Osimhen doubt for SA game (now available)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen doubt for SA game

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:31 am We need to learn to win without Osimehn, he will not always be there.

He gets injured easily.

Start Moffi.

Bring on Nacho if goals are needed.

No shaking.
Exactly what I think. Thx Vancity Eagle
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:31 am I'm sorry but if we need Osimehn to beat South Africa, then we are a pathetic team, and we deserve to go out.

We need to learn to win without Osimehn, he will not always be there.

He gets injured easily.

Start Moffi.

No shaking.
We couldn't beat Lesotho and Zimbabwe when Osimhen was injured.
So saying that if we can't beat South Africa without Osimhen is rather foolish.

The blame is on Peseiro yet again. His squad rotation and substitutions (managing minutes) have been poor. He will play these players until they are nearly dropping on the field. Those 1-0 games makes a very conservative and paranoid coach even more cautious. There were games he should have subbed off Osimhen, Lookman, Moses, Iwobi a lot earlier seeing that he needs them fresh. The good thing is that we have played fewer minutes than our opponents but he needs to take the lesson home that he should keep his squad fresh.

That being said, Osimhen is alleged to have a stomach bug. They should make sure he is properly hydrated and be watching out for signs of fatigue. He has capable replacements and can change his formation to accommodate reinforcements.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:10 pm Another person who has not watched Lookman at Atalanta. Someone will be wasted in the position he plays for more than 38 games every year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:06 am

I agree that Lookman will be wasted up front, and Chuks isn't up to par.

Yes I know he plays as striker, but you are missing the point.

He also gives us creativity, and smarts further back on the pitch. Something neither Simon or Chukwueze can compare with.

So why waste that to put him forward, (when he is top scorer in the more withdrawn position anyways)

Makes no sense.

You want your best combo of 3.

Without Osimehn that is Moffi up top flanked by Simon and Lookman.

By the same token I am against wasting Iwobi in a double pivot. He should be playing AM, like he did in the first match. The match we created the most chances in.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Goodness, if Nigeria can not beat South Africa because we are missing a player granted a key one, then we are simply not good enough period. Is he going to be a big miss yes. Are we able to win without him, I am fairly confident we can. I was not a big fan of Pesserio but I think he has proven he can tweak things mid-tournament and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think Eagles will be more than fine on Wednesday.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:27 am Easy 3-0 lead by HT. :thumb:
Just to be sure, by which team, Emir? :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:23 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:31 am I'm sorry but if we need Osimehn to beat South Africa, then we are a pathetic team, and we deserve to go out.

He gets injured easily.

Start Moffi.

No shaking.

The blame is on Peseiro yet again. His squad rotation and substitutions (managing minutes) have been poor. He will play these players until they are nearly dropping on the field. Those 1-0 games makes a very conservative and paranoid coach even more cautious. There were games he should have subbed off Osimhen, Lookman, Moses, Iwobi a lot earlier seeing that he needs them fresh. The good thing is that we have played fewer minutes than our opponents but he needs to take the lesson home that he should keep his squad fresh.

That being said, Osimhen is alleged to have a stomach bug. They should make sure he is properly hydrated and be watching out for signs of fatigue. He has capable replacements and can change his formation to accommodate reinforcements.

Qualification games are different though.
The true measure of a coach is tournaments.

I agree completely that he could've rotated better...

Also, he depends on player feedback to determine who is tired or not. Which means Nigeria does not have or use technology to track player fitness. SMDH :ohmy:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

kelechi is playing since he was at the press conference
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

ugly boy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:45 pm kelechi is playing since he was at the press conference
You think he starts as striker?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ugly boy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:45 pm kelechi is playing since he was at the press conference
Kelechi Iheanacho is “unhappy” as he has yet to play at the AFCON and so opted out of today’s CAF official pre-match conference in Bouake.

Leicester City striker Iheanacho was slated to accompany coach Jose Peseiro for today’s official presser.
I am happy
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:51 pm
Kelechi Iheanacho is “unhappy” as he has yet to play at the AFCON and so opted out of today’s CAF official pre-match conference in Bouake.

Leicester City striker Iheanacho was slated to accompany coach Jose Peseiro for today’s official presser.
O well.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

That is selfish on his part. What about Moffi who hasn’t played and who was not even included in the original squad and was only added due to injuries? I guess he’s fuming because he hasn’t had a chance to play to show potential suitors since his contract is running down this summer.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

packerland wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 pm

That is selfish on his part. What about Moffi who hasn’t played and who was not even included in the original squad and was only added due to injuries? I guess he’s fuming because he hasn’t had a chance to play to show potential suitors since his contract is running down this summer.
I can understand that he isn't happy, but to skip the press conference! If true that's just a bad look.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:49 pm Image

It was never in doubt bro! I said he will play!

