FORMER Everton star Ademola Lookman is being targeted by two European giants

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FORMER Everton star Ademola Lookman is being targeted by two European giants

Post by Lolly »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25649514 ... sfer-news/
FORMER Everton star Ademola Lookman is being targeted by two European giants.

The talented winger has thrived in Italy after moving from the Premier League which included loan spells at Fulham and Leicester.

Lookman scored the goal to launch Nigeria into the quarter-finals of Afcon

He enjoyed plenty of success in his first season while at RB Leipzig but was then sold to Atalanta.

He's gone on to play the best football of his career in Serie A, racking up 13 goals and eight assists last season and has also experienced a strong start to this campaign.

And that's alerted the interest of both Juventus and Atletico Madrd, SunSport can exclusively reveal.

Lookman has scored seven goals and assisted three this season and is thought of as one of the most talented players in Italy.

He is currently away at the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria - where he has been one of the tournament's standout players.

The forward scored both goals in Nigeria's 2-0 round of 16 victory over Cameroon to fire them into the quarter-finals.

And the Super Eagles will take on Angola tomorrow at 5pm British time as they look to book a place in the semis.

His Afcon campaign will complicate any move for him from Atletico or Juventus, however, and could push off their interest until the summer.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FORMER Everton star Ademola Lookman is being targeted by two European giants

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:01 pm https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25649514 ... sfer-news/
FORMER Everton star Ademola Lookman is being targeted by two European giants.

The talented winger has thrived in Italy after moving from the Premier League which included loan spells at Fulham and Leicester.

Lookman scored the goal to launch Nigeria into the quarter-finals of Afcon

He enjoyed plenty of success in his first season while at RB Leipzig but was then sold to Atalanta.

He's gone on to play the best football of his career in Serie A, racking up 13 goals and eight assists last season and has also experienced a strong start to this campaign.

And that's alerted the interest of both Juventus and Atletico Madrd, SunSport can exclusively reveal.

Lookman has scored seven goals and assisted three this season and is thought of as one of the most talented players in Italy.

He is currently away at the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria - where he has been one of the tournament's standout players.

The forward scored both goals in Nigeria's 2-0 round of 16 victory over Cameroon to fire them into the quarter-finals.

And the Super Eagles will take on Angola tomorrow at 5pm British time as they look to book a place in the semis.

His Afcon campaign will complicate any move for him from Atletico or Juventus, however, and could push off their interest until the summer.
Lookman is really into it at this AFCON. For me it is not just his obvious goal scoring but watch his high level effort during ball recovery. Additionally, his shooting is extremely good and calm.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: FORMER Everton star Ademola Lookman is being targeted by two European giants

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He is worldclass
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

You see why clubs like Everton will continue to struggle? same with Chelsea. They let this type of talent go for little $$. He was undervalued in England everywhere he went and I have followed him for a while. I remember when he came on a sub for Everton 4/5 years ago and scored a brace. Still didn't get playing time. I'm happy for Atlanta.

Aina is another one that will get a big pay day. He will move on from forest. That guy is a baller!. I said it at the 2019 Afcon when he assisted Igalo's goal. You can see IQ on display...and I typically say, IQ is something you see in a player at 17 - 20 years or you don't see at all.

Nwabili, Onyeka will also get big pay days
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:20 pm He is worldclass
But he’s a London innit boy nah.
How come? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Not the most offensive minded sides.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:21 pm Not the most offensive minded sides.
which teams do you prefer?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not surprised. He’s playing at such a high level and is perfect for the modern game.

Amina is also showing how much better he is than just a few years ago. I won’t be surprised to see him join a major club.

We really have to get the WC qualification back on track to give these guys a chance at the world stage.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lookman's career path just spells loudly that if he chose to play for England, he wont be where he is today.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Apart of Aina, he is the only player who can deliver quality crosses into the box. One of our outstanding performers in this competition.

He is not only balling, what is more admirable is his passion and commitment to the shirt.

Glad his choice to play for Nigeria is boosting his career...The likes of Tammy Abraham should take note.