So We Meet Again! CIV - Nigeria Final.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
So We Meet Again! CIV - Nigeria Final.

Post by Damunk »

It was written.
I am happy.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
It's Nigeria v Cote d'ivore

Post by aruako1 »

I fancy the Super Eagles
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It's Nigeria v Cote d'ivore

Post by Babalawo »

Fack!

We beat them 1-0
Peter Obi For President 2023
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Haller is back for CIV.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Well it all comes down to this. Let's do it again boys!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: So We Meet Again! CIV - Nigeria Final.

Post by Robbynice »

Well it all comes down to this. Let's do it again boys!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

History doesn't exactly repeat itself, but it sure rhymes. This feels a lot like 2013 meeting Burkina Faso from the group stages and in the final once again. Hopefully the outcome is the same.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Really hate playing teams twice in a tournament
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

History does not exactly repeat, but it sure rhymes. So many things in this tourney are rhyming with 2013. When we met CIV in the group stages (like Burkina in 2013), there was a feeling we would meet again in the final. Hopefully the outcome will be the same.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So what do you want us to do? Call in sick?

Ivory Coast it is. I am sure they are not out having a party because they will be facing us and not South Africa.
deanotito wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:26 pm Really hate playing teams twice in a tournament
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE Beware.. .Cote d'Ivoire's Juju is Working on their Home Soil Ooo !!

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Group stages - They barely grace through on thin ice after coming 3rd in our group

2nd Round - They equalized Senegal in the 86th minute and then went on to beat them in Penalties

Quarter finals - They equalized Mali in the 89th minute of regulation AND then scored the winning goal in the 120th minute of extra time !!

Semi Finals - The scored a lucky volley ball in the beginning of the 2nd half against DR Congo to win by 1-0

NOW ....
Them go face us in the finals on their HOME SOIL :blink: We must know how much they are gonna double up their efforts to charm the playing fields esp. with this probably being their first AFCON title Everrrrrrr !!!

I have started shaking already Oooo.... we need to double all our IFA capabilities in place... Leaving no stones unturned !!

Emir Kongi .. .where art thou.. .?? Pleeeaaaase tell all our Babalawo to triple up their efforts and be on deck !!!
Yeparipaaaa :atc: We cannot afford to eat any of their foods or drink their waters or even be over-confident at all... .. !!!
==============================================================
Aaaaaaaggggghhh gaaddammmnnn ittt.... Wherez my Heineken + big wet pink bubble booty chics ?? :mrgreen:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Beware.. .Cote d'Ivoire's Juju is Working on their Home Soil Ooo !!

Post by Tbite »

I fear them because they will have a sense of 'destiny is on our side', but to be fair their own story is just more marketable, we have our own tale.

While not as dramatic, it is not as if we were fancied to make the finals. Even the manner of our semi final win.

The easiest way to best them will be in the first 30 minutes. They will be weak then. The pressure will be immense. People often think that home support is a simple science of, the crowd helps. Actually in the initial stages, the crowd can be detrimental. The pressure can be overwhelming. I saw it with Australia in the women's world cup. The crowd actually made them nervous initially.

It is when the home team gets into rhythm that the crowd becomes a powerful force. So if you take advantage of that 30 minute window where they ade slicing their clearances and miscommunication with the goalkeeper leading to a corner or a back pass, you will have an easier time.

I would up the intensity in that window of time. Don't waste too much time 'feeling them out'. You know them, you have played then.

The problem with a wounded prey that came back from the dead is they will have incredible spirit, you don't want to test their resolve. Kill them when they are weak. It will be a mistake to fiddle around with such a side.

If there has ever been a match in Nigerian history to be surgical and ruthless, this is it. Italian job in the first half, then see how they break down further in the second half.

This is not the only way to beat them, but I think it's the easiest path.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

CIV have run out of luck.
They’ve done well, but good luck and hard work sef get limit.

I bet you, most Ivorians if they are anything like Nigerians will agree that they’ve been extremely lucky so far.
But that wan don end.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1-1 going to PKs! Inshal Allah Nigeria wins!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1-1 going to PKs! Inshal Allah Nigeria wins!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:45 pm I fancy the Super Eagles
Hmm, in their place, plus we beat them before? I would have preferred to play another team, instead. Beating a team twice in a tournament is hardly done, plus CIV is at home. Thus, the game is going to be very hard for us to win
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:50 pm Well it all comes down to this. Let's do it again boys!
I hope we can, we need it!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:32 am 1-1 going to PKs! Inshal Allah Nigeria wins!
Noooooooo! We don't want to get into penalty shootout with CIV, we want, and should win out-rightly and be done with it
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Beware.. .Cote d'Ivoire's Juju is Working on their Home Soil Ooo !!

Post by kash n' karry »

Tbite wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:58 am I fear them because they will have a sense of 'destiny is on our side', but to be fair their own story is just more marketable, we have our own tale.

While not as dramatic, it is not as if we were fancied to make the finals. Even the manner of our semi final win.

The easiest way to best them will be in the first 30 minutes. They will be weak then. The pressure will be immense. People often think that home support is a simple science of, the crowd helps. Actually in the initial stages, the crowd can be detrimental. The pressure can be overwhelming. I saw it with Australia in the women's world cup. The crowd actually made them nervous initially.

It is when the home team gets into rhythm that the crowd becomes a powerful force. So if you take advantage of that 30 minute window where they ade slicing their clearances and miscommunication with the goalkeeper leading to a corner or a back pass, you will have an easier time.

I would up the intensity in that window of time. Don't waste too much time 'feeling them out'. You know them, you have played then.

The problem with a wounded prey that came back from the dead is they will have incredible spirit, you don't want to test their resolve. Kill them when they are weak. It will be a mistake to fiddle around with such a side.

If there has ever been a match in Nigerian history to be surgical and ruthless, this is it. Italian job in the first half, then see how they break down further in the second half.

This is not the only way to beat them, but I think it's the easiest path.
:evil: :twisted:
I concur Tbite.... We will have to play very well in the early portions of the game and try to score 1 may be 2 goals to unsettle them in front of their fans.

This CIV that i have seen tends to start their games very slow and disoriented, the good thing is that CIV is not as good as Cameroun or South Africa and their keeper is not as good as the South African keeper.

We still have to work on our offense bcos it is not precise and very wasteful.
==============================================================
Aaaaggghhh gaaddammnn ittt.... Wherez my Heineken + big wet pink bubble booty chics ??
:mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Odas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:09 am
Undertaker wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:32 am 1-1 going to PKs! Inshal Allah Nigeria wins!
Noooooooo! We don't want to get into penalty shootout with CIV, we want, and should win out-rightly and be done with it
Thank you Odas. South Africa just went through a euphoria of winning in penalty kicks last week to the agony of losing one. Let’s beat them straight up.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .