PESEIRO HEADED TO ZAMALEK AFTER AFCON - owngoal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
PESEIRO HEADED TO ZAMALEK AFTER AFCON - owngoal

Post by deanotito »

If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PESEIRO HEADED TO ZAMALEK AFTER AFCON - owngoal

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

That story has been around for months. Zamalek or not, I don’t think he stays unless he’s glutton for abuse and disrespect. Nigerians need a new coach to complain about anyway. Let Amunike get his chance.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Good news. I hope it's true. He can go.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:56 pm That story has been around for months. Zamalek or not, I don’t think he stays unless he’s glutton for abuse and disrespect. Nigerians need a new coach to complain about anyway. Let Amunike get his chance.
Not sure his fate in Nigeria would be any different anywhere else if he was leading an underperforming team. But in this tournament, he’s shown qualities of a top coach, and were he to win, he’d be a hero. Not the time to leave Nigeria
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

bushboy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:56 pm Good news. I hope it's true. He can go.
I hope he stays. You guys have clearly forgotten what it feels like to be in a coaching hellscape.

I am converted. I am a Peseiro fan. Hope he retires in Nigeria
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

deanotito wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:57 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:56 pm That story has been around for months. Zamalek or not, I don’t think he stays unless he’s glutton for abuse and disrespect. Nigerians need a new coach to complain about anyway. Let Amunike get his chance.
Not sure his fate in Nigeria would be any different anywhere else if he was leading an underperforming team. But in this tournament, he’s shown qualities of a top coach, and were he to win, he’d be a hero. Not the time to leave Nigeria
If I were advising him I’d leave when your stock is at its highest.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:56 pm That story has been around for months. Zamalek or not, I don’t think he stays unless he’s glutton for abuse and disrespect.
One thing I will give to you though is that your love, passion and reverence for the white man is absolutely not superseded by anything. Its actually remarkable. I dont know whether it is because you played under a white man at Portland State and you saw him like "someone who saved you from Ibadan," or what is is. I cannot tell.

Chelsea fans verbally attacked Pochettino and United fans have gone in on Ten Hag. It is normal. But like the way you fought everyone who dared question ****, you simply cannot fathom why a black man should dare it to question his white employee. You just canot accept that.
Nigerians need a new coach to complain about anyway. Let Amunike get his chance.
Look at your post! "Nigerians have insulted and disrespected a white man, so he needs to be removed from that toxic environment, but hey! Lets get a black man in to be insulted and disrespected."

How do you look yourself in the mirror and no shake your head, while spitting on the ground? :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Yes it would. He’d get paid his salary regularly and get his bonus the same year they’re due. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

After the AFCON, God willing we win, they should sit with him and ask him what he wants to do. If he wants to leave, he should. If we get a coach who is better than him, just even marginally better, and can handle the system, we will be unbelievable at the WCQ and WC.

My only concern is that the NFF will select a terrible coach again or if they select a good one, it will take that one a few months to understand how to navigate our system.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:03 pm
Yes it would. He’d get paid his salary regularly and get his bonus the same year they’re due. :thumb:
And probably fired for being a below average coach within that same year. :oops:

There is no Osimhen in Zamalek :lol:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

You’re just mad because he’s not playing Moffi.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I honestly believe we won’t miss him. He has done well at AFCON but his previous record is abysmal. And until he changed to the 5-4-1 formation, he didn’t appear to know what he was doing.

The big question now is who would be his replacement. Is it time to give Finidi a try?
Last edited by Lolly on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The report is probably true. He used to coach in Egypt and wasn’t a bad coach there per my Egyptian buddy who knows him and his work.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria need a contingency plan. My fear is it is that Seinfet(sp) guy. I am not confident they will make a good hire based on historical data. Also the NFF can’t afford a top tier foreign coach. So it is more likely going to be another journey man. We have talented players. Nigeria should be dominating Africa. We are actually underachieving.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:03 pm
And probably fired for being a below average coach within that same year. :oops:

There is no Osimhen in Zamalek :lol:
If I were Peseiro, I’d stick with Nigeria. League football is a different beast. But looking at his resume, he is definitely no stranger to hopping around
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Synopsis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:13 pm
You’re just mad because he’s not playing Moffi.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Moffi is behind Onuachu in pecking order
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I hope he stays. Any objective fans (those without agendas) know that Peseiro is a very good coach.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:33 pm I honestly believe we won’t miss him. He has done well at AFCON but his previous record is abysmal. And until he changed to the 5-4-1 formation, he didn’t appear to know what he was doing.
The NFF is the only one that can make us miss him. My fear is they will take us "back to the drawing board," like they like to do. NFF does not understand "building on your present foundation." If they change him, they will destroy everything, because they only believe in starting afresh.
The big question now is who would be his replacement. Is it time to give Finidi a try?

If there must be a change, my choices are Hervé Renard or Pisto Mosimane.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:02 pm I hope he stays. Any objective fans (those without agendas) know that Peseiro is a very good coach.
Could you prove this with fact, knowing full well that he has been driven out of most jobs he has had? And until 1.5 weeks ago, he was abysmal for Nigeria.

Please lets try to respect each other's intelligence. You may like a coach and frankly, I join you to say he was fantastic against CIV and Cameroon, and I believe we should keep him. However, how can anyone look at a man's abysmal coaching career, terrible in the last 15 years, thrown out of multiple jobs for being a failure, failed in 1 year of coaching his present team and then call him "a very good coach?"
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:33 pm I honestly believe we won’t miss him. He has done well at AFCON but his previous record is abysmal. And until he changed to the 5-4-1 formation, he didn’t appear to know what he was doing.

KPOM!

He wont be missed. He met an agreed target, NFF has to honor that, but on no occasion should this be bragging rights for Paseiro, we havent forgotten the smack down from Portugal and defeat to Guinea B in our own backyard. Prior to AFCON his record was shameful and there's no guarantee it will be better post AFCON.
I just cannot stomach missing another WC and not one Hosted in my backyard, the good ol U.S.A & Canada.
Last edited by Babalawo on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Obi For President 2023
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goalgetter wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:53 pm The report is probably true. He used to coach in Egypt and wasn’t a bad coach there per my Egyptian buddy who knows him and his work.
He coached Al Ahly for in Egypt, from October 9 2015 to January 18, 2016. He left them and took up the Porto job on January 21, 2016. When he left Al Ahly, they were 3rd on the table.. He was replaced by Abdul-Aziz Abdul-Shafi, who was caretaker.

-Abdul-Aziz Abdul-Shafi led Al Ahly from 3rd to 1st position by March 1, 2016. He was replaced on March 1, 2016 by Martin Jol.

- Martin Jol maintained Ah Ahly's position on the table and went on to win the Egyptian Premier League that season, finishing 1st.

After he moved to Porto on January 21, 2016, he replaced Rui Barros who was a caretaker and had Porto at 3rd.

-Barros had also replaced Lopetegui 3 weeks before that and Porto was sitting in 3rd place under Lopetegui.

- Porto finished the season in 3rd place
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If I were Peseiro, I wouldn’t want to be associated with a bunch of loud-mouthed ingrates🤔❗️

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:02 pm I hope he stays. Any objective fans (those without agendas) know that Peseiro is a very good coach.
Where can I find his coaching career record.?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx