What a Bombastic Game!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Penarity
Egg
Egg
What a Bombastic Game!

Post by Penarity »

These boys gave their all. Please before you continue the bashing of coach and players, let's recognize that SA also came out to win. Their hold up play in anticipation of a PK shootout was their undoing.

Congratulations to the SE! AFCON Final, here we come!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: What a Bombastic Game!

Post by theDunamis »

Penarity wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 pm These boys gave their all. Please before you continue the bashing of coach and players, let's recognize that SA also came out to win. Their hold up play in anticipation of a PK shootout was their undoing.

Well said, man. I am so sick and tired of the emotional messes in here whose only outlet is to rain curses and invectives on those representing the nation and putting their talent and effort to use for it.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Reading so many negative comments on the game thread reminded me of why many of us stay away from CE. Support these guys , support your team , no matter what - that’s how to be a fan!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

theDunamis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:55 pm
Penarity wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 pm These boys gave their all. Please before you continue the bashing of coach and players, let's recognize that SA also came out to win. Their hold up play in anticipation of a PK shootout was their undoing.

Well said, man. I am so sick and tired of the emotional messes in here whose only outlet is to rain curses and invectives on those representing the nation and putting their talent and effort to use for it.
Well said both of you. We can criticize misses but the people that say they weren’t up to this or that they only show up when playing big team are dead wrong.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dr. Penarity, welcome back. Where you dey hid since?

Who we go see next? Areastar?

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

How bodi? Nice to see you!
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

theDunamis! Long time, Imo River.

I think it is high time the moderators of this forum did their job. There's so much negativity in this place that it makes you wonder whether some people are truly Nigerians.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:04 pm

Chief Ogolo, I am at your service, sir. Meanwhile, the negative comment about Kenyan ladies is completely wrong. Kenyan ladies are amongst the most admired females in the world. Like someone said, they are not stingy with their gifts.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:03 pm Dr. Penarity, welcome back. Where you dey hid since?

Who we go see next? Areastar?

Uncle 1naija, it has been a while, indeed. I had to vacate social media to get more important challenges of life taken care of. Truth be told, I never totally left -- I read almost every post. It does feel good to be back in your midst, to be honest. It is like coming back from the grave!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Penarity wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:15 pm
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:04 pm

Chief Ogolo, I am at your service, sir. Meanwhile, the negative comment about Kenyan ladies is completely wrong. Kenyan ladies are amongst the most admired females in the world. Like someone said, they are not stingy with their gifts.
Great to see you buddy! Including your back-handed compliment! :D
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theDunamis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:55 pm

Well said.
That’s exactly what it is.
We know them.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

The boys worked their asses off….they cannot be faulted….

I fault the coach though….

Osayi struggled all game, still left him on.
The Iwobi sub game wey too early

Overall, I will take being in the final than playing beautiful football….

WELL DONE TO THE BOYS :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........