Nwabali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nwabali

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

greg wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:47 pm
100%Naija wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:39 pm
sarkin doya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:34 pm South Africa were the better team today - the Super Eagles seemed to have less energy than in the last few games .... but in the end, the Super Eagles deserved the win. It was a cagey game and could have gone either way. South Africa just seemed more industrious and seemed to carve out more chances - although the stats say shots and shots on target were almost identical for both teams. Bafana Bafana definitely had more possession but possession alone does not win games!

Now for the final! Nwabali did well on the penalties.
ehm onya..how can they be the better team but needed a VAR decision to stay in the game for 90 minutes. Una don come with these W'ayo arguments.

If we were more clinical this game for end 3-1 at best. Nigeria were the better team and gave SA every chance to make things interesting. We also were playing to our strengths so ball possession was not high on our priority list.
Their chances were more clear cut. The way they passed around and dribbled and dispossessed our players was a joy to watch for neutrals. Lesson for everyone is never to underestimate the cohesion of your opponent when they are a clubside while you are a national team. I don't care if they are a Kosovo Div 2 team.
Very well said, Greg!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NWABALI Saves NIGERIA.....Spectacular performance!!

Post by Enugu II »

Stanley Nwabli, invited at the last moment to rescue Nigeria at the AFCON, after Nigerian managers repeatedly turned their attention to Europe, became the man to lift Nigeria into an African Cup of Nations championship game following a decade of despair.

But it must be stated that Nigeria made strategic penalty kick decisions. Three of Nigeria's late substitutions came in for penalty kick intentions and all three converted -- Moffi, Iheanacho, and Omeruo. Of the three, both Moffi and Iheanacho, had not played a minute in this tournament and did not play a minute of the regulation 90 minutes today!

Read more by clicking https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mazi Stan Da Man

Post by airwolex »

Is a Man and God sent. What a performance
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NWABALI Saves NIGERIA.....Spectacular performance!!

Post by deanotito »

Chief, that was a harsh Osayi-Samuel rating. He had a so so first half but he really came into his own in the second. One of the best on the pitch in the 2nd
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

:taunt: Nwabali (home based goalie) is yet to be tested
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:13 am :taunt: Nwabali (home based goalie) is yet to be tested
I wonder when he will be tested. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:23 am
niyi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:13 am :taunt: Nwabali (home based goalie) is yet to be tested
I wonder when he will be tested. :lol:
He needs to prove himself at a club like Derby County or Zulte Waregem :taunt: :taunt:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

They say they are lining up in front of Nwabali’s father’s house to pay homage.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

sarkin doya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:34 pm South Africa were the better team today - the Super Eagles seemed to have less energy than in the last few games .... but in the end, the Super Eagles deserved the win. It was a cagey game and could have gone either way. South Africa just seemed more industrious and seemed to carve out more chances - although the stats say shots and shots on target were almost identical for both teams. Bafana Bafana definitely had more possession but possession alone does not win games!

Go watch the match again. South Africa were better only in the first half. Nigeria were clearly the better team from second half onwards and had chances to win. Granted South Africa had some chances just after equalizing.
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NWABALI Saves NIGERIA.....Spectacular performance!!

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:58 pm
Stanley Nwabli, invited at the last moment to rescue Nigeria at the AFCON, after Nigerian managers repeatedly turned their attention to Europe, became the man to lift Nigeria into an African Cup of Nations championship game following a decade of despair.

But it must be stated that Nigeria made strategic penalty kick decisions. Three of Nigeria's late substitutions came in for penalty kick intentions and all three converted -- Moffi, Iheanacho, and Omeruo. Of the three, both Moffi and Iheanacho, had not played a minute in this tournament and did not play a minute of the regulation 90 minutes today!

Read more by clicking https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/
...same thing like 2013 when a home based Sunday Mba rescued Nigeria.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Possession is not a good indicator of which team was better because the team leading usually drops back to defend their lead, hence allowing the opposition more time on the ball. We were leading right up to the 84th minute when that penalty drama happened. Shots on target are a better indicator, and we had slightly better.

We were comfortably coasting to a win before an unnecessary penalty was conceded.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Classy move by Nwabali’s South African 🇿🇦 club Chippa United to congratulate him on his performance and Nigeria’s victory against South Africa.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

they turned off replies :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are 87. Slow Toad Tobi only pimp to 40 and below.

As for Nwabali, Uniport girls don dey line up for him papa house for Omoku since the quarter finals. Not because of his heroics in the tournament, but because of the dollars he is expected to get after the tournament. So Pimp Tobi, you have major competition on your hand.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:30 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:41 pm Nwabali can take my woman right now and I won't even complain.

Guys I'm in TEARS, I can't even drive right now...kai!!!
Nwabali, after his heroics today, is probably too tired to do her any justice. Send her to me🤔🤐😀❗️

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The South African Premier Soccer League are the biggest winners in this tournament. The quality of the league was on full display in this tournament.
King Futcha wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:03 pm they turned off replies :)
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:59 pm The South African Premier Soccer League are the biggest winners in the tournament. The quality of the league was in full display in this tournament.
you're right as usual unless we are talking college football.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You will be bowing when we win the SEC and the National Championship this year.
King Futcha wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:42 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:59 pm The South African Premier Soccer League are the biggest winners in the tournament. The quality of the league was in full display in this tournament.
you're right as usual unless we are talking college football.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dem don reach Nwabali papa house. It’s all good and dandy now, but if fortunes should change, this could be a dangerous move.
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

How would you rate Nwabali, all said and done?
I was a little less impressed by his performance in the final, but that is simply compared to his previous outings.

One area I’d like him to improve on is his actual ball handling.
There were two incidents in the final when he didn’t do himself any favours by dropping the ball when not under pressure. He recovered the ball easily but goalkeeping standards are so high that he can’t afford to be doing that too often especially in front of a global audience.

Overall he had a good game and great tournament and I believe Williams just pipped him to the post as ‘Keeper of the Tournament’ probably from his exploits in the third place game.

Coming from Ground Zero with Uzoho, l think we are just simply grateful to have someone decent manning the posts again.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He needs to work and parrying shots away from danger. That is the main area he needs to work on.

There were 2 incidents in the final where he parried the ball into very dangerous positions but we were not punished.

Either way he was the revelation of this tournament for us.