenges and he stood out well in a poorly constructed team.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:20 am I can't believe by providence of luck, in-spite and despite the shenanigans of Pissofeiro, (and i hope he leaves after winning the cup next sunday), we have finally replaced Enyeama!!! i mean Uzoho!!! how did we get to that ridiculous level of goalkeepers in our national team!! not since Peter Fregene of Libya 82' have we had a keeper this poor not even Wilfred Agbonibasket (AKA) Agbonibavre.
On the one hand you are wondering how we got to the “ridiculous level” of goalkeeping with Uzoho but on the other hand you are still pushing to get rid of Peseiro with absolutely no feasible back up (replacement) plans.
With that mindset, you are in danger of sinking to even more “ridiculous levels”, this time in the coaching department.

Do you even have any suggestions as to who u will want to replace an AFCON semi finalist (at least) coach with?
Are you an NFF official under cover?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ogasir wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:31 am Since when are all those teams considered “high corridors”?
Bros, if you have lived in a basement a long time, anything above will be "high corridors"

Playing in Omonia Nicosia is already a basement but when you are there and you ain't getting games, that's a bunker.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 am Nwabali is No 1, Okoye is No 2 and others will fight for No 3
Okoye needs to prove it in Nigeria's colors first. Why have you not included Adebayo? Yes, he does not have the height but in Nigeria's colors, he inspires more confidence than Okoye has yet done in those colors.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Since the respective councils approved planning permissions for one storey extensions. It’s understood all have used the same interior designer, sky lights, floor to ceiling windows and solar panels. The corridors are said to be higher than a Red Hot Chilli Pepper under the bridge.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Uzoho has lowered the standards.
Now you are left hailing a night-time baby as the next Michel Preud'homme.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ANC wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:12 am if I talk now, Cellular will jump on me.
Its too early to say if he is good or bad
He has done well in the tournament.
ANC, in scouting (which is what this thread is somewhat about), if you wait too long, the talent is gone. My interpretation of the thread is s... scouts who recommend and clubs that listen, when it's time to open the wallet, have already seen something or seen enough and they are talking.

I was the same as you even after the Cameroon game. My verdict was... he's (Nwabili) okay, let's chill, as we might be reacting to the trauma of the Uzo and Okoye era. We celebrate any keeper that's okay.

However, I've changed my mind after the Angola game. A 21st-century goalkeeper is about being a decent, even average shot stopper and a good to great ball distributor. That throw that almost resulted in an assist for Oshimen vs Angola had $$$$$ signs all over it. That throw (the physical ability) and distribution awareness (ability to see it) right there are his money makers - that's what pushes him beyond basic. Scouts saw that, plus his distribution showing all through the tourney. When Uzouo came in, my biggest fear was his ball distribution would put us under pressure, not the opponent.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 am Nwabali is No 1, Okoye is No 2 and others will fight for No 3
Yeah, but while our goalkeeper [Nwabali] is good, our defense is doing a very good job for him as well.
Last edited by Odas on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:02 pm
Okoye needs to prove it in Nigeria's colors first. Why have you not included Adebayo? Yes, he does not have the height but in Nigeria's colors, he inspires more confidence than Okoye has yet done in those colors.
More confidence amongst you the fans, or amongst the players?

You sure the players feel the same way about him as you do? :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bret Fart said I should tell you his Israeli league basket is better than all of them combined.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

And people still think that playing for Nigeria is a disadvantage. All these foreign born players wen dey do shakara should take note! This is exactly how Okoye blew.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Almost every emerging new Nigerian player has been linked with Arsenal in the past. When Etebo, Simon even Sadiq emerged, they were all linked to Arsenal. I guess been linked to Arsenal is like a right of passage for new Nigerian players. I bet Yusuf will soon get his own link to Arsenal after Afcon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:22 pm Bret Fart said I should tell you his Israeli league basket is better than all of them combined.

😂 😂 even agent Brett has cooled down from hyping his own client after Nwabali came on board. Plus they didn’t take some of the midfielders he recommended. Leave that brother alone o. A hungry agent is an angry agent 😆
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:29 am

Really happy for Nwabali.
That low save very early in the game was brilliant. The cameras didn’t capture it well or we’d be raving about it even more.
The guy is probably still on the rise and he has grabbed that no 1 shirt with both hands.
Same here.

I love players who grab the opportunities they are given. Sadly or should I say fortunately, Uzoho became complacent and has lost his position. It would be difficult to regain.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."