Anyone who knows Osimhen knows he will NOT miss a semi final because of stomach pain. Someone who will get himself on the pitch even if he had 1 leg.

Thats why I respect people like him. See another person I respect? Oliseh! I am 100% for players who will give everything. Just like Oliseh, Osimhen will sacrifice for Nigeria.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 pm

Maybe this is part of the quiet back room work that the seniors are managing?
Senior Man cannot be happy, but if the coach makes his decision, he has to accept it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LOL @ "Senior man"

An injured div 2 benchwarmer who should be eternally grateful for the corruption that reserved a slot for him to the detriment of the country is raising shoulder.

In a normal world, he will be fined at the end of the tournament and will not see another national team call up. Nonsense!

This is another problem when you dont do things on merit. People begin to think they are special and entitled. I dont blame him. In a normal country, he wont even be anywhere near Ivory Coast, talk less of on the Nigerian team. You were injured, you are a Div 2 player and you are a benchwarmer in Div 2. Who the hell do you think you are? In a country where we have strikers playing in Div 1 of top 5 leagues, we are permitting a Div 2 benchwarmer whose mouth looks like the mouth of a convulsed rabbit to misbehave and put asunder in our team spirit on the eve of a semi final?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

[tweet][/tweet]
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:14 pm LOL @ "Senior man"

An injured div 2 benchwarmer who should be eternally grateful for the corruption that reserved a slot for him to the detriment of the country is raising shoulder.

In a normal world, he will be fined at the end of the tournament and will not see another national team call up. Nonsense!

This is another problem when you dont do things on merit. People begin to think they are special and entitled. I dont blame him. In a normal country, he wont even be anywhere near Ivory Coast, talk less of on the Nigerian team. You were injured, you are a Div 2 player and you are a benchwarmer in Div 2. Who the hell do you think you are? In a country where we have strikers playing in Div 1 of top 5 leagues, we are permitting a Div 2 benchwarmer whose mouth looks like the mouth of a convulsed rabbit to misbehave and put asunder in our team spirit on the eve of a semi final?
Kpom.

When I said he was hiding his injury to "come along for the ride"

I was abused. They said how could I assume that about Nacho.

It's the Nigerian way, that's how. Look at Musa. Look at Reuben Gabriel, look at 25 players for heavens sake.

Nothing is done by merit, nothing is done by honesty.

I know Nigeria.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Osimhen is fine. Mind games. A place in the final is at stake, the slightest bit of confusion could stir more delirium than YouTube’s 5AM miracle hour. Next up, a bulletin stating he sat out a training session. The Springboks will have to divide their time between planning for Kabza da Small and Major League DJz. Adiwele indeed.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Really?? Hope this is not true. There's been times I thought Peseiro could have subbed on one of the other strikers especially when Osimhen was visibly tired. You have to call to question his squad management when he has a host of players yet to play. The worst was when Osimhen had to go out in the dying mins and we kept on with 10 men defending a 1 goal lead, impunity! You'd have to think the players are not fit.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:23 pm

He gets injured easily.

Start Moffi.

No shaking.

You guys are like robots. You want to blame the coach for everything. You spend 2 paragraphs blaming him for this and then you go “that being said, he has a stomach bug”.

This is not about minutes. He has a stomach bug. Your coach has taken his team to the semi finals while higher ranked teams (while doing rotations) have been knocked out.

What would have happened if Nigeria was forced into extra time games in the last 2 games? Would we remove Osimhen because, according to you, he has to rest?

You people just need to chill. This is not league football where you rest players for cup games against Leyton Orient. You come to this tournament to win and as a player, be ready to play every minute of every game. I have never seen a major country resting its stars in tournaments.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:39 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:14 pm LOL @ "Senior man"

Kpom.

When I said he was hiding his injury to "come along for the ride"

I was abused. They said how could I assume that about Nacho.

It's the Nigerian way, that's how. Look at Musa. Look at Reuben Gabriel, look at 25 players for heavens sake.

Nothing is done by merit, nothing is done by honesty.

I know Nigeria.
You guys are always opening mouth gboa gboa before you know whether it’s fake news or not. Same way you guys will take a tweet and make up all sorts of of stories in your head and start abusing people. Can’t talk chill till the dust settles and we get the full story…

He’s been training in the view of everyone and no one has noticed any ‘injury’, I’m not sure where you are getting this from, even Moffi hasn’t played is he also ‘injured’ and selected via corruption? I don’t think the players are to blame here, the coach clearly doesn’t trust them enough to give them any minutes and only he knows why…I mean you can see Vic being dead tired and yet the coach has refused to sub him in a timely manner…those players are likely asking why they were even selected. I know if I’m Moffi I’d be super pissed, I wasn’t initially selected then later have to leave my club to fill in and then will likely play no part in the tournament…such a waste…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

A half fit Osimhen is a big risk. I would start with Moffi. Who has better ball skills and is a superior finisher.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?