Nwabali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwabali

Post by amafolas »

Best keeper we have had since Enyeama.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He is the best Keeper in recent times , and his mentality is up there. Dude was only making his 2nd appearance as a national team goalie vs EG, and to perform like this for 7 straight matches, and letting in 4 goals ( including a PK) wow ..... top gem we have here

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:31 pm He is the best Keeper in recent times , and his mentality is up there. Dude was only making his 2nd appearance as a national team goalie vs EG, and to perform like this for 7 straight matches, and letting in 4 goals ( including a PK) wow ..... top gem we have here

This guy’s humility deeply touches me.
It’s not something my country men do well, or frequently but this is another level.
In his own way he is a leader, like the anchors told him.
A true Gentle Giant.

God bless him for rising from nowhere and giving us joy in so many ways.
I pray he goes on to even greater things. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:31 pm He is the best Keeper in recent times , and his mentality is up there. Dude was only making his 2nd appearance as a national team goalie vs EG, and to perform like this for 7 straight matches, and letting in 4 goals ( including a PK) wow ..... top gem we have here

You just have to love this guy. God bless him. He has brought us so much joy especially those penalty saves against South Africa. Those guys were very boastful and I was so happy we put them in their place.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:01 pm

It’s not something my country men do well, or frequently but this is another level.
A true Gentle Giant.

Definitely not from nowhere, most people just didn't bother to look

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:10 pm

You just have to love this guy. God bless him. He has brought us so much joy especially those penalty saves against South Africa. Those guys were very boastful and I was so happy we put them in their place.
I particularly love the way he gives credit to his teammates and how he was BIG enough to admit he doesn’t think he would survive the social media bullying that Uzoho, Okoye and Iwobi have gone through.
That is what they call a MAN.
Not all these tinfoil ‘supermen’ going around calling everyone “mentally weak”.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:34 pm

A true Gentle Giant.

Yes, I get your point.
But what I meant was that, barely three months ago he wasn’t even in the picture and hardly anyone knew of him or remembered him.
To rise from ‘zero’ to Hero in such a short time is truly inspiring.

He has definitely won the hearts of Nigerians. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:41 pm

A true Gentle Giant.

Yes, I get your point.
But what I meant was that, barely three months ago he wasn’t even in the picture and hardly anyone knew of him or remembered him.

Damunk,

Those who did not know of him are those who refuse to pay attention to numerous talents emerging in Nigeria. I had known of him for years and I bet a few others did as well. This is a good example of why people should not dismiss the local talents by a wave of hands. Dis futball na efrywhere dem dey play am ooo! Let people begin to pay attention and not simply focus on the so-called 'BIG FIVE' leagues. Scouting is not error-proof as most people believe. There are numerous scouting errors!! If Peseiro was not pressured to look beyond Europe, Naija would have been saddled with Euro best like Uzoho for the AFCON. I bet you would have claimed that he was the best and then begin to axe "Wey be dose wey good for Naija?"
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:41 pm

A true Gentle Giant.

Yes, I get your point.

People knew about him but you forget we’ve been stuck in an era where everything “foreign” is seen to be better than everything home grown. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times that neither Uzoho nor Okoye, for that matter, should have been in contention for #1 goalie, given the proliferation of talented and experienced goalies strewn all over Nigeria and elsewhere…

… and we seem destined to keep shooting ourselves in the foot by scouting for “good” defenders and midfielders all across Europe whilst ignoring the youthfulness and hunger of the likes Olisa Ndah and Daniel Daga🤔❗️

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:41 pm Yes, I get your point.

Doc, he was known.
They just refused to scout towards his direction.
Let me tell you another couple of "unknowns" that if they give them an opportunity you will be saying, "hardly anyone knew of him".

Kingdom Osayi - Goalie for Doma United.
Sodiq Ismail - RB of Remo Stars. Top assist man from the RB position. Can cross the heck out of the ball and has PACE!

These two guys, I can bet anything on will not be out of place in the full Eagles squad. You just have to actually look.

Remember that Alhassan Yusuf came from not being a member of the squad to being a starter until he got injured and lost his place.

BTW, Nwabali still needs a lot of polishing. He needs to learn how to parry the ball away from the opposing players or catch di gaddam ball.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:58 pm

People knew about him but you forget we’ve been stuck in an era where everything “foreign” is seen to be better than everything home grown. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times that neither Uzoho nor Okoye, for that matter, should have been in contention for #1 goalie, given the proliferation of talented and experienced goalies strewn all over Nigeria and elsewhere…

… and we seem destined to keep shooting ourselves in the foot by scouting for “good” defenders and midfielders all across Europe whilst ignoring the youthfulness and hunger of the likes Olisa Ndah and Daniel Daga🤔❗️

Cheers.
Oga TTTK, nothing to add.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I believe the problem that Damunk and those who swear by European scouting is that they have bought into the Euro propaganda that is incredibly ignorant of what is known about science today! The Euro propaganda spreads the story that all that is knowable is already known and that things like scouting are at the zenith of science and infallible. It ignores what the stuudy of general systems informs us -- we are barely scratching the surface in terms of knowledge about our world and that as you go higher among the nine systems in the world (with human systems near the zenith of systems) that what is unknown is incredibly VAST.

Scouting is at a pedantry level, barely scratching the surface and it has incredibly large errors with monumental mistakes! Let me, for instance (spare me a moment) take a look at the United States of America which is often held up as the beacon of science. In the USA, the scouting of players for the gridiron football draft attempts to cover even the minutiae starting from high school and through college with all kinds of measurements, IQ tests, physical tests, etc. YET, each year, the draft of this talent continues to make monumental mistakes in player assessment. This validates the FACT (I do not use the word lightly) that scouting is not as scientific as we think it is or even hope that it is. It is very rudimentary in its ability to predict. This is why I state that limiting oneself to simply relying on inviting players from a limited sample of BIG FIVE leagues is rubbish. We need to spread our dragnet as wide as possible and let them come and compete among themselves in our national camp. This way, you lessen the error of talent identification by using the LAW OF LARGE NUMBERS ( A familiar law in big population research).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:42 pm I believe the problem that Damunk and those who swear by European scouting is that they have bought into the Euro propaganda that is incredibly ignorant of what is known about science today! The Euro propaganda spreads the story that all that is knowable is already known and that things like scouting are at the zenith of science and infallible. It ignores what the stuudy of general systems informs us -- we are barely scratching the surface in terms of knowledge about our world and that as you go higher among the nine systems in the world (with human systems near the zenith of systems) that what is unknown is incredibly VAST.

Scouting is at a pedantry level, barely scratching the surface and it has incredibly large errors with monumental mistakes! Let me, for instance (spare me a moment) take a look at the United States of America which is often held up as the beacon of science. In the USA, the scouting of players for the gridiron football draft attempts to cover even the minutiae starting from high school and through college with all kinds of measurements, IQ tests, physical tests, etc. YET, each year, the draft of this talent continues to make monumental mistakes in player assessment. This validates the FACT (I do not use the word lightly) that scouting is not as scientific as we think it is or even hope that it is. It is very rudimentary in its ability to predict. This is why I state that limiting oneself to simply relying on inviting players from a limited sample of BIG FIVE leagues is rubbish. We need to spread our dragnet as wide as possible and let them come and compete among themselves in our national camp. This way, you lessen the error of talent identification by using the LAW OF LARGE NUMBERS ( A familiar law in big population research).
Prof, please do not patronise me.
That we have differences of opinion is no reason for you to do that.
When I debate you, you won’t find me using terms like “the problem with Enugu II”, or even derogatory terms like “ignorant”.
I reserve that kind of language for a very deserving few in this place.
I even call you ‘Prof’, not because I have to and not because your debate points are infallible. Far from it.
But if you believe you do not wish to keep the respect at that level, that’s fine too.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Nwabali is a basket case. :D
He almost gave people heart attacks after Iheanacho scored the winning penalty in the semifinal. Even his shaking before Ekong’s penalties was not good for fragile hearts.

Otherwise, the guy comes off as a leader.

On another note, maybe people especially on CE, will evaluate players on merit based on evidence on the green grass instead of the teams they played for.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:27 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:42 pm I believe the problem that Damunk and those who swear by European scouting is that they have bought into the Euro propaganda that is incredibly ignorant of what is known about science today! The Euro propaganda spreads the story that all that is knowable is already known and that things like scouting are at the zenith of science and infallible. It ignores what the stuudy of general systems informs us -- we are barely scratching the surface in terms of knowledge about our world and that as you go higher among the nine systems in the world (with human systems near the zenith of systems) that what is unknown is incredibly VAST.

When I debate you, you won’t find me using terms like “the problem with Enugu II”, or even derogatory terms like “ignorant”.
I even call you ‘Prof’, not because I have to and not because your debate points are infallible. Far from it.
But if you believe you do not wish to keep the respect at that level, that’s fine too.
Damunk,

I am actually surprised because that was not intended to rile you. If it did, obviously, then I extend my apologies. The intent was to drive home a point.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He could be our own Dibu Martinez, who came into the spotlight late and took advantage of the opportunities that came his way
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He could be our own Dibu Martinez, who came into the spotlight late and took advantage of the opportunities that came his way
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:31 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:27 am

Damunk,

I am actually surprised because that was not intended to rile you. If it did, obviously, then I extend my apologies. The intent was to drive home a point.
Point taken, apology accepted.
Maybe it just came across wrong.
No wahala. :thumb:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...while there praising Stanley Nwabali heroics, make una also thank the outgoing coach who actually went to SA to watch him, was convinced and brought him. It has always been the problem of our SE coaches, foreign or domestic, not to look within. Keshi was the last successful coach who looked within and got Sunday Mba before this current coach.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:50 pm ...while there praising Stanley Nwabali heroics, make una also thank the outgoing coach who actually went to SA to watch him, was convinced and brought him. It has always been the problem of our SE coaches, foreign or domestic, not to look within. Keshi was the last successful coach who looked within and got Sunday Mba before this current coach.
This guy again.
He was at nest a Hero-of-the moment, or what in music they call a ‘One hit wonder’.

Grateful for his contribution, but I’d respectfully bow out of the group that classes him as one of the ‘greats’.

If Nwakali goes on to do great things for the SE, then yes, he will be up there.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:17 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:50 pm ...while there praising Stanley Nwabali heroics, make una also thank the outgoing coach who actually went to SA to watch him, was convinced and brought him. It has always been the problem of our SE coaches, foreign or domestic, not to look within. Keshi was the last successful coach who looked within and got Sunday Mba before this current coach.
This guy again.
He was at nest a Hero-of-the moment, or what in music they call a ‘One hit wonder’.

Grateful for his contribution, but I’d respectfully bow out of the group that classes him as one of the ‘greats’.

If Nwakali goes on to do great things for the SE, then yes, he will be up there.
Damunk

It depends on what people are looking at. Mba is an all time AFCON great fir Nigeria just as Musa ais all time World Cup great for Nigerua. However, none of those two will be named as all time Nigerian great.

To be honest, these are really a matter of opinion. For instance, I will never put Kanu Nwankwo as an all time great for Nigeria because he really was not in the shirt of Nigeria' senior team. Never scored an AFCON goal and barely averaged 60 minutes per game for the senior team. However, some others will put him there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:17 pm
This guy again.

...take it or leave it, Sunday Mba is and will be known as all time great at the 2013 afcon championship win.
Like EII noted, until Nwabali also win he will be part of it. Meanwhile he was a revelation and great at this last afcon